The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ranimayx
Stress:
Tick box on correlation (1)
Scattergram (1)
Correlation strength (2)
Correlation weakness (2)
Daily hassles (4)
Behaviour types (1)
Behaviour types (1)
Behaviour type effects (4)
Workplace stress (4)
Sit (4)
Social Influence:
Informed consent (2)
Ethics (4)
Difference between C&O (2)
Normative social influence (3)
Informational social influence (3)
LOC (1)
LOC (1)
Resist (4)
Social change (4)
Abnormality:
Limitation of definition (2)
Behaviourist approach (6)
Psychoanalysis evaluation (4)
Biological treatments (12)

For anyone wondering! Any guesses on grade boundaries?

Why the HELL was there 6 marks going for the normative/informational social influence one?? What did you say for them?
Original post by JaivfromONM
I put B for the first question stupidly :/ and also wrote about systematic desensitization for the 12 marker, so i've already dropped 13 marks :frown: Did terrible in that one

I think I might have seen once on a mark scheme stating that if a student has written about the wrong thing but has written a detailed answer on another topic by accident then a few marks can be awarded. I have no idea if the mark scheme will be this generous, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as some grade boundaries still allow you to lose 22 marks to get an A.
Reply 2802
Original post by laurenrayment
Did anyone write that Tom was most likely to conform on the conformity question? He wasn't really part of the main question but it said Tom would go if both Zach and Kieran went and he wouldn't go if they didn't

I put he had an external locus of control because he is not taking the responsibility to go himself but relying on the other going but everyone is saying it was Zach and his Lucky sock so I'm not sure
Original post by mogwai98
Overall, okay though I know I've dropped a few marks on some of the 2/4 mark questions. Think I messed up the why is lack of informed consent an issue one (what did you say?).
Yes, I think that is fine. I said something along those lines :smile:

Trying to work out if this paper was harder or easier compared to last year, so I know what the grade boundaries may be like. Any idea?

it was much harder... i envisage the boundaries to be low.... and you were right about informed consent i believe on the ethics question. i wrote about following up the participants with questionnaires and psychologist (maybe wrong not sure) and presumptive consent from BPS :smile: You?
Original post by Lad lol
no I disregarded tom's existence completely. I thought, "sheep, conformist little ant", and ripped out his name from paper in fury. Only zach and kieran were mentioned in my answer. Zach was a deluded fool, and oddity and most importantly a coward. Kieran was a bravehearted knight. A real gentleman. A winner and a lion amongst sheep.

:adore: You freaking made my day !! Had two exams today was hella stressed but now I cant stop laughing XD
Original post by Lad lol
no I disregarded tom's existence completely. I thought, "sheep, conformist little ant", and ripped out his name from paper in fury. Only zach and kieran were mentioned in my answer. Zach was a deluded fool, and oddity and most importantly a coward. Kieran was a bravehearted knight. A real gentleman. A winner and a lion amongst sheep.

This post is Best thing to happen related to AS Psychology
Original post by deano321
don't worry about it... its over now. theres nothing you can do. i envisage the boundaries will be low anyway... chin up

Yeah I hope so! I need to revise for ethics tomorrow now😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeeKee-Original
:adore: You freaking made my day !! Had two exams today was hella stressed but now I cant stop laughing XD

loool, just came up with that on the spot too
Original post by nat100000
Yeah I hope so! I need to revise for ethics tomorrow now😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

unlucky! i have my sociology exam thursday :/
Original post by AJC16
I put he had an external locus of control because he is not taking the responsibility to go himself but relying on the other going but everyone is saying it was Zach and his Lucky sock so I'm not sure

I still wrote Zach and his lucky sock for external :wink: but for the question about who was least likely to conform I wrote Kieran and then that Tom was most likely
I if I dropped 28 marks what grade do you think that would be?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Janet question,I wrote about life changes because if it was workplace stress then why did the question talk about her holiday and the wedding. I wrote how the changes require psychic energy (Holmes and Rahe). I don't know if this is right 😕 also they said at work she had a 'new' project so yeah.
i completely forgot THE AO1 points for the 12 marker and only put down the evaluation not sure if ill get any marks for that :frown:
unlucky! i have my sociology exam thursday :/

Aww good luck for that! I have ethics tomorrow, maths Wednesday and biology Thursday🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lad lol
yeah it did with that legend Kieran and that disgrace of a human being Zach.

I said Keiran and Tom! Is this wrong?:frown:
it was much harder... i envisage the boundaries to be low.... and you were right about informed consent i believe on the ethics question. i wrote about following up the participants with questionnaires and psychologist (maybe wrong not sure) and presumptive consent from BPS :smile: You?

Hopefully you're right then.
It asked something like why i.c. should be gained, didn't it? I said 'ppts need to know what will be expected of them and what the study will involve'... No idea if that answers the question though.
On the Q on how to deal with ethical issues I spoke of gaining presumptive or prior general consent. Then mentioned maintaining confidentiality by using a fake name (when publishing findings) because I panicked a bit :s-smilie: That bit is wrong. What you wrote sounds much better tbh, looking at my notes on this now :smile:
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I did BB
BZ
antipsychoitics
Antidepressants
In detail

i thought BB and BZ were for stress? I guess they could be applied but as far as im aware its just antipsychotics and antidepressants
Original post by nat100000
I if I dropped 28 marks what grade do you think that would be?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year that would've just been a B, year before it was a C.
Original post by Mitzi_Holley
It said who would 'resist' pressure to conform, not who would conform! So you don't need to talk about Tom. It was only there to throw you off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about that aswell (mostly that) but at the end I just wrote tom was most likely
Original post by honeypot43
i thought BB and BZ were for stress? I guess they could be applied but as far as im aware its just antipsychotics and antidepressants

Oh dear :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending