The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Original post by katiax
If you fully explained all your outline + evaluations well then I'm guessing 10-ish? Which is so good!

I hope so, felt so pressured for time
if you get 1 fact wrong in a 12 marker do they take marks away or just ignore it?
What do you need to get in both papers to get an A overall in psychology?
Original post by kacheek
She had low control because the task she had to do relied on her colleagues, so she has less control over the situation. Then relate this to Marmot's findings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you also write about Johanson et al here with the 24 Swedish saw mill workers. I think the exam went well but this just worries me.
For the 12 marker, I spoke about drugs( anti-depressants, anti-anxiety), ECT and Psychosurgery. Then I gave 2 evaluation points for each, so 6 in total.

I don't understand why people are talking about BZ's. That's for stress management not abnormalities

Overall the exam went well :smile:
Original post by iodo345
Could you also write about Johanson et al here with the 24 Swedish saw mill workers. I think the exam went well but this just worries me.

I did this too, compared to the other 10 workers, took samples and found more of the hormone in the saw mill workers.
Original post by lucy112233
That's right, BZs are related to stress not abnormality :biggrin:

According to loopa they are for both stress and abnormality :O
Original post by mogwai98
On the difference between conformity and obedience, would saying something like 'being influenced by group/taking direct order from authority figure' be okay?

For some reason, that question threw me a bit.

I put that in obedience the authority figure has the most power whereas in conformity the all have equal power
Original post by jamix
I'm hoping my evaluation was good enough, comepletely ran out of time 😓 what did you put for the second to last question about social influence? Have a feeling I got that completely wrong aha

Yeah, I found this hard... Social influence confused me, I talked about the Suffragettes and then I talked about the snow ball effect? What did you put?

WHAT DID EVERYONE ELSE PUT FOR "SOCIAL INFLUENCE AFFECT ON SOCIAL CHANGE?" :biggrin:
Original post by iodo345
I put that in obedience the authority figure has the most power whereas in conformity the all have equal power

Ahh... that sounds good tbh. I was trying to say something like that but couldn't word it right. Might've just got one mark on that question then.
Original post by victoria1998
Yeah, I found this hard... Social influence confused me, I talked about the Suffragettes and then I talked about the snow ball effect? What did you put?

WHAT DID EVERYONE ELSE PUT FOR "SOCIAL INFLUENCE AFFECT ON SOCIAL CHANGE?" :biggrin:

I wrote about Moscovici and the slides and how the two confederates were consistent etc so eventually the snowball effect leads to participants internalising the information and therefore minority view becomes majority view, hopefully that's worth a few marks haha
Reply 3031

I wrote the suffragettes too, and about Moscovici and minority influence, hope I get at least some marks
Original post by Eleanor303
Why did Janet have low control?

Because the success of her project was dependent on other people's work so she had no control over it.
According to my teacher and text book BBs and BZs are part of both stress and abnormality, however it would have been better to use anti-psychotic and anti-depression drugs as well as ECT for the 12 marker :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattSJTS
did it not say Janet was managing the new project? So, she has both responsibility over it and high control over the project?

It said she was managing the project but it also said about her not having control of how fast her colleagues worked:smile: I related this to Frankenhaeusers study on sawmill workers, anyone else??:tongue:

I talked about minority's influencing majority so consistent, non-dogmatic, flexible and then wrote about snowball effect and how high internal locus of control can help. Then wrote about how cause for change should not be for personal benefit, also showing self sacrifice (also augmentation principle) Then put suffragettes as a example
After reading what everyone else answered I don't stand a chance of passing:ashamed2:
Original post by evekay
After reading what everyone else answered I don't stand a chance of passing:ashamed2:

I know right!!
I got confused on the last question when it said biological therapy, as I didnt think drugs was a therapy, and starting writing about bio feedback, I then realized that was for stress. Crossed it out, and ended up writing about Bzs and ECT, but only had 6 minutes :frown: Hope I get some marks..
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I talked about minority's influencing majority so consistent, non-dogmatic, flexible and then wrote about snowball effect and how high internal locus of control can help. Then wrote about how cause for change should not be for personal benefit, also showing self sacrifice (also augmentation principle) Then put suffragettes as a example

I said that minority influence are usually best at creating social change...

1) Create cause
2) Majority examine cause and may internalise
3) If internalised, majority is said to be converted
4) Once internalisation occurs, snowball effect happens as more of majority convert
5) Eventually becomes a social norm and social cryptoamnesia occurs because it is as though it was never a minority in the first place, then talked about Suffragettes...

Think this is right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending