The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rik21
You do have to work hard, all i'm saying is that it's really easy if you do (much easier than the likes of physics or economics) You never really have to apply yourself and imo in an AS-Level that should be a requirement. If you have memorised
(not learnt) everything you could EASILY get full ums IMO

I think you need to put your opinion elsewhere, as it's not going to make anyone who felt that exam went badly feel any better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lad lol
How many marks can you drop and still get 100 ums???

Last year 62/72 was full 100 ums so you can drop ten
Original post by Rik21
I'm not trying to sound like a d*ckhead but i didn't really revise for that exam (only learnt about SIT 5 minutes before the exam started) but if a kid did revise they could have easily got 100ums. I only did 2 past papers and i recognised a good 4 questions (probably 15 marks all together) it's just a shame i didn't remember the answers lol

Cool story
Original post by phoebecushion
I did workplace but I think you can do life changes because it talked about her life outside work

ah yeah possibly, thats true!
Original post by cherrycola98
No that's fine it could be SIT or hardiness training

Phew!! Think it went quite well but don't want to be overly confident but hoping that my unit 1 score will bring me up!!
Original post by Lad lol
WHOA which question asked about SIT and systematic desensitisation?

psychological stress management (?)
Unless I was going to write about the wrong thing anyway...
Reply 2686
Original post by yasx_
for the janet question i started writing about workload and johansson study but then i thought it was wrong so i crossed it all out and instead i wrote about low job control and marmot et al, i also wrote a little on rahe et al and life changes? is this wrong? this question was 4 marks, right? correct me if i'm wrong

No that answer is perfectly right, you could do either work load Johansson or control-marmot not sure about life changes though I suppose that works
Reply 2687
Original post by mollev27
I think you need to put your opinion elsewhere, as it's not going to make anyone who felt that exam went badly feel any better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I flopped the exam too... It's not a huge deal though? It is a fake subject at the end of the day. And i'm sure you did well enough in Unit 1 to make up for some mistakes for unit 2 (bear in mind that jan 2013 i think was 66% for an a)
Original post by Lad lol
My god I can't remember this question .. Was it the one where you can say RET as well? As I said the ABC model

I don't think there was a question where you shouldve mentioned the ABC model? there was nothing on the cognitive approach to psychopathology was there?
Original post by Lad lol
**** how many marks was that question
Worth? I said RET and abc model ffs

Can't remember if it was 4 or 6 marks?? I think RET and abc are to do with cognitive approach to abnormality but I might be wrong :/
Original post by Rik21
I flopped the exam too... It's not a huge deal though? It is a fake subject at the end of the day. And i'm sure you did well enough in Unit 1 to make up for some mistakes for unit 2 (bear in mind that jan 2013 i think was 66% for an a)

Yeah so stop being cocky and horrible about it mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by korrin
psychological stress management (?)
Unless I was going to write about the wrong thing anyway...

RET therapy am I rite? :frown: ffs it's in revision guide
Original post by Lad lol
**** how many marks was that question
Worth? I said RET and abc model ffs

I think thats abnormality :s-smilie:
What did everyone do for the analysis of psychoanalysis ?

- I said potensial ethical issues due to bringing back the unconscious memories .. And how it can make the person more stressed than before

- also talked about a strength that it was supported by Anna o... Cade study and how psychoanalysis helped her

- but spoke about the limitations of using case studies and generally how case studies are bad .. E.c.t :/ idk what I'd get out of 4 Though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anniemp
Was the question on behavioural approach 8 marks? and was it just outline and not evaluate?

it was 6 marks, purely AO1. There were no 8 mark questions which was weird?
Original post by studentwiz
Scattergraph q1 was c

Posted from TSR Mobile

there goes another mark for me then
Reply 2696
Original post by SunDun111
Cool story

Original post by Ash-H
Anyone have an idea on what grade boundaries are going to be like? About how many marks for an A?

53/4 = A most probably
It was the behavioural approach ^^

Had to talk about operant /classical conditioning and social learning :smile: xd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by honeypot43
I don't think there was a question where you shouldve mentioned the ABC model? there was nothing on the cognitive approach to psychopathology was there?

No but I thought it applied as a psychological method of stress too. It's in my revision guide and I guess CBT is kinda psychological :frown: how many marks did I lose ffs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending