The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rik21
x

Hopefully you got 72/72 then!

That was indeed a fairly decent paper but I personally may have messed the last question up :c So pissed off right now
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Amyjonesx
did the question say who was most likely to resist conformity or who was most likely to conform?

It said who is most likely to resist the pressure to conform
How many marks can you drop and still get 100 ums???
Original post by Lad lol
Wtf swear it was the kid who wore lucky socks was more likely to conform?? And that was zach?

Zach had external locus of control so he was more likely to conform, Kieran had internal locus of control so he is more likely to resist pressures to conform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rik21
x

ok so thats kinda offensive to people who work really hard to achieve good grades for the subject? You don't gain anything out of putting other people and their efforts down so please stop. Some people find the subject really hard and rightly so as it depends on your abilities. It's not a 'fake subject' and my other subjects are considered 'hard subjects', it just depends on your ability doesn't it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rik21
x

Guessing you're expecting full marks then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lad lol
How many marks can you drop and still get 100 ums???

it depends on the grade boundaries, they'll put them up a week before results are out if I'm not mistaken, maybe a couple of days before
For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?
will i lose any marks if i stated the wrong name for the researcher?? i heard they don't mark negatively right?
does anyone know if any marks can be given if you wrote points in your essay plan? :\
Reply 2650
Original post by anniemp
For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?

Nah I thought it was to do with workload of control so Johansson or marmot study
Original post by Lad lol
Yeah it is right as they might get ttraumatised or somethinf to something they didn't agree to

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by anniemp

This was hardest question imo.
I wasn't sure and said lack of control (backed up by marmot) and The General adaptation model by hans Selye coz of increased arousal levels but I'm honestly not sure
Overall, this paper was actually good. Enjoyed both papers
Original post by anniemp

oh no I did workplace stress :frown: I think you may be right!
i have made so many stupid mistakes! :frown:
Original post by Lad lol
This was hardest question imo.
I wasn't sure and said lack of control (backed up by marmot) and The General adaptation model by hans Selye coz of increased arousal levels but I'm honestly not sure

Yeah, same, was really confusing. Didn't know what they were asking for. Do you think i would get credit for writing about life events?
Quite a few people in my year missed the first question :p:S
I thought the 3 markers on informational and normative were a bit stretched :/
I wrote zach was more likely to conform and that janet was stressed due to workload?? I also wrote about systematic desensitisation instead of sit XD
Generally I feel like the paper focused on the very particular aspects of each unit which was really annoying.

I thought the first paper was easier and this one was to try get people to flop to make it even? I hope they don't do that for the Nazi History paper on Wednesday D:
Original post by anniemp

No, you should have reffered to research about workplace stress, so karasek's job-strain model and marmot et al supporting this. She lacked control in her job and it was also high demand = high strain job and very stressful. You could also use papers like Johansson too :smile:

Me too. I found all the studies I'd revised really hard to apply to these questions. >.<

No, i think your right actually haha. It was talking about control and things and workplace, so not really life events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending