The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
DAILY HASSLES FINDINGS
:s-smilie: anyone think they'll credit Miller's research into individual differences with finding pets as hassles/uplifts ?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Yeah definitely 4 marks you've elaborated on your points and named correct ethical issues

Okay thank you☺️ how did you find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noey123
ahh i hope to god

Do you know anyone else smart who put RET haha?
Caro was A
Other person B
negative effects as body's fight or flight is set off by things in environment. More stress due to characterises (hostility etc) so more hormones such as corticosteroids are released and so over time can suppress immune system and lead to stress related illness and CHD
Something along those lines

Ohh I put the other person at hardy, so is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoria1998
For the daily hassles research, I talked about Bouteyre (depression vs. daily hassles) AND Gervais (nurses and their diaries), but Bouterye first?

Will they mark both or just the first one I wrote? Because my answer on Gervais was better...

Wasn't Bouteyre a life change? The transition from school to uni?
Original post by victoria1998
How many marks was this? I only wrote about debriefing and right to withdraw WHEN debriefed, think that was enough?!?!?! :smile:

4 marks yeah I think so if you explained them☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nat100000
Ohh I put the other person at hardy, so is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No could still be correct as your comparing them right?x ) as long as you referred to the other person as well (Carol-type a)
Did ANYONE else talk about the Exhaustion stage of the Genera Adaptation Syndrome model, to explain Janet's stress? As her build up of responsibilities would lead to higher average levels of arousal, and so cause her to feel stressed. I also talked about lack of control (Marmot's study). How many marks should I expect for this Question?? thanks
No could still be correct as your comparing them right?x ) as long as you referred to the other person as well (Carol-type a)

Yeah I put Caro as type A and then in the second part I wrote about rosenman et al and kobasa☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billymccreith
Wasn't Bouteyre a life change? The transition from school to uni?

No it was a daily Hassels
French uni students transition as you said.
41% had symptoms correlating to depression :smile:
Original post by Candy_0822
For the 12 marker, I spoke about drugs( anti-depressants, anti-anxiety), ECT and Psychosurgery. Then I gave 2 evaluation points for each, so 6 in total.

I don't understand why people are talking about BZ's. That's for stress management not abnormalities

Overall the exam went well :smile:

You can use BZ's for stress management as its a physiological way of treating stress however its also a biological way of treating abnormality
Original post by nat100000
Yeah I put Caro as type A and then in the second part I wrote about rosenman et al and kobasa☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be fine :smile:
And I found the exam okay x made some stupid mistakes!
Just hoping the won't add up :frown:
Wbu? X
Original post by Lad lol
Did ANYONE else talk about the Exhaustion stage of the Genera Adaptation Syndrome model, to explain Janet's stress? As her build up of responsibilities would lead to higher average levels of arousal, and so cause her to feel stressed. I also talked about lack of control (Marmot's study). How many marks should I expect for this Question?? thanks

BUMP someone answer please i beg
Should be fine :smile:
And I found the exam okay x made some stupid mistakes!
Just hoping the won't add up :frown:
Wbu? X

Awwww I'm sure you've done fine! And i think it went quite bad because I ran out of time so I had to leave 2 of the 4 markers and then I thought the behavioural approach question said biological so I wrote about that😔x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lad lol
BUMP someone answer please i beg

No I personally didn't but it looks correct to me
Especially since you added a relevant study so if not 4/4 then 3/4
4/4 as long as you engaged with the stem :smile:
Wrote about Gervais (nurses) and Flett (social support & daily Hassels)

Yeah same, I just Gervais and his nurses study. Did you mention how uplifts counteracted daily hassels? I also included Bouteyre et al.
Reply 3076
Original post by kaistrife
What did you guys write for the daily hassles question? I completely forgot research into it.

I completely ignored this when revising and it's the only thing I didn't revise!!! Just my luck. I basically wrote about what a daily hassle was and gave an example and said how some psychologists say that they could be more detrimental than life changes (completely bullsh*tted it)
No I personally didn't but it looks correct to me
Especially since you added a relevant study so if not 4/4 then 3/4
4/4 as long as you engaged with the stem :smile:

what's the stem?? And is the GAS model on spec? Not convinced I'll be credited if not :frown:
Original post by RHobbs
Yeah same, I just Gervais and his nurses study. Did you mention how uplifts counteracted daily hassels? I also included Bouteyre et al.

Yeah :smile:
I wrote the uplifts such as compliments from supervisors and patients can mitigate for the Hassels :smile:
Didn't have time for Bouteyre:frown:(
Original post by Lad lol
what's the stem?? And is the GAS model on spec? Not convinced I'll be credited if not :frown:

Stem as in the question xx
Don't worry as long as it's real and answers the question correctly you should get a mark x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending