The Student Room Group

WJEC 2015 Of Mice and Men Prediction

Does anyone know which character is most likely to come up? And is there a pattern in the papers?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by farhan.khawaja
Does anyone know which character is most likely to come up? And is there a pattern in the papers?

if i was betting man id put my money on slim, possibly lennie but more than likely slim
I'm saying Candy and loneliness
Original post by stephengamage
I'm saying Candy and loneliness

if loneliness comes up i will probably cry of happiness during the exam, btw im doing WJEC are you doing it or are you doing AQA
WJEC :smile: It will probably be on Aunt Clara hahaha :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
WJEC :smile: It will probably be on Aunt Clara hahaha :'D

haha
and i did a essay on loneliness and i got 15/20 so im hoping it'll come up so i can get like 18/20
Fingers crossed, best of luck! Make sure you post on here to let me know how it went
it was alrigght but the poetry was absoutely rubbish and hard to write about as there were not many similarities.

How did you guys do?

P.S WJEC only
Original post by OMGitsOverpower
it was alrigght but the poetry was absoutely rubbish and hard to write about as there were not many similarities.

How did you guys do?

P.S WJEC only

On the Of mice and men section i was fine but i know i failed because of the poetry
what about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Fingers crossed, best of luck! Make sure you post on here to let me know how it went

i did okay in the Of mice and men section but the poetry section was extremely hard
how did you go?

Btw you were right about Candy coming up but i did the other question because i though i could write more about it
(edited 8 years ago)
I considered the other question but eventually I went with my gut instinct. Thought the extract was difficult, and the second poem was a bit dodgy.
Lets face it, we all found the poetry hard because it was so random (about nature).
Let alone that, there was not much stuff to analyse which made me really shaky in the exam.......I was literally scratching my head to think what to write about these poems.

Leaving that, The mice and men was a good half of the paper and in my opinion the whole country probably did good on that half. Saying that, if this is true, then the grade boundaries will be quite high but at the same time will be brang down because of the poetry section.

What do you guys think grade boundaries will be?
Original post by OMGitsOverpower
Lets face it, we all found the poetry hard because it was so random (about nature).
Let alone that, there was not much stuff to analyse which made me really shaky in the exam.......I was literally scratching my head to think what to write about these poems

Leaving that, The mice and men was a good half of the paper and in my opinion the whole country probably did good on that half. Saying that, if this is true, then the grade boundaries will be quite high but at the same time will be brang down because of the poetry section.

What do you guys think grade boundaries will be?

Loads of people from my school found the poetry section really easy
Poetry was dreadful.. and what was the full exam out of?
Saying that, all of us need to nail the exam on friday about heros and an inspector calls.
I've been following this thread since this morning, but I finally decided to sign up so I can talk to you guys. Hi! I think the exam went fine, everyone said the poetry was hard? I found it quite OK. Similarities I wrote about included that both poems were about nature changing scenery, how the change was inevitable and I quoted why.. 1st poem something about 'it has to blossom' and something else from the other poem. The differences, they both were about changing scenery but one was about changing scenery positively (City Lilac) and second one was negatively... I can't remember other points I made.
Original post by farhan.khawaja
i did okay in the Of mice and men section but the poetry section was extremely hard
how did you go?

Btw you were right about Candy coming up but i did the other question because i though i could write more about it

I did that question too, what points did you make? I made points about poverty, death, privilege, social stratification, cultural American dream... etc
I, for one, felt the second poem described a more ruthless side to nature whereas poem one focused around its more gentle side. Don't forget, everyone, you get marks for your own opinion, not the examiner's. :biggrin:
Reply 18
First poem was about drugs and prostitution: 'flesh exchange', 'deal is done'. 'cracked alleyways'. The 'lilac' is a metaphor for prostitutes:frown: but hardly anyone realised this e.g. me. Sad times
Reply 19
But as above, as long as you support your ideas then you can still get the marks! I just thought it might help to finally understand the poems because they were so hard!:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending