The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fleming1928
For the 12 marker I wrote about anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. Are these the correct drugs or was I meant to write about BBs and BZs? I also wrote about ECt

those are the right drugs, as well as ect. you could have also mentioned psychosurgery but what you said was right! dw
I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?
Original post by iamJOM
Who is most likely to resist the pressure to conform, so Kieran.

Ahh phew, thank you!
Original post by Midnight1811
Posted from TSR Mobile

NSI most superficial type of conformity.
NSI based on desire to be liked.
NSI, person conforms publicly while continuing to privately disagree.

ISI most deep rooted form of Conformity.
ISI based on desire to be right.
ISI, person Internalises group view, both public and privately.

**** i ****ed this one up badly fml
can AQA read bad handwriting and are they dedicated to deciphering bad handwriting??
For the daily hassles question I just wrote that the nurses in Gervais found that daily uplifts counteracted with daily hassles and said that in Kanner there was 117 hassles and 135 uplifts (items) and uplifts counteracted with that also??
Original post by Eleanor303
I would say if grade boundaries are low then you could still get a B, but if they're higher then most likely a C :smile:

Okay thank you! I was aiming for an A but I think I would be happy with a c/b on this paper because I think this one went the worst out of the 2☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nat100000
I put Kieran as least likely and Zach as most likely☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my answer I defined locus of control and then talked about how Keiran is least likely to resist pressures to conform
Didn't mention Zachary is this ok for full 4 marks :frown:
Original post by beckyjdavey
I accidentally wrote about biological therapies for stress instead of abnormality in the 12 marker (Bz's and stuff) but evaluated drugs and stuff.. Do you think I could have picked up a few marks?

Yes I think this would be entirely possible if you made generalised points about them having side effects but are quick and easy to take etc...
Wtf are you lot on? The question was on who was more likely to resist pressures to conform. The only answer is Kieran. Why would you talk about who is more likely to conform?
Original post by mogwai98
Hopefully you're right then.
It asked something like why i.c. should be gained, didn't it? I said 'ppts need to know what will be expected of them and what the study will involve'... No idea if that answers the question though.
On the Q on how to deal with ethical issues I spoke of gaining presumptive or prior general consent. Then mentioned maintaining confidentiality by using a fake name (when publishing findings) because I panicked a bit :s-smilie: That bit is wrong. What you wrote sounds much better tbh, looking at my notes on this now :smile:

alright :smile: it sounds about right to be honest ..... and don't worry about it. its done now :smile:
didn't tom say he'll go if the other two go? (tom & zach) seems quite external locus tbh

& for question 1a. i ticked b. lol anyone agree or disagree ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you'll get any marks, as you need A01 in order to do A02, unless question explicitly mentions limitations which it didn't. Sorry pal

savage. no limits. midnight1811 the destroyer of dreams
Posted from TSR Mobile

NSI most superficial type of conformity.
NSI based on desire to be liked.
NSI, person conforms publicly while continuing to privately disagree.

ISI most deep rooted form of Conformity.
ISI based on desire to be right.
ISI, person Internalises group view, both public and privately.

FOR NSI I wrote that
-you conform to the group because you want to gain their approval and you want to fit in.
-it links in with compliance (I then described compliance)
-is only temporary and only lasts when you're with the group
-only happens in unambiguous situations

FOR ISI I wrote that:
- you conform to the group because you're unsure on how to act and you believe they're correct
-it links with internalisation (i then described internalisation)
-is not temporary as you agree with the group's opinion
-only happens in ambiguous situations

Is this correct?
Original post by Fleming1928
For the 12 marker I wrote about anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. Are these the correct drugs or was I meant to write about BBs and BZs? I also wrote about ECt

Yeah that's right! I wrote about psychosurgery/pre frontal labotomy, ect and chlorpromazine☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anniemp
For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?

I thought Rahe was life change personally
Original post by Eleanor303
Yes I think this would be entirely possible if you made generalised points about them having side effects but are quick and easy to take etc...

I think I was pretty general, bit annoyed though that I completely mixed it up! Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by IAmUncreative
didn't tom say he'll go if the other two go? (tom & zach) seems quite external locus tbh

& for question 1a. i ticked b. lol anyone agree or disagree ?

Zach needed his lucky socks. Luck is what people with ILC believe. Tom is just a sideman
I reckon I got 53 on unit 1 and 52 on this one. Would this be a B? I'm nervous..
Original post by Marli-Ruth
In my answer I defined locus of control and then talked about how Keiran is least likely to resist pressures to conform
Didn't mention Zachary is this ok for full 4 marks :frown:

You don't have to mention Zach as it only asked for who was most likely to resist pressures to conform, which was Kieran. So if you put Kieran as least likely then you probably would only get the marks for locus of control :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending