The Student Room Group

AQA iGCSE English Literature - How did the exam go?

How did everyone find the exam? I did 'A Doll's House' for the exam.
Hi, I thought the exam went very well until the end. I did A View from the Bridge and the questions were challenging, but allowed for a good response.
My only issue is that I didn't have enough time to complete the exam :s-smilie: so i finished without a conclusion for my second essay. Do you think this will be a major problem?
I felt the poem was quite interesting compared to previous years, what do you think?
I did "An Inspector Calls" and the question was easy on inequality but kinda just mumbled for a bit don't think I did a good job at all. For the second question I did "To Kill a Mockingbird" based on how Atticus is presented and about how a mockingbird is presented. Kept on thinking of the hunger games all the way through and had to keep crossing out mocking-jay. But at least that is done onto the poetry now woop.
Reply 3
I did "My Grandmother" which didn't seem too bad if comparing with last years one. I also did "A Doll's House" and boy was that question on Dr Rank a god send, my teacher has been going on and on about him after predicting he may come up. There was one major problem, i may not have numbered the question in the answer. Does that mean i get no marks?
Original post by raj1304
I did "My Grandmother" which didn't seem too bad if comparing with last years one. I also did "A Doll's House" and boy was that question on Dr Rank a god send, my teacher has been going on and on about him after predicting he may come up. There was one major problem, i may not have numbered the question in the answer. Does that mean i get no marks?

I'm sure they can't do that...either way you can't worry about it I guess. I also did that poem...for some reason I had such a block though, I'm kicking myself because literature is my best subject. I guess I should take my own advice.
(edited 8 years ago)
I did 'The Important Of Being Earnest' and 'Of Mice And Men'
TIOBE was quite a solid question but I just went through the working class characters:/
Miss Prism
Dr.Chasuble
Lane

OMAM was slightly easier but still a hard character: Curley, I wrote more about his wife than him and his relationship with her.
He intimidates/is a bully
He keeps his hand soft for his wife for intimacy but also to hit his wife? So that it leaves no marks
She is portrayed as a possession of Curley's because she is given no name

Does anybody have any good ways to revise all 16 poems by Friday?
Reply 6
Original post by sophiathefirst
I did 'The Important Of Being Earnest' and 'Of Mice And Men'
TIOBE was quite a solid question but I just went through the working class characters:/
Miss Prism
Dr.Chasuble
Lane

OMAM was slightly easier but still a hard character: Curley, I wrote more about his wife than him and his relationship with her.
He intimidates/is a bully
He keeps his hand soft for his wife for intimacy but also to hit his wife? So that it leaves no marks
She is portrayed as a possession of Curley's because she is given no name

Does anybody have any good ways to revise all 16 poems by Friday?

I do iGCSE AQA English Literature. We only do 1 exam and coursework. We don't do Of Mice and Men. We do a completely different set of books. Although, for the coursework, Of Mice and Men and Death of a Salesman was chosen.
Reply 7
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem?
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem? higher?
Original post by Mackenzie.wells
Hi, I thought the exam went very well until the end. I did A View from the Bridge and the questions were challenging, but allowed for a good response.
My only issue is that I didn't have enough time to complete the exam :s-smilie: so i finished without a conclusion for my second essay. Do you think this will be a major problem?
I felt the poem was quite interesting compared to previous years, what do you think?

bro what was ur questions
what was the question for view from the bridge??
Does anyone remember the question for romeo and juliet and/or the unseen poem?
Original post by UnknownUs3r
what was the question for view from the bridge??

How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?
Original post by mxlyun
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem?

Unseen Poetry was Lady and Fox
AVftB was How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?
Original post by stacey_stacey
Hi, does anyone remember the questions that came up, especially for A View From the Bridge and the unseen poem? higher?

The unseen poem was Lady and Fox, and the question was 'What are the narrators feelings for the fox and how does the poet convey this?'

The AVFB questions were 'How are women presented in AVFB?" and then for the other one, there was a passage from the end and the question was 'How did you respond to the ending?' or something like that. Not entirely sure of the wording for the second one as I did the woman one cus it was a god send 😂
Reply 15
Original post by Kumail2625
Unseen Poetry was Lady and Fox
AVftB was How are women presented in A View from the Bridge?

Thanks man
Damn you procrastinate when you don't have a phone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending