The Student Room Group

Textiles AQA GCSE 19th May

Any ideas on possible 8 mark questions?

Did you like the theme of science and technology?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this! I really don't like the theme think it's difficult
Reply 2
Original post by Summerlight
I'm doing this! I really don't like the theme think it's difficult

I agree, my designs are not great and I think I should redo one of them but times running out:s-smilie:
Yeah mine are not that great either, I done well in my coursework so hoping that will bring it up. I don't have much time to revise for textiles :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the exam isn't usually that bad, last year 87 out of 120 was an A and 95 was an A*, and some of it is just common sense. I'm probably just going to do a few practice questions from the revision guide or something.
lasts years exam was more common sense than anything else
Reply 6
I've only got today to revise so trying to cram as much as possible! Doesn't help that Geography is on the same day, to be honest. I don't mind the theme - I've used inspiration of robots/planets and I think they're pretty good. Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Reply 7
does anybody have any design ideas for the theme?
Reply 8
Original post by bee264
does anybody have any design ideas for the theme?

I have got some which my teacher put as full marks. Would it be helpful to post them here? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by lilbunni
I have got some which my teacher put as full marks. Would it be helpful to post them here? :smile:

Yess thank u!! I need some inspiration, i've got an idea but i dont know if its good to use
Attachment not found
Original post by bee264
Yess thank u!! I need some inspiration, i've got an idea but i dont know if its good to use

Hopefully these help you out! Also, my textiles teacher is a gem and made a pinterest board with lots of helpful bits relevant to the theme, take a look: https://www.pinterest.com/misscollina/gcse-textiles-exam-prep-2015/

:smile: :smile: :smile:
I've only got today to revise so trying to cram as much as possible! Doesn't help that Geography is on the same day, to be honest. I don't mind the theme - I've used inspiration of robots/planets and I think they're pretty good. Good luck to everyone! :smile:

yes please
Attachment not found

Hopefully these help you out! Also, my textiles teacher is a gem and made a pinterest board with lots of helpful bits relevant to the theme, take a look: https://www.pinterest.com/misscollina/gcse-textiles-exam-prep-2015/

:smile: :smile: :smile:

are those two the initials? and what about the developed and final?
and are those all the annotations and what grade did the teacher give you
Original post by iloveflowersxo
are those two the initials? and what about the developed and final?
and are those all the annotations and what grade did the teacher give you

Two smaller ones on one page are initial designs, I chose to develop the first one which is the separate image. Those are all the annotations (although messy and not exactly how I will do them - better vocab/structures). My teacher marked these as an A* full marks :smile:
Two smaller ones on one page are initial designs, I chose to develop the first one which is the separate image. Those are all the annotations (although messy and not exactly how I will do them - better vocab/structures). My teacher marked these as an A* full marks :smile:

im really stuck on what to do for my skirt, ive decided i want to focus on a skirt but don't know what kind of science and technology theme i should put, so far i found ive got A in my pratical but ive ben so focused on other sbject i've had no time for textiles at all.
Reply 15

Yeah I have Geography and Textiles too. Robots and Planets seems like a good idea.
For Geography(I AM guessing that you are doing Edexceel too)what do you think that the nine marker will be? Any predictions????
Good luck! x
urgh i dont know how to revise effectively for textiles......
Original post by iloveflowersxo
im really stuck on what to do for my skirt, ive decided i want to focus on a skirt but don't know what kind of science and technology theme i should put, so far i found ive got A in my pratical but ive ben so focused on other sbject i've had no time for textiles at all.

Have a look at the pinterest I linked - it's like a giant moodboard of ideas! How about something galaxy orientated - you could use phosphorescent or holographic fabrics which are both smart/technical textiles to bring up your marks! I know the feeling, don't worry I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Original post by Ajaipal
Yeah I have Geography and Textiles too. Robots and Planets seems like a good idea.
For Geography(I AM guessing that you are doing Edexceel too)what do you think that the nine marker will be? Any predictions????
Good luck! x

Aah, sorry I'm on AQA! I'm studying coastal zone, restless earth and water on the land :smile:
Have a look at the pinterest I linked - it's like a giant moodboard of ideas! How about something galaxy orientated - you could use phosphorescent or holographic fabrics which are both smart/technical textiles to bring up your marks! I know the feeling, don't worry I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

thank you so much for the idea i think i'll use it!!! thank you so mucccch, hope u get the grade u wantt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending