The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Yeah their unseen poetry is harsh in my opinion and the wording of questions sometimes is seen as confusing.
But this exam paper is better compared to old ones i.e past papers.

Yeah but yesterday I done a past paper, I think it was the one from 2012 and the poems were actually good. It was easy to understand. It was the poems about that talks about the babies' death. I actually wished that it came up in our exam.
Original post by gcses2015
Hope the questions are easy on Friday. I couldn't even revise English today because I have Geography tomorrow! :frown: Which books are you doing on Friday?

Same! What geography do you have? I've got AQA b.
Original post by electrahearts
same! we got a practice exam question, I think it was poems about the homeless/outcasts from society and I just got it and could interpret everything, but this just left me blank! Hopefully we both get a really nice examiner haha :smile:

Yeah it was exacly that one! And I've done one which was said to be 'the hardest it could get', although that was not true...
AIC and Heroes.
AIC I am hoping for Sheila since she hasn't come up yet and Heroes perhaps a theme based question on forgiveness or war. :smile:

I don't think war will come up because on the specimen paper the question was about the lasting effects of war :frown:
Original post by averageteen16
Same! What geography do you have? I've got AQA b.

I am doing Edexcel B. It is absolutely horrible. There is so much information. :frown: Is your exam in the afternoon?
I am doing Edexcel B. It is absolutely horrible. There is so much information. :frown: Is your exam in the afternoon?

Yeah I've got a 1:30 start, you?
Original post by Sonia101
Anyone else notice they didn't give us the bullet points for unseen poetry..?

Yes I did! I was wondering where are the bullet points. They did this for the first time.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I noticed that, luckily I never planned to use them anyways
Please can you msg me all your notes on themes and characters of Heroes, I will be very greatful! Firstly by giving you reps and thanking you for saving my grade! :smile:

I honestly would but I've only done my AIC quotes and stuff. But I feel your desperation but honestly if you make your quotes and notes, it will stick 100 times better than if I was to give you my notes. Good luck though!
I don't think war will come up because on the specimen paper the question was about the lasting effects of war :frown:

I cry, then forgiveness is the next best thing I guess, or maybe francis. :frown:
Original post by kennethdcharles
what did you say about candy? I spoke about him being nice even though he's a physical wreck, how hes so low on the hierarchy as eve curleys wife insults him, how hes prepared to offer everything for the dream, how bitter he becomes after the dream and the cycle he represents( he starts off calling curleys wife a tart and ends in the same way, suggesting lifenon the ranch is a cycle, no escape)

That is basically what I wrote. I wrote how he presents discrimination in society e.g. how he dises Curley's Wife, even after her death. I also wrote about the importance of friendship. But other than that I wrote the same as you
Yeah I've got a 1:30 start, you?

Yeah same it's at 1:30 and it finishes at 3. I dont know why but I am not really nervous for geography. What did you get in your controlled assessment?
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
I honestly would but I've only done my AIC quotes and stuff. But I feel your desperation but honestly if you make your quotes and notes, it will stick 100 times better than if I was to give you my notes. Good luck though!

Ah it's good, I am sure with some try'-hard revision and memorising, we can pull of an awesome grade! :smile:
Yes I did! I was wondering where are the bullet points. They did this for the first time.

At first I thought they did it by accident like a printing error, but then half way through I thought maybe they wanted us to answer it differently..?
Original post by jxssamy
That's reassuring because I didn't put anything about context in the extract

Yeah don't worry, me neither
Yeah same it's at 1:30 and it finishes at 3. I dont know why but I am not really nervous for geography. What did you get in your controlled assessment?

Yeah me too strangely, i'm worried sick that exam is just going to ask really crappy questions on stuff I have no recollection on. My CA was an A* which is 25% which should hopefully boost my grade a little. How's yours?
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
That is basically what I wrote. I wrote how he presents discrimination in society e.g. how he dises Curley's Wife, even after her death. I also wrote about the importance of friendship. But other than that I wrote the same as you

The part about him dissing curleys wife, i wrote that in the part where i said he became bitter after the end of the dream. What dobyou think you got in that part?
Original post by manningA15
Wait... does this mean... I have found another Alice? :tongue:
I think we'll get an essay Q on Marcus maybe

It does indeed! Yeah, Marcus or Will I think as Fiona came up in recent years.
exact same feelings about everything. Spot on

Although I think this would be more appropriate when discussing feeling and thoughts on the paper: **** it **** **** **** and **** **** there was **** **** and took **** **** put in a bit of **** **** **** **** **** in **** **** **** to **** **** ****
Ah it's good, I am sure with some try'-hard revision and memorising, we can pull of an awesome grade! :smile:

Hell yeah! We can do it. We can defeat wjec:banana::bl::danceboy::doctor:

Quick Reply

Latest