The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I wrote for what a scattergram shows the 2 variables does this get me a mark

For ethical issues i wrote that the person needs knowledge that they are in research so if consent isnt given then this makes the person unaware which is why it is an ethical issue does this get me 2 marks
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Yeah :smile:
I wrote the uplifts such as compliments from supervisors and patients can mitigate for the Hassels :smile:
Didn't have time for Bouteyre:frown:(

Sure thats fine, probably didn't need two studies as I think it was 4 marks.
This was my best exam yet. It was muuccchh easier than the first paper. Absolutely loved it:redface: *cries*
Original post by RHobbs
Sure thats fine, probably didn't need two studies as I think it was 4 marks.

I wrote about Kanner which found hassle scale was a more predicitor of stress such as anxiety, depression etc also accumulation effect of Ruffin where he found that daily hassles are more stressful as they are frequent persistent which build upto to become more stressful while major life events are infrequent

Would this give me 4 marks or not
Original post by K3lvin
I wrote for what a scattergram shows the 2 variables does this get me a mark

For ethical issues i wrote that the person needs knowledge that they are in research so if consent isnt given then this makes the person unaware which is why it is an ethical issue does this get me 2 marks

it shows the 2 variables what?
I accidentally wrote "home-work interphase" and not "home-work interface" for the workplace stress question. Do you think i will get the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 12 marker i talked about anti psycotoic drugs, anti depressants as well as BZs and beta blockers
i then evaluated this fully with like 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
such as the WHO found anti-pscyotic were superior to placebos proving its effectiveness
drugs only treat symptoms of abnormality not causes so ineffective in long term so psychoanalysis is better in long term
Side effects of BZs cognitive impairment

Then outlined ect
then evaluated this fully again. Such as strengths like comer found 60-70% had significant improvements after using ect.
sachiem found high relapse rates. Etc
doh report found 30% reported psychological side effects thus another weakness of ect.
can i possibly get 12 marks ?
Original post by studentwiz
it shows the 2 variables what?

the 2 variables present does it get me a mark
Which were the 'discuss' questions?
For the question on Janet did anyone write about role conflict? Like trying to balance a home life eg. Planning daughters wedding and worklife put great stress on her and this is supported by a studio done by Horensey? Hornsey? (Can't remember what I wrote in the exam and I deffo can't remember it now but it exists) and he found those who said they had role conflict had higher stress levels.. Completely missed the fact that it was on about workload and control :frown: do you think I'll get ANY marks at all??:s-smilie:
Original post by Elliemoore97
Which were the 'discuss' questions?

Discuss biological treatments for abnormality
Guys will I get full marks for the 4 marker on daily hassles if I just put the names of the researchers and their findings only and no aim, procedure or conclusion? I did findings from 4 different studies - 2 by delongis, 1 by kanner and 1 by gervais? but not the rest of the details were as my friends did, did anyone else?
Also for how psychologists deal with ethical issues, I just put a list but did not elaborate on any point or give examples. I just wrote prior general consent, debrief, make them aware of their right to withdraw, ensure they don't cause any psychological harm etc. will I still get the marks or not?
Finally, for SIT I wrote about all 3 phases in good detail but did not use an example as a whole, will this be a problem?
thanks me lovelies :smile:
Did anyone else learn about Kanner or Delongis et al for daily hassles? Everyone seemed to know Gervais but I've never been taught that :s-smilie:
Also, if I put both anti-depressants (MAOI's and SSRI's) and anti-psychotics but forgot to put ECT for the essay, could I still get full marks for outline because I wrote quite a lot of detail for each.
Reply 3093
Guys for the social change qs I wrote about the snowball effect in alot of detail then wrote results and conclusion of Moscovicis study was that what you were meant to do? Thanks :smile:
Original post by marsbar135
Guys will I get full marks for the 4 marker on daily hassles if I just put the names of the researchers and their findings only and no aim, procedure or conclusion? I did findings from 4 different studies - 2 by delongis, 1 by kanner and 1 by gervais? but not the rest of the details were as my friends did, did anyone else?
Also for how psychologists deal with ethical issues, I just put a list but did not elaborate on any point or give examples. I just wrote prior general consent, debrief, make them aware of their right to withdraw, ensure they don't cause any psychological harm etc. will I still get the marks or not?
Finally, for SIT I wrote about all 3 phases in good detail but did not use an example as a whole, will this be a problem?
thanks me lovelies :smile:

Yes for the daily hassles one because the question only referred to 'findings'! :smile:
I think your answer for the ethical issues sounds good, I put that kind of thing as well.
What do you mean for an example as a whole for SIT?
Did we need to include research in the 12-marker?
Did you have to describe drugs for A01 in the 12 markers or could you just do ECT?
For the 12 marker i talked about anti psycotoic drugs, anti depressants as well as BZs and beta blockers
i then evaluated this fully with like 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
such as the WHO found anti-pscyotic were superior to placebos proving its effectiveness
drugs only treat symptoms of abnormality not causes so ineffective in long term so psychoanalysis is better in long term
Side effects of BZs cognitive impairment

Then outlined ect
then evaluated this fully again. Such as strengths like comer found 60-70% had significant improvements after using ect.
sachiem found high relapse rates. Etc
doh report found 30% reported psychological side effects thus another weakness of ect.
can i possibly get 12 marks ?

Thanks guys 😀
Original post by K3lvin
the 2 variables present does it get me a mark

no, you had to say a benefit of using scattergraphs
Original post by Whilerisleeps
For the question on Janet did anyone write about role conflict? Like trying to balance a home life eg. Planning daughters wedding and worklife put great stress on her and this is supported by a studio done by Horensey? Hornsey? (Can't remember what I wrote in the exam and I deffo can't remember it now but it exists) and he found those who said they had role conflict had higher stress levels.. Completely missed the fact that it was on about workload and control :frown: do you think I'll get ANY marks at all??:s-smilie:

...anyone??

Quick Reply