The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColorMiKiki
All things are possible. LOL

Yes but hopefully this year grade boundaries are even lower!!
for AIC Mr Birling - talked about the irony at beginning, his refusal to accept responsiblity and towards the end where he says "we've been had".
OMAM - part A I did not like as the passage was not the best, part B - death of candy's dog, curley's wife towards crooks (lynching threat), and the fight between Lenny and curley - the idea that disabled people were picked on - eventually went on to talk about how Steinbeck could be trying to say that the depression had cost people their humanity etc etc.

Basically talked a lot of S***
Original post by theD0N
did anyone talk about how women were treated in 1930s America for Of mice and men question on Curleys wife Death?:s-smilie:

I put that as context for part B
Original post by theD0N
did anyone talk about how women were treated in 1930s America for Of mice and men question on Curleys wife Death?:s-smilie:

No context needed in that part. You get 0 marks for it. Context is only needed in part b soz ;(
Original post by VishyTaylor
I put that as context for part B

how about part a what context did you write about?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
No context needed in that part. You get 0 marks for it. Context is only needed in part b soz ;(

ummm no thats wrong, if the context relates to your answer then its fine
Original post by theD0N
ummm no thats wrong, if the context relates to your answer then its fine

Nope, the mark scheme begs to differ and it clearly says 0 marks awarded for context in part a. Furthermore my teacher has confirmed this. I am not telling you this out of hearsay lol. Its literally embedded in the mark scheme. Context for part a=0 marks. This doesn't mean you will get 0/15 for section a, but it does mean that your references to context do not add any extra marks.
Reply 707
Original post by armadillo1234
our invigilator told us that drafts don't get marked, but they do make things a bit easier for the examiner since they can vaguely tell whether your essay will be any good or not, so you should be fine :smile:

Okay omg I was just worried because I wrote it in my answer book but thank you!
Reply 708
Original post by iamlucy
Don't beat yourself up - i'm surprised you even had time! I'm sure they'll read through and be like "eh?" and then realise it was planning - you've aid the same thing as you planned, but later on and in more detail! Don't worry! Then certainly won't deduct marks.

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better haha🙊
Nope, the mark scheme begs to differ and it clearly says 0 marks awarded for context in part a. Furthermore my teacher has confirmed this. I am not telling you this out of hearsay lol. Its literally embedded in the mark scheme. Context for part a=0 marks. This doesn't mean you will get 0/15 for section a, but it does mean that your references to context do not add any extra marks.

We were told to write out part a and part b together , so if this is the case then I guess they will have to use both mark schemes in conjunction so they would include context in that case , right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Humzaawan123
We were told to write out part a and part b together , so if this is the case then I guess they will have to use both mark schemes in conjunction so they would include context in that case , right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, probably.
Original post by room.25
I'm not ****ting myself. I've studied all the poems, in all the clusters, and I am going to pick the hardest question as I need something challenging. GCSE level just Isn't challenging at all for me, however I think this is because I go to a private school and you must obviously go to a public. Don't worry though, you're not expected to go as far in life as I am.

I'm not quite sure which private school you've been to, but it can't have been very good as they clearly haven't taught you basic manners.
With that kind of attitude you won't get anywhere.
Treat others with respect and love if you wish for others to give it back.
Hope you have a wonderful day :smile:

By the way I come from a middle class family and go to a grammar school, so please don't use your ridiculous 'I'm posh and go to a private school therefore I'm better', as it's a little pathetic in all honesty.

can you please show the mark scheme of a past paper which says what you say, i need the evidence because as far as i'm concerned, You can talk about context in part a and in the mark scheme it doesn't say anything about on writing context in part b :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone taking the AQA Drama exam or Edexcel Geography exam tomorrow?
Original post by BitofAFangirl
Is anyone taking the AQA Drama exam or Edexcel Geography exam tomorrow?

im doing edexcel geography; hard though :frown:
Original post by theD0N
im doing edexcel geography; hard though :frown:

Going through every past paper, this shall be fun night.
I always seem to make such silly mistakes.
What was the question about Mr Birling?
It was like Arthur Birling describes himself as 'hard-headed.... business man'
How does JBP show this and other views of him in AIC?
It was like Arthur Birling describes himself as 'hard-headed.... business man'
How does JBP show this and other views of him in AIC?
In our school our teachers predicted that Arthur Birling would pop up in the paper this year. I was so glad that he did. Anyone else feel that it's weird that we analysed books, studied characters and wrote endless essays, all for this one grade. This one grade that is based on how much of that preparation we implement within an hour and a half exam.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending