The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Original post by noey123
according to the 2014 grade boundaries for unit 1 to get an A you need 54/72
and for unit 2 you need 50/72 any one reckon the grade boundaries would be lower this year?

I think higher for unit 1 (55) and probably 49 for unit 2
Original post by mogwai98
On the difference between conformity and obedience, would saying something like 'being influenced by group/taking direct order from authority figure' be okay?

For some reason, that question threw me a bit.

I wrote that :smile:
Obedience is to do with to a legitimate Authority figure instructing you to do something while conformity is from peers
Original post by Eleanor303
Why did Janet have low control?

Because she had to rely on whether her work colleagues meet their deadlines
Original post by Kitty201322
guys i wrote about anti-depressant anti-psychotic anti-anixiety drugs and ect please say thats rightD;

Perfect answer!!
Did you evaluate?
Original post by Anam
No the one after that one was another one to do with dealing with ethical issues. it was after the Milgram not obtaining informed consent qs.

oo apologies. can't remember it
Reply 2965
for psychological stress management I accidently said CBT instead of SIT but talked about sit, would that lose me all the marks or just 1?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I wrote that :smile:
Obedience is to do with to a legitimate Authority figure instructing you to do something while conformity is from peers

Should be fine then :smile: I actually put it in a more convoluted way but hopefully they'll still give me the marks as I did make the points about group/authority etc.
For evaluation of psychoanalysis
is talking about strengths fine? Cause i talked about bergin who found 80% benefited from the therapy + supported the working through technique and found benefits for the longer and intensive treatment was.
limitations is theoritical limitations as its based on freuds ideas so if that is flawed so must the therapy.
therapist may implant false memories into patient so is a problem suggesting patients msy actually not have repressed memories.
then said another weakness is finding out these repressed memories can cause distress and psychological harm and provoke negative reactions such as depression/suicide

Is this fine for 4 marks. Cause i think i wrote outside the box for a bit of my final points but then i did add an asterisk and add my final points at the side of the page is that kl?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2968
It was because she had high workload and low control. Additionally she had home/work role conflict.
For an advantage of correlational studies I put if it shows a strong link psychologist can conduct studies and further research can take place is this ok??
Original post by Rik21
I think higher for unit 1 (55) and probably 49 for unit 2

Unit one i think could be like (58-60)
and unit two (55-60)
do you think i can get rewarded marks for the Q on Janet about planning her daughters weddings, planning a family holiday etc, i can get any marks for saying the process of the stress. i mistakenly wrote about the HPA following the structure of a similar question in a past paper :frown:
Original post by 23ap
It was because she had high workload and low control. Additionally she had home/work role conflict.

Thats what i put then linked marmot et al and johannsons findings. Also said she was experiencing chronic stress planning the hoilday plus wedding
Original post by saran12
For evaluation of psychoanalysis
is talking about strengths fine? Cause i talked about bergin who found 80% benefited from the therapy + supported the working through technique and found benefits for the longer and intensive treatment was.
limitations is theoritical limitations as its based on freuds ideas so if that is flawed so must the therapy.
therapist may implant false memories into patient so is a problem suggesting patients msy actually not have repressed memories.
then said another weakness is finding out these repressed memories can cause distress and psychological harm and provoke negative reactions such as depression/suicide

Is this fine for 4 marks. Cause i think i wrote outside the box for a bit of my final points but then i did add an asterisk and add my final points at the side of the page is that kl?

Yeh I think its okay, I did the same for this question
Original post by fsaafe
do you think i can get rewarded marks for the q on janet about planning her daughters weddings, planning a family holiday etc, i can get any marks for saying the process of the stress. I mistakenly wrote about the hpa following the structure of a similar question in a past paper :frown:

wait i didnt read about janets holiday?!?! Where was this oh god 😐
Original post by jaynamodi
i put b but loads of people put c?

The answer to the first question was C. It asked for the most commonly reported relationship between stress and illness. The most common relationship is that stress has a negative impact on health. C was the one that showed this. It was only one mark though so dw.
Why did Janet have low control?

Her new project was reliant upon other staff meeting targets
Can someone please tell me why Janet had low control? I said she had a high workload due to the extra project and was experiencing life changes due to daughters wedding and planning holiday. I would have thought that she had a higher control because of the responsibility of this extra project at work.
Original post by billymccreith
Her new project was reliant upon other staff meeting targets

Ahh thank you! :smile:
Can someone please tell me why Janet had low control? I said she had a high workload due to the extra project and was experiencing life changes due to daughters wedding and planning holiday. I would have thought that she had a higher control because of the responsibility of this extra project at work.

She had low control because the task she had to do relied on her colleagues, so she has less control over the situation. Then relate this to Marmot's findings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending