The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature To Kill A Mockingbird Predictions 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What did everyone think?
Reply 81
Found it all right. The analysis of Atticus was quite hard in the sense that it was hard to find lingustic techniques. Part b was quite hard. I thought it said ANOTHER mockingbird so I put Boo but it turned out you could do Tom! I rambled on about Boo and for the social context I talked about southern values and deep south...

So sad Mrs Dubose didn't come up...
For the 'To kill a Mockingbird' question for part b, where you had to describe a mockingbird. Is it bad that i chose to describe Mrs Dubose?

I dont know anyone else who did that and i am now very scared????
For the 'To kill a Mockingbird' question for part b, where you had to describe a mockingbird. Is it bad that i chose to describe Mrs Dubose?

Original post by RJG123
What did everyone think?
Original post by Chicken Sauce

dubose is not a mockingbird, shes dies out of her own will to overcome addiction so where does the logic of 'sin to kill a mockingbird' come in. you will not get 0 but you will be credited
Reply 86
I choose Boo and I didn't even revise him :frown: I basically wrote crap made up in my head and analysed Jem's description of him. I should've picked Tom or Dolphus Raymond. The extract question I didn't even analyse i don't think, i just wrote about how Atticus doesn't conform and that.
Hopefully my AIC pulls me up
Reply 87
I did Mayella.
I thought it went quite well, for the mockingbird I did Tom Robinson and talked about racism I'm Maycomb:smile:
Original post by Rachel4x
I choose Boo and I didn't even revise him :frown: I basically wrote crap made up in my head and analysed Jem's description of him. I should've picked Tom or Dolphus Raymond. The extract question I didn't even analyse i don't think, i just wrote about how Atticus doesn't conform and that.

I did the same, I was basically going on about how it was ironic and all this and it wasn't anything about the passage:s-smilie:
Original post by james1221212
dubose is not a mockingbird, shes dies out of her own will to overcome addiction so where does the logic of 'sin to kill a mockingbird' come in. you will not get 0 but you will be credited

Do you think I would get marks in part b) if I didn't talk about context? I ran out of time :frown: although I did talk about Lee's intention of writing the quote.
Original post by Samistrawberry
Do you think I would get marks in part b) if I didn't talk about context? I ran out of time :frown: although I did talk about Lee's intention of writing the quote.

You will definitely be awarded marks for part b if it adds any value to your part a. Your marks may be limited due to a lack of context but it is also marked on AO1 and AO2 :smile:
Original post by thepurplerain
You will definitely be awarded marks for part b if it adds any value to your part a. Your marks may be limited due to a lack of context but it is also marked on AO1 and AO2 :smile:

Phew thank you :smile:
Original post by RJG123
I did Mayella.

Hey! Me too! What did you talk about for her?
Reply 94
Original post by CallumGermany
Hey! Me too! What did you talk about for her?

I can liberally hardly remember her. I said how she tries to do good by looking after children and caring for them tenderly and how she is treated so badly by her father that she couldn't possibly believe anyone would treat her with respect (she thinks atticus is mocking her when he causes her miss mayella in the trial). This shows how there is good in all areas of Maycomb, even in the ewells. But also treatment of women in that they can be seen as possessions
Original post by Rachel4x

Inspector was longer than any practice essay I've written.... Did you do Birling or inequality?

Watch when year 10's come onto here near their mocks to look for tips/question guides:biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by amalick1029
Inspector was longer than any practice essay I've written.... Did you do Birling or inequality?

Watch when year 10's come onto here near their mocks to look for tips/question guides:biggrin:

It will confuse them so much cos everyone did different characters looool
[QUOTE=Chicken Sauce;55928399]For the 'To kill a Mockingbird' question for part b, where you had to describe a mockingbird. Is it bad that i chose to describe Mrs Dubose?

Don't worry I chose Mrs Dubose! She is infact a mockingbird in her own way
Reply 98
Original post by amalick1029
Inspector was longer than any practice essay I've written.... Did you do Birling or inequality?Watch when year 10's come onto here near their mocks to look for tips/question guides:biggrin:

Birling :smile: I was so happy that it came up because I had memorised an essay plan for him the day before
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending