The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by room.25
It will warm me up for the rest of the day.

What?
I wrote about Crooks when Curley's wife says '******. i could get you strung up a tree so fast it aint even funny' then i wrote about lennie killing curleys wife and how hes describes as 'strong as a bull'.. Which i said Curleys wife wearing red all the time made him react as the colour red makes bulls instinctively attack! I only wrote 4 paragraphs in total for A and B in of mice and men tho :/
Well you my friend are turning green with envy.
Reply 623
I can't write under pressure - doubt I got an A*/A for this paper tbh.
Original post by room.25
I'm not ****ting myself. I've studied all the poems, in all the clusters, and I am going to pick the hardest question as I need something challenging. GCSE level just Isn't challenging at all for me, however I think this is because I go to a private school and you must obviously go to a public. Don't worry though, you're not expected to go as far in life as I am.

With that kind of attitude you won't be going very far at all, trust me.
Did anyone think that the exam today was really simple? So happy with how it went!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _ariane29
With that kind of attitude you won't be going very far at all, trust me.

Tell me that when I'm Prime Minister!!
For the ranch I wrote about it not being a place for women and it being made dominated, reflecting the time. How many people come and go (path beaten hard by boys), brutality as candy and crooks are crippled then how violence is used as a reprieve from loneliness and how the weak groups fight each other rather than unite.

I also wrote about the cyclical structure showing the fact that they are stuck on the ranch forever.

Hopefully I get full marks for the extract and the essay cause I ****ed up on poetry.
Original post by room.25
It might stimulate my brain, however it may not even be that challenging because AQA has to make these papers easy for people like you. You reply to me like Lennie replies to George; you obviously don't have much mental capacity. Maybe to go far in life your parents should invest in your education.

Hahaha you got some great jokes, all your replies are from you looking it up on the computer because for one you are a sad mother f***** because you want to make an exam harder even though no one in the right mind would do that. They don't make exams easier for me as I probably would have analysed a text better than you can you
Impertinent idiot see there I used alliteration. You don't need to go to a private school to succeed you idiot yeah u may have the best education but not a good quality of life as your stuck their working all day wow so great. You won't get far in life because no one would hire you because your arrogant and overconfident.
Original post by missaxo
Did anyone think that the exam today was really simple? So happy with how it went!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop being so big headed. Some people are struggling for an education!
Original post by TheBlackHookage
The question asked about "a ranch at the time of the novella" so you would have to include context. Your initial point is fine as a basis but you have to link it to context to achieve the highest marks possible.

For these types of questions, my teacher has always told us we should aim to have 3 paragraphs with 3 different points in order to reach band 6, so I'm not sure if 1 point will be enough to reach the highest marks.

If you developed your point well, linking it to context, audience response, how Steinbeck presented it and why he did, I think you'd be able to make it into Band 5 but the lack of points would prohibit a Band 6 mark.

Thank you, my teacher said to write a lot about a little, which I guess i took too literally :smile: I hope you do well as it sounds like you deserve it :biggrin: I'm just relying on this poetry exam to pull my grade up...
Thank god english is a subjectvin which has a fixed marked scheme.
Could anyone help me please? My English teacher didn't tell us anything about the AOs ... So I didn't think you had to write about language, structure and form. I wrote a bit about Mr Birling's long speeches (provincial and social-ladder-climbing - long monologues showing he is egotistical and this makes audience dislike him - helping priestly show that capitalism is wrong) and about the short sentences in the to Kill a Mockingbird passage (to show scout's age and disapproval at her father). Do you think this will be enough to get enough points? I got full marks in the controlled assessments and, now I know about AO2, will write about this in Thursday's poetry exam. I was hoping for an A* before now and this has really worried me. Help!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did this exam today and I wrote 7 pages of crap . Great.:closedeyes:
Original post by room.25
Stop being so big headed. Some people are struggling for an education!

Says you your such a Hypocrite, yeah like you would be the prime minister no one would vote for you because your a cocky little f*** no one would like any of your views
Original post by room.25
Tell me that when I'm Prime Minister!!

You're awful at trolling, by the way :tongue:
Well done everyone! Hope it all went well!!
Omg i was quite pleased with the paper considering the fact that i only really revised the character of Arthur Birling and he came up!
OMAN was a bit challenging. I did not expect Curleys wife at all! I didn't even revise her..
for part b of oman would it of been okay to write about the shooting of candy's dog? the fact that his dog was taken from him and he was left "staring at the ceiling" suggesting that candy had no control over his companions fate due to his old age/being assumed as weak?? therefore being seen as a lower class citizen as he has lost the ability to have an influence on brutality as a whole? i also wrote that the shooting of his dog foreboded his possible fate due to him having no control over some of the other ranch workers? idk if that even made sense :frown: blah, praying for low grade boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone remember the exact question about Mr Birling??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending