The Student Room Group

AS Psychology Predictions: PSYA2

REVISE EVERYTHING JUST TO BE SURE!

Stress related illness and the immune system - last appeared in Jun 2011 as a 12 marker - most likely due an appearance.

Methods of stress management - Either biological or psychological. A broad question asking for either, appeared in Jan 2012 and with 4 exams since it's last appearance they may specify for one this time, prepare for both!

Approaches to psychopathology - Biological, psychodynamic and Cognitive are all possible as they have not appeared as 12 markers yet; behavioural and psychodynamic have.

Explanations of independent behaviour and how people resist pressures to conform and obey.

These should come up in one form or another, if not a 12 marker then hopefully an 8 marker; if you have prepared for them as 12 markers then changing it to an 8 marker will be easy; not all of them have enough content to be 12 markers.

If you note biological and psychological therapies for example, they have only ever shown up as 4-6 markers and will probably be the same again.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juleff
REVISE EVERYTHING JUST TO BE SURE!

Stress related illness and the immune system - last appeared in Jun 2011 as a 12 marker - most likely due an appearance.

Methods of stress management - Either biological or psychological. A broad question asking for either, appeared in Jan 2012 and with 4 exams since it's last appearance they may specify for one this time, prepare for both!

Approaches to psychopathology - Biological, psychodynamic and Cognitive are all possible as they have not appeared as 12 markers yet; behavioural and psychodynamic have.

Explanations of independent behaviour and how people resist pressures to conform and obey.

These should come up in one form or another, if not a 12 marker then hopefully an 8 marker; if you have prepared for them as 12 markers then changing it to an 8 marker will be easy; not all of them have enough content to be 12 markers.

If you note biological and psychological therapies for example, they have only ever shown up as 4-6 markers and will probably be the same again.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the psychology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=211
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I'm going to put this in the psychology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Thank you! :smile:
I'll take a look!
Reply 3
Is this loopas predictions? At least give credit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What did everyone put for the personality question. I put hardiness for the first one and the second one type B. But people are saying I'm wrong
Type a then type b
Reply 6
Type a and type b
I am so annoyed! I thought that a THERAPY was a therapy NOT a treatment (I know, I know) so I just wrote about electro convulsive therapy which Im not confident with yet could've wrote about drugs instead! Can't believe I lost my marks so easily. P.S. The paper was hard
Reply 8
Differences between conformity and obedience anyone ?
Reply 9
Hardiness is not a personality type, it's a characteristic! The answer was Type A then Type B.
Reply 10
Obedience is complying with the demands of an authority figure, whereas conformity is yielding to group pressure.
Reply 11
stupid me on the 12 marker and i think i wrote about the wrong therapy(s) anyone know how significantly this will effect my grade??

its so annoying why couldnt they say biological treatments!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Aneek56
stupid me on the 12 marker and i think i wrote about the wrong therapy(s) anyone know how significantly this will effect my grade??

its so annoying why couldnt they say biological treatments!!!!!!!!!!

Did you write drugs or ECT? it did say one or more so you could of gotten away with either one or both
Reply 13
No!! I didn't think drugs was therapy and basically mucked it up!! It's annoying because I knew about it as well!! 😨
That exam was actually quite good. The first question was the only one😂😂. What did you lot put down?
Original post by radu69lad
That exam was actually quite good. The first question was the only one😂😂. What did you lot put down?

1) C
2) shows how spread it is
Original post by Aneek56
No!! I didn't think drugs was therapy and basically mucked it up!! It's annoying because I knew about it as well!! 😨

Same! I thought theres a difference between therapy and treatments 😪
Reply 17
Original post by patricio_miguel
Same! I thought theres a difference between therapy and treatments 😪

Thank god I'm not the only one, it's soo annoying!!
Reply 18
Does anyone remember if question 13 (6 marks) was to outline the behavioural or biological approach?
Reply 19
Original post by idekfam
Does anyone remember if question 13 (6 marks) was to outline the behavioural or biological approach?

It was outline the behavioural approach

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending