The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yousf
Pop retailer 8 marker and 6mark on goverment spending

ouch good luck on making it back in other parts of paper!
Reply 321
Original post by 16161616
ouch good luck on making it back in other parts of paper!

Think 95% of what i answered was correct. I didnt understand those 2 questionss either way, what did you write for goverment spending
Original post by LNeal96
I'm a little worried. For the last question in evaluating if you think becoming an Entrepreneur was a good idea. I decided to add up all the jobs he predicted he would have done over the year and compared it with the break-even point.

I worked out the break-even point as around 490
and he was only predicting of selling 400 units.

So i said it was a bad decision, however most people seem to have worked it out as him making a profit instead and i feel like I have put the wrong thing.
Did anyone do anything similar in 2(c)

wrong thread mate :smile: this is for edexcel 6bs01/6eb01
i really think edexcel should reconsider the timings for their paper.. 1 hr 15 minutes is just not enough !! an extra 5 minutes could have made a difference to my answers tbh they were obviously so rushed..
SECTION B"
Two factors which affect demand: Population and income level?

Leadership style = Democratic = Increased motivation = increased efficiency?

Test marketing = no risk of losing as much money as a full scale launch, but can lose ideas to competiors who can produce for cheaper

Start up capital- Little or no interest is a benefit, but can cause family feuds and cant raise as much funds as a commercial bank

Inflation = higher prices so less people have enough disposable income but depends how much it went up, and the products are relitavley cheap so an increase of 2.7 in 2013 would only make a difference of 50p

Spending = less spending on job seekers allowance so less unemployment benefit and they have less disposable income so they cant afford it so go for cheaper alternatives, however may be cut from other sectors like defence which wouldnt make a difference and its quite luxurious shirt so it may not affect people as much as target marker would be people who have a mid level income.

Are they right?
Reply 325
Original post by jamaicanbeggar
i really think edexcel should reconsider the timings for their paper.. 1 hr 15 minutes is just not enough !! an extra 5 minutes could have made a difference to my answers tbh they were obviously so rushed..

I agree its a disgrace, theres technically no time to think and im a fast writer and i still managed to miss 14marks. Before the exam i also knew that time is gona be my limiting factor, i kept looking at the clock every 5minutes, but its just not enough time. Theres a reason why we have so much time in essay based subjects.........
[QUOTE=JodieMarsh;55922127]please google your statement. completely false. Supermarkets like Aldi and Lidle have done so well with an increase in unemployment. Please do seem research before you put across your opinion

Aldi and lidle are Price competitive. That Busienss in that question was luxury good therefore being effected by unemployment.
Reply 327
Original post by McMurrough1
SECTION B"
Two factors which affect demand: Population and income level?

Leadership style = Democratic = Increased motivation = increased efficiency?

Test marketing = no risk of losing as much money as a full scale launch, but can lose ideas to competiors who can produce for cheaper

Start up capital- Little or no interest is a benefit, but can cause family feuds and cant raise as much funds as a commercial bank

Inflation = higher prices so less people have enough disposable income but depends how much it went up, and the products are relitavley cheap so an increase of 2.7 in 2013 would only make a difference of 50p

Spending = less spending on job seekers allowance so less unemployment benefit and they have less disposable income so they cant afford it so go for cheaper alternatives, however may be cut from other sectors like defence which wouldnt make a difference and its quite luxurious shirt so it may not affect people as much as target marker would be people who have a mid level income.

Are they right?

Inflation means people have less disposable income thus demand will decrease.
Original post by Yousf
Inflation means people have less disposable income thus demand will decrease.
yeah i put that as my analysis
[QUOTE=MatthewPaulW;55922991]I don't think it's an overstatement.

Summer 2013 AS business Unit 1 was 55 Marks for an A

Summer 2014 AS business Unit 1 was 48 marks for an A

It's possible depending on how bad people did overall.

Yep I did busienss paper last year and got a B and this exam was A LOT HARDER. My mates that retook that got B's too ( aiming for A's- said it was a lot harder this year.) I thnk it will be as low or lower then unit 1 2014 A mark last year tbh.)

This paper doesn't really effect me as they take the best mark out of the unit's (1) I have done so I have a B in the bag I just wanted an A :-)

You can always re take next year guys!
Reply 330
Probably got 50 if i didnt miss out 14marks should have got at least 58, according to the last year's grade boundaries would have been 100UMS omdz what AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE
Reply 331
Can somebody put me out of my misery, is it possible to get all 4 marks in the multiple choice by getting right answer, simply defining and explaning why 2 other options are wrong without elaboriating on why your answer is correct??
[QUOTE=Yousf;55926817]Can somebody put me out of my misery, is it possible to get all 4 marks in the multiple choice by getting right answer, simply defining and explaning why 2 other options are wrong without elaboriating on why your answer is correct??

Yes that's what I did last year got a B so yeah that is right way
Original post by alex.crichton
About question 8, it clearly is CUSTOMER WANTS WERE MET. There's no way unemployment can increase sales unless they give you some more evidence about it.

I agree with you here
I definitely believe it was "consumer wants met." They are likely to include both figures to make it clear they are referring to a specific brands success, rather than external factors in a specific country. Eg if they state UK sales increase then you may put it down to increasing incomes etc. They clearly showed it was a worldwide success, as they meet consumer needs.
Reply 335
Original post by Britishsunset
Yes that's what I did last year got a B so yeah that is right way

Cheers buddy

*edit* realised your a girl.

Cheers..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 336
Original post by suresure
I definitely believe it was "consumer wants met." They are likely to include both figures to make it clear they are referring to a specific brands success, rather than external factors in a specific country. Eg if they state UK sales increase then you may put it down to increasing incomes etc. They clearly showed it was a worldwide success, as they meet consumer needs.

It was, some people over analysed the question..
[QUOTE=Yousf;55927273]Cheers buddy

*edit* realised your a girl.

Cheers..
That's okay! Hope I do okay in this exam better then last year! Ether say I keep the higher unit in unit 1 (so for me B.) :-)
Reply 338
Original post by Britishsunset
That's okay! Hope I do okay in this exam better then last year! Ether say I keep the higher unit in unit 1 (so for me B.) :-)

The worst thing can happen is you keeping the B grade from last year, so im sure you'll be fine. You'll never know, this year overall was harder than last year's paper so if the grade boundaries are in our favour we might hit A's!
How was the paper evryone?

some ****ing next level maths questions.

Q3 IS SO HARD - retained profits are part of the income statement so how can it be that?

marketing plan is
human resource is
also , premised and equipment is so what is the ****ing answer

and did anyone get independence for Q2 RATHER THAN ETHICAL ****ING STANCE !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending