The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
What did you put for the internal and external locus of control ?! I put Tom was external as he said he wouldn't go to the football trials unless the others went, and Kieran for the internal as he thought he had trained hard....
Original post by k.bryan4
For Janet, I did write about lack of control at work but then stupidly wrote about life changes will I still get the marks for lack of control? Or will I just drop all marks because I did half of it wrong?

I'm fairly sure that the question was set out in such a way that you could talk about life changes or workload/control - I did both anyway. I don't think you'll be docked marks for talking about life changes; in fact it'll probably give you more marks since it seems relevant :biggrin:
Original post by cherrycola98
No it was definitely behavioural :frown: I started to write about biological too then I realised

Ohhh no😔 how did you find the paper?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJC16
What did you put for the internal and external locus of control ?! I put Tom was external as he said he wouldn't go to the football trials unless the others went, and Kieran for the internal as he thought he had trained hard....

Kieran was internal yes, but Zach was external as he relied on his "lucky sock" to help him do well.
Original post by MoeSidat
Sadly no
As it was taking about social change so you should of put, moscovivi (1969), suffragettes and civil right movement and talk about being consistent to create a snowball effect.

Regards

If this is related to the social change this is exactly the mark scheme in previous year tbh it even says not talk bout moscovici unless it shows effective use so the asnwer was the mark scheme being non dogmatic etc you are wrong there mate sorry
Reply 2765
Original post by iamJOM
Kieran was internal yes, but Zach was external as he relied on his "lucky sock" to help him do well.

Omg I was going to put that but it said he didn't feel lucky so i thought that was internal as he himself didn't feel lucky :frown:
Original post by evekay
positive correlation was B so you can be my friend :biggrin:

I put B too!🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiranjott
Disadvantage of scatter diagrams??

They don't show causation. Most studies say that high stress levels lead to a weak immune system, though it may in reality be the other way around. There could also be an intervening variable that correlates with both of the co-variables, making it appear as though they correlate with each other.
Reply 2768
What did you all put for the daily hassles findings question ?
Original post by iamJOM
They don't show causation. Most studies say that high stress levels lead to a weak immune system, though it may in reality be the other way around. There could also be an intervening variable that correlates with both of the co-variables, making it appear as though they correlate with each other.

I thought it asked us strengths / weaknesses of correlations?????!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.bryan4
For Janet, I did write about lack of control at work but then stupidly wrote about life changes will I still get the marks for lack of control? Or will I just drop all marks because I did half of it wrong?

I wrote about life changes too, I also put a bit on having a higher workload due to her extra project. What did the question say about her lacking control? I would have thought that having the extra project at work would have increased her control.
Original post by iamJOM

Yea I said there's no causal relationship and other factors may affect the relationship between the 2 variables. For the advantage I put: helps show a relationship even when a variable cannot be manipulated experimentally? Do you reckon those will get me full marks?
Original post by unimaginable118
Hopefully we'll be right although I'm starting to doubt it hahah :s-smilie:

I hope so too! But everyone told me it was wrong😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did everyone find that paper challenging? I did :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJC16

Levy et al. and Gervais. In summary just showing that daily hassles are detrimental to job performance and increase susceptibility to illness. Also in Gervais' study it was found that daily uplifts counteracted the negative effects of the daily hassles.
Original post by deano321
Did everyone find that paper challenging? I did :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed the boundaries will be lower 😇

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did it ask us about locus of control/ resisting pressure to conform?
Original post by AJC16

Kanner et al. and DeLongis et al. - more hassles, more illness.

Can someone just confirm that there wasn't another question after the 12 marker? Worried now.
Original post by mogwai98
Kanner et al. and DeLongis et al. - more hassles, more illness.

Can someone just confirm that there wasn't another question after the 12 marker? Worried now.

No there wasn't. Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending