The Student Room Group

GCSE English lit exam AQA

Who else though the exam today was horrible? Crucible and Mice&Men :frown:
Reply 1
Of Mice and Men questions were so obscure, especially part A - hated it.
For the Crucible did you do betrayal or parris
i thought betrayal was easiest because the whole book is based on it

I did purple hibiscus but it was a shambles
what did you write about the of mice and men question? i was so confused about how to answer that question..
Original post by rachelberry1
For the Crucible did you do betrayal or parris
i thought betrayal was easiest because the whole book is based on it

I did purple hibiscus but it was a shambles

I did Parris and I regret it so much. In the exam I just had to go out and calm down, I thought I was actually going to cry. That seems so extreme aha
Original post by charliex99
what did you write about the of mice and men question? i was so confused about how to answer that question..

I wrote about how the characters spoke to each other and how they always picked on the weak. But then everybody else came out of the exam and had written completely different things :/
Original post by ZahinR
Of Mice and Men questions were so obscure, especially part A - hated it.

I know! Its the second to last year of this exam structure and they pick quite a minor topic. Honestly thought it was going to be on anything apart from that.
Original post by DancerGirlA*
I did Parris and I regret it so much. In the exam I just had to go out and calm down, I thought I was actually going to cry. That seems so extreme aha

ohh yeah parris is kinda useless but you couldve said a lot!
i just did betrayal like proctor betrying elizabeth
hale betryaing himself
proctor betraying himself basically
Reply 8

Ah No! I actually would of cried if it wasn't Parris! Looking at past answers I predicted it would be him so did load of him, so was so glad when I saw he was the question. All you needed to talk about was how he was presented negatively in the narrative, was powerful but then was wakened in the end as he actually begs Elizabeth! Betrayal actually sounds very hard as there is so much to talk about!
Original post by AisC
Ah No! I actually would of cried if it wasn't Parris! Looking at past answers I predicted it would be him so did load of him, so was so glad when I saw he was the question. All you needed to talk about was how he was presented negatively in the narrative, was powerful but then was wakened in the end as he actually begs Elizabeth! Betrayal actually sounds very hard as there is so much to talk about!

Thank god, I wrote most of what you just said. Im predicted high grades so hopefully everything will be fine with poetry and controlled assessment :/
Reply 10
Same, I'm predicted A* so hopefully I managed to write what the examiner is looking for when it meant ' significance'. I did To Kill a Mockingbird also, but the passage we were given was rubbish!
When i opened up the exam and saw mr birling i rolled on the floor and thanked god i was so happy
I wrote about how the characters spoke to each other and how they always picked on the weak. But then everybody else came out of the exam and had written completely different things :/

oh okay i wrote about how it was quite accidental because lennie is so childish and doesn't understand
Original post by stopthat
When i opened up the exam and saw mr birling i rolled on the floor and thanked god i was so happy

LOL samee!
Original post by stopthat

I couldn't stop laughing (which was quite loud, but i have always hated literature, so that question made my day)
oh okay i wrote about how it was quite accidental because lennie is so childish and doesn't understand

I said that for Part B not Part A aha. Part A i said about how in the extract is said something about her life. So i said alot about that how she's finally free etc
I did Parris and talked about how he is only interested in maintaining his reputation in the village rather than the welfare of his daughter, how he is self-interested, how he defers to Putnam, and compared him to Hale in that Hale changes and wants the trials postponed for the right reasons, Parris does it out of fear for his life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes OMAM was a bit of an obscure question - hopefully they will think what we wrote was appropriate...

If i wrote about how Lennie is reliant on George and doesn't understand his own strength so it means he has to die becuase he is mentality weak so George must kill Lennie? is that right ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending