The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nat100000
I made the biggest mistake ever! Was the 6 mark question on individual differences on behavioural approach? I'm sure it said biological and that's what I wrote about but afterwards someone told me that it was behavioural?😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Outline the behavioural approach; it was the 12 marker that was on biological therapies.
Original post by iamJOM
It is a psychological method since CBT is the umbrella term under which SIT and hardiness training fall, but CBT does not directly apply to stress management in this specification. It was 4 marks, so not a huge number.

Thanks damn my revision guide screwed me over! RET is used for stress management according to CGP. Haha
For the why is informed consent an ethical issue I put cos it denies participants right to withdraw?
I expected the exam to be much harder tbh since unit 1 was really easy too. Grade boundaries will be high.

There wasn't anything on the stress response or immune system weirdly, it was long overdue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evekay
I FEEL YOU

what did you put for the first question? I couldn't even do that one and kept changing my answer xD i went for B in the end, anyone else?

WAIT i dont remember what letter i put but i put the positive correlation one, which one is that :O :\
For the social change one did you actually have to refer to research? Because I just said it was consistency lead to snowball effect then crytoamnesia for example
Was the stress management psychological or physiological? Having a mental block and can't remember what it said!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kitty260
what did you get for the zack and Kieran one

Kieran -- internal locus of control
Zach -- external

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoex101
I talked about benzodiazepines and biofeedback in the 12 marker, I'm worried because most of my ao2 talked about benzos and biofeedback, will I get some credit? Stress and anxiety can be abnormalities right???

They're to do with biologal treatments of stress tho?
Original post by nina_96
Was the stress management psychological or physiological? Having a mental block and can't remember what it said!

Posted from TSR Mobile

psychological i think xx
What did people put for the how psychologists overcome ethical issues? 4 marks
And the behavioural approach being outlined for 6 marks??
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone else find the daily hassles question quite hard, like I could barely think of more than one study

Yeah that was exactly what I hoped wouldn't come up, all the research just says almost exactly the same stuff. We were given loads of studies on daily hassles so I managed to blag my way through 3 of them and then give some general findings at the end so hopefully it's fine!
I made the biggest mistake ever! Was the 6 mark question on individual differences on behavioural approach? I'm sure it said biological and that's what I wrote about but afterwards someone told me that it was behavioural?😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it was definitely behavioural :frown: I started to write about biological too then I realised
Original post by honeypot43
as long as you did drugs in enough depth and detail then you can still access the full 12 marks! But you really don't need full marks in 12 markers as long as you did well on the rest of the paper

I did BB
BZ
antipsychoitics
Antidepressants
In detail
Reply 2734

That first page!! :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Lad lol;55925981]No but I thought it applied as a psychological method of stress too. It's in my revision guide and I guess CBT is kinda psychological :frown: how many marks did I lose ffs

RET will get u marks
What did you get for the daily hassles one I put gervais :frown:
Original post by iamJOM
Yeah that was exactly what I hoped wouldn't come up, all the research just says almost exactly the same stuff. We were given loads of studies on daily hassles so I managed to blag my way through 3 of them and then give some general findings at the end so hopefully it's fine!

For the daily hassles study did you have to talk about more than one, or would one in lots have detail been fine?
Original post by unimaginable118
WAIT i dont remember what letter i put but i put the positive correlation one, which one is that :O :\

The incorrect one - B I think. Most studies find that as stress increases immune system functioning decreases, which was C.
I put hardy I wasn't sure😏what did you put?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too in the end! But i was debating between type B, ive heard a few people say B as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending