The Student Room Group

Critical thinking 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
that was horrible.
Predicted grade boundaries anyone?
Last year it was 52 for an A, 46 for a B and so on.

I'd probably say it will be the same. Maybe 1 or 2 lower...

So guessing around 50 - 54 for an A
aha siddhart beta.
i think the grade boundary will be 74 for an A. and the rest U
are you ready for c2 Sid
That was the worst paper yet- it didn't seem like any of the others. The invigilator kept on trying to strike up a conversation with me as well in the exam.
Hi, anyone willing to discuss answers? Specifically section A
Original post by Multiplication

all i wanna know is which document we were supposed to get the argument indicator words from in question 1 (part c or d). Normally the question is completely on document 1 bt some people are saying it was document 2 for that part
Original post by alex.talbot98
all i wanna know is which document we were supposed to get the argument indicator words from in question 1 (part c or d). Normally the question is completely on document 1 bt some people are saying it was document 2 for that part

\it was document 1 for the examples, document two for the argument indcators and document 3 for is this statement a conclusion
Original post by Multiplication

Sure.
Original post by bob smith 23
That was the worst paper yet- it didn't seem like any of the others. The invigilator kept on trying to strike up a conversation with me as well in the exam.

lolwut what did they want to talk about?
Original post by lukejoshjames
lolwut what did they want to talk about?

When I asked for an extra sheet of paper she spent ages explaining how to use it, and when she asked what question it was for, she felt the need need to explain it all again.
How did you feel the exam went-I didn't finish it...(wonder why)
When I asked for an extra sheet of paper she spent ages explaining how to use it, and when she asked what question it was for, she felt the need need to explain it all again.
How did you feel the exam went-I didn't finish it...(wonder why)

lol xD
I didn't finish either, but I think I got as many marks as I could, so I guess I'll just have to try to do better in Unit 2, though I'm not very hopeful for that one either.
Which questions did you miss out?
lol xD
I didn't finish either, but I think I got as many marks as I could, so I guess I'll just have to try to do better in Unit 2, though I'm not very hopeful for that one either.
Which questions did you miss out?

I went against my own advice and ran out of time for the 16 mark- but to be honest I wasn't expecting question 9, which seemed like an essay in itself, but on just one claim. What did you miss out?
Original post by Siddhart1998
Well that OCR paper for critical thinking today was stupidly hard. Harder than normal :frown:

I completely agree and I think most people on here did. There was some really weird questions and asked for 3 credibility things on one of the questions!? So glad it wash just me who found it difficult. Hopefully there will be lower grade boundaries 😥
Original post by Katherine137
I completely agree and I think most people on here did. There was some really weird questions and asked for 3 credibility things on one of the questions!? So glad it wash just me who found it difficult. Hopefully there will be lower grade boundaries 😥

Yh that was dumb. I couldn't think of a second one, yet alone third :frown:

Plus the first question was hard - I couldn't find the conclusion for the life of me. So I guessed it was part of the first sentence.

Plus I ran out of time..... Couldn't write anything about plausibility. That's 8 marks down the drain.
I went against my own advice and ran out of time for the 16 mark- but to be honest I wasn't expecting question 9, which seemed like an essay in itself, but on just one claim. What did you miss out?

I missed out half of a 4 marker in the first section, but tbh I'm not very good with timing, so I rushed the 12 mark question and 16 mark question, which means I probably lost quite a few marks there.
At least I didn't miss out the whole question like some of the people at my school, I need all the marks I can get.
I missed out half of a 4 marker in the first section, but tbh I'm not very good with timing, so I rushed the 12 mark question and 16 mark question, which means I probably lost quite a few marks there.
At least I didn't miss out the whole question like some of the people at my school, I need all the marks I can get.

I usually get half and hour to do that 16 marker, but the 12 marker through me completely off. And the questions in Section A- it seems to me that they took previous years' questions and made them 10x harder. It's strange because everyone I've talked to found it hard and ran out of time... they've got to lower the grade boundaries dramatically, or I've failed...
Original post by Siddhart1998
Yh that was dumb. I couldn't think of a second one, yet alone third :frown:

Plus the first question was hard - I couldn't find the conclusion for the life of me. So I guessed it was part of the first sentence.

Plus I ran out of time..... Couldn't write anything about plausibility. That's 8 marks down the drain.

it was part of the first sentence

Quick Reply

Latest