The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ash92:)
x

Salamunalaikum,

A kind request , would it be possible that whoever creates the OP also includes link where i input some books, videos and resources, so that the OP of the ISOC is more balanced as to the diversity of the group it represents, on condition what i post will not be inflammatory or an attack on any symbols or names or individuals of the sunni school of thought.

As i see it now, it contains the Sahaba r.a, as per the view of the sunni school.

I would like just one post, to input a link taking one to hadiths with regards to the Tawheed of Allah swt, as per the school of Muhammed wa ale Muhammed a.s
Salaam all

Hope you're well :smile:

Reminder

Today’s topic is about something that we do every day, something we hear everyday, see others do everyday…..and we do not think much about it….yet it is something VERY, VERY GRAVE. It is when we swear or take an oath on other than Allaah. Swearing on ANYTHING, OR ANYONE other than Allah, is an extremely serious matter and is considered SHIRK, even if the person swearing is telling the truth. The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Whoever swears by anything other than Allaah is guilty of kufr or shirk.” (Saheeh, narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi).
what's worse in islam?

zina or engaging in acts of homosexuality? or are they the same?
Reply 9883
Original post by katbob
what's worse in islam?

Similar levels, as far as I'm aware, but I would need to look it up; under certain circumastances they can both earn the same punishment (execution)
Original post by Mary562
Salaam all

Hope you're well :smile:

Reminder

Today’s topic is about something that we do every day, something we hear everyday, see others do everyday…..and we do not think much about it….yet it is something VERY, VERY GRAVE. It is when we swear or take an oath on other than Allaah. Swearing on ANYTHING, OR ANYONE other than Allah, is an extremely serious matter and is considered SHIRK, even if the person swearing is telling the truth. The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Whoever swears by anything other than Allaah is guilty of kufr or shirk.” (Saheeh, narrated by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi).

Yeah, when like people say "i swear on my mum's life"... That is shirk and they dont even know it :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam guys
I would please like you to make dua for me for my upcoming exams this week, especially biology, I just feel like I'm not ready, jaza'kallah so much! I totally highly appreciate it!
️inshallah everything goes fine :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruh
Similar levels, as far as I'm aware, but I would need to look it up; under certain circumastances they can both earn the same punishment (execution)

As far as I'm aware if 2 unmarried individuals commit adultery the punishment is only 100 lashes? what's the punishment for 2 men or 2 women who engage in homosexual acts?
Original post by katbob
what's worse in islam?

I think both are equally the same and it's a stupid question - no offence.
Both are disgusting and haraam acts.
Original post by Mary562
I think both are equally the same and it's a stupid question - no offence.
Both are disgusting and haraam acts.

well thanks for your opinion it's much appreciated, but sister it's not what you think it's what you can prove my quran and hadith, I'm just asking if engaging in homosexual acts is greater sin than committing adultery,

the reason I'm asking this question is I've heard that masturbating is Haram but if a guy cannot control himself and thinks he might end up raping a girl it is advised that he commits the lesser of the 2 evils and just masturbating to relieve himself.

back home in my country and many Islamic countries there is a serious issue of men engaging in homosexual acts, now this is a major sin if commiting adultery is lesser of the 2 evils then would it be advised for a guy to commit adultery instead of engaging in these actions of homosexuality?

of course completely avoiding the sin is what most will say but there is only so much a guy can control himself/masturbate ect
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9889
Original post by katbob
As far as I'm aware if 2 unmarried individuals commit adultery the punishment is only 100 lashes? what's the punishment for 2 men or 2 women who engage in homosexual acts?

Indeed, two unmarried people who fornicate publically will be lashed 100 times, and two males who participate in sodomy publically will be stoned, but I'm guessing women who publically perform sexual acts will probably be lashed
Original post by katbob
well thanks for your opinion it's much appreciated, but sister it's not what you think it's what you can prove my quran and hadith, I'm just asking if engaging in homosexual acts is greater sin than committing adultery,

the reason I'm asking this question is I've heard that masturbating is Haram but if a guy cannot control himself and thinks he might end up raping a girl it is advised that he commits the lesser of the 2 evils and just masturbating to relieve himself.

back home in my country and many Islamic countries there is a serious issue of men engaging in homosexual acts, now this is a major sin if commiting adultery is lesser of the 2 evils then would it be advised for a guy to commit adultery instead of engaging in these actions of homosexuality?

of course completely avoiding the sin is what most will say but there is only so much a guy can control himself/masturbate ect

You should get in contact with a local imam or something regarding this and maybe others will reply.

What I'd like to add is that Allah wouldn't prescribe something as haraam if it was a natural part of someone's physical makeup. For e.g., all people are made to have a sexual urge as a part of the process of procreation and Allah The Creator has prescribed marriage as the acceptable way to indulge in that urge. If you're having so called urges - it's because "you men were created weak".

Since homosexuality is not in that category and has been made haraam at all times, it is not a natural state i.e. Allah did not make anyone homosexual at birth. No one is ever born a homosexual and therefore the question is based on a false premise.
Original post by Mary562
You should get in contact with a local imam or something regarding this and maybe others will reply.

What I'd like to add is that Allah wouldn't prescribe something as haraam if it was a natural part of someone's physical makeup. For e.g., all people are made to have a sexual urge as a part of the process of procreation and Allah The Creator has prescribed marriage as the acceptable way to indulge in that urge. If you're having so called urges - it's because "you men were created weak".

Since homosexuality is not in that category and has been made haraam at all times, it is not a natural state i.e. Allah did not make anyone homosexual at birth. No one is ever born a homosexual and therefore the question is based on a false premise.

Mate I'm not desperate. and yeh im really going to go to my imam and say that he will think im desperate and probably advise me to get married. what I'm asking is on a general basis. What? you are not making any sense to me, I asked the question if homosexuality a greater sin that commiting adultery now if your gonna do 360 no scopes around the round about and not answer the questions don't quote me.

this is not a debate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by katbob

I'm not your mate.

Good for you

Also, you're gender needs changing btw.

I have.
Original post by GeorgeTownsend
Oh my god! she said "we men were created as weak".:lol:

That made me laugh.

You should go read the Qur'aan.
That'll make a change to your life as well since you're not so sure about it.
Original post by Mary562
I'm not your mate.

Good for you

I have.

ok chum

no thanks buddy

and no you didn't my friend

have a nice day.
Original post by Mary562
I'm not your mate.

Good for you

I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not weak :erm:::unimpressed:.
Original post by GeorgeTownsend
Oh my god! she said "we men were created as weak".:lol:

That made me laugh.

she forgot to mention a women is made out of a man's weak rib
Original post by Ruh
Indeed, two unmarried people who fornicate publically will be lashed 100 times, and two males who participate in sodomy publically will be stoned, but I'm guessing women who publically perform sexual acts will probably be lashed

thanks for answering the question :smile: can someone be forgiven for engaging in sodomy?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not weak :erm:::unimpressed:.

You should say that to your Lord :yes:

Original post by katbob
she forgot to mention a women is made out of a man's weak rib

:congrats:feeling happy?
Original post by Mary562
You should say that to your Lord :yes:

:congrats:feeling happy?

I'm always happy alhamdulillah may Allah always keep you happy too :biggrin: