The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physical Geography (19th MAY)

Im studying restless earth, coastal zone and the living world for the exam.
What are your prediction for the upcoming questions, personally I reckon that there will be a vast majority of questions relating to earthquakes and super volcanoes, not alot about fold mountains.

Share your predictions! :smile:
Hey I am doing Coastal Zone and living world.

for geography 8mark questions for living World Poor dessert hasn't been asked since 2010 and TDW hasn't been asked since 2012. So those are more likely to come up than Rich dessert and Rainforests however this isn't guaranteed so revise every case study :biggrin:

Also for coasts Salt marsh case study hasnt come up as much as the others.

AQA legally have to ask about a topic atleast once every 3years.

That's the closest I have come to predictions
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
Hey I am doing Coastal Zone and living world.

for geography 8mark questions for living World Poor dessert hasn't been asked since 2010 and TDW hasn't been asked since 2012. So those are more likely to come up than Rich dessert and Rainforests however this isn't guaranteed so revise every case study :biggrin:

Also for coasts Salt marsh case study hasnt come up as much as the others.

AQA legally have to ask about a topic atleast once every 3years.

That's the closest I have come to predictions

aaa man personally i think coastal zone is one of the hardest parts of the exam what do u think about coastal zone ps how have you been revising for the exams
I am studying the Restless Earth, coastal zone and water on the land.

Our teacher reckons that there could be a question on super volcanoes, especially as this is quite a new topic in the syllabus - e.g. Explain what the likely worldwide effects of a super volcano eruption would be...

Also as previously mentioned a salt marshes case study question might be quite likely...keeping revising Keyhaven!
Original post by Synonym
aaa man personally i think coastal zone is one of the hardest parts of the exam what do u think about coastal zone ps how have you been revising for the exams

Yeah its hardest out of the 3 for me, especially things like mass movement and depositional land forms. My revision is going great for geography I'm nearly read to start past papers
I'm doing restless earth, ice on the land and weather.
For restless earth they always seem to ask a 6/8 mark question about the effects of an earthquake. Maybe one about how a volcano is formed?? Responses to a tsunami could be there.
Sometimes they ask questions where you have to apply your knowledge to a different case study (only worth 4 marks max, so just general info needed, really)
I'm doing Restless Earth, Water on Land and the Coastal Zone

My predictions include -
Restless Earth - Supervolcanoes (probably a four marker on the formation and the 8 marker on global effects?), or earthquakes in a rich and poor part of the world.
Water On Land - Water deficit (hasn't come up for a long time) perhaps the 8 markers on a case study about an area that shares their water with another city OR the effects of building a resvoir.
Coastal Zone - formation of landforms or coastal habitats?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CornwallFlyer
I am studying the Restless Earth, coastal zone and water on the land.

Our teacher reckons that there could be a question on super volcanoes, especially as this is quite a new topic in the syllabus - e.g. Explain what the likely worldwide effects of a super volcano eruption would be...

Also as previously mentioned a salt marshes case study question might be quite likely...keeping revising Keyhaven!

Keyhaven is the coastal habitat one, right? I'm doing studland bay.......
Im doing Living Worl, Restless Earth and Water on Land.
I've memorised a few facts from the case studies. Any tips on how to memorise more quickly?:smile:
Also 6-9 marker predictions??
I am doing Living World, Coasts and Ice on the Land, I HATE HATE ICE with all my being I just hate it that much. Living world is the easiest for me. 7 case studies to learn inside out tonight :frown:
Original post by mandersonxoxo
Im doing Living Worl, Restless Earth and Water on Land.
I've memorised a few facts from the case studies. Any tips on how to memorise more quickly?:smile:
Also 6-9 marker predictions??

basic general facts are needed for 4 marks on eight mark questions, so just remember a few case study specific to help get others, is my teachers advice. Numbers don't need to be accurate just use ballpark figures. Could try and use certain facts/case studies to link topics together (I've been able to do that with weather and ice on the land)

Restless earth might have how a volcano is formed-composite or shield. Could also include something about effects of earthquake in MEDC compared to LEDC. Always seems to be a question of responses to something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi how are you all learning your case studies and how much of them? thanks and good luck :smile:
Original post by luvlieliza
Hi how are you all learning your case studies and how much of them? thanks and good luck :smile:

i've got 10 overall (5 for restless earth, 3 for weather and 2 for ice on the land). I'm just learning the most basic details, because its more than likely going to prompt me to remember other details, so for effects i'm learning two primary/two secondary, responses i'm doing the same etc. but then for things like formations, i'm remembering key words from each part, which easily link together
Original post by kirstybecs
i've got 10 overall (5 for restless earth, 3 for weather and 2 for ice on the land). I'm just learning the most basic details, because its more than likely going to prompt me to remember other details, so for effects i'm learning two primary/two secondary, responses i'm doing the same etc. but then for things like formations, i'm remembering key words from each part, which easily link together

thank you that really helps, I guess I'll start now!
basic general facts are needed for 4 marks on eight mark questions, so just remember a few case study specific to help get others, is my teachers advice. Numbers don't need to be accurate just use ballpark figures. Could try and use certain facts/case studies to link topics together (I've been able to do that with weather and ice on the land)

Restless earth might have how a volcano is formed-composite or shield. Could also include something about effects of earthquake in MEDC compared to LEDC. Always seems to be a question of responses to something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!:smile:
Good luck to everybody sitting the geography exam this afternoon! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
does anyone have some revision notes on the keyhaven salt marshes case study would really appreciate it
Good luck everyone I'm really nervous :s-smilie:
so how did you all find it?
i didn't think it was too badly personally (if you don't count the fact i nearly had a breakdown in the geography lesson beforehand... oops)
so how did you all find it?
i didn't think it was too badly personally (if you don't count the fact i nearly had a breakdown in the geography lesson beforehand... oops)

samee, I was screwing before the exam thinking it was going to be hard as hell but it was pretty good. I feel like the examiners were generous with the questions:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest