The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I put C
hardiness training will be fine; its a psychological method of dealing with stress and that's what it asked for. don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YouAgain
Yeah they deffo recycle it. I noticed the questions on the middle section ( can't specifically point out which exact questions where they) but they were literally the exact same questions as the past papers in 2012 I think it was ? And a few were just worded differently... Like the normative and informational influence definition came up a few years ago as well... I noticed it straight away because I literally just done all the past papers this morning before the test lol so it was fresh in my mind

Hhahaha see this is why revising Psych takes a day :biggrin:
Original post by wbenmore
I think that's a biological therapy

No....no...no.... :O How many marks was that question worth!?
That paper.. I could not comment whether it was easy or hard. Some questions were pretty straight forward but some I struggled with, but did manage to answer everything just to fill in the gaps so made up some answers..like the evaluation points for the psychoanalysis. It was so silly of me to think that personality will not come up so didn't even had a look through it so lost those 2 marks about identifying whther its Type A or Type B! OH and agghh, most explanations that I have actually learnt didn't come up and also the studies such as the one using the nasal spray and salt solution!

I've got few questions to make me feel confident of my answers or if I answered it wrong please do reply or comment! (if you can mark my answer then that will be great!)
Ok soo.
1. On the question about outlining the findings about the research in daily hassles worth 4 marks I think.. I've put the they have found a significant correlation between the hassle scores and illness. And thay they didn't find a relationship between uplifts score and illness.

2. On the workplace stress question (4), when they said that you had to refer to psychological research, I didn't really know how I should refer to it.. so I just based it on the context of the question.. I've put the fact that she had a lack of control over her success of the project since it depended on its colleagues. Also, the fact that she had to plan her family holiday and her daughter's wedding show that she had too much workload and so triggers stress.

3. (4)Also, on the question about who between the 2 person will expererience the negative effects of stress.. I've put the first person since he is being negative and that if he fails he will be very angry to himself and that he is too confident and feels that he is better than a lot of people in his class so will not revise ( I didn't revise personality so I've just written my own judgment!)

4. (2) The question about one difference between conformity and obedience, I've put that Conformity is when nobody tells you what to do but your behaviour changes anyway. Whilst obedience is when a person who's in authority tells you what to do and changes your behaviour.

5. The one about social change really challenged my thinking so I've put this instead: It tells us that the minority group can influence the majority's view. For example, when setting up a campaign about recycling and being 'green' and telling the majority group that by doing this will help save the environment and will have a positive impact. And so the majority will gradually go into the minority group until the minority have become a majority group. (Is this right??? cant remember the marks, 4 or 6 marks I think??)

6. Limitation of deviation of ideal mental health (2) : Ive put.. "It is not clear how many of these ideal mental health characteristics need to be lacking in order to be considered abnormal"

7. Oh and this NOT REALLY PREPARED FOR THIS ONE..the 12 marker.. this will be (6+6) right? So ive put for Outline: Drug therapy is used to get rid of the symptoms of the disorder/abnormal behaviour. Such drugs include Anti-anxiety drugs - Benzodiazepines are used as a calming effect (GABA) and reduces the amount of serotonin in the brain which is known to increase anxiety If there's too much of it. Anti-psychotic drugs - used to treat disorders such as schizophrenic (yes its very detailed lol!) .. Anti-depressant - drug used to increase levels of serotonin in the brain. (and that's all ive put of AO1) :/
As for AO2 ive put quite a lot but small bits and pieces such as: + IT is quick and easy to take, -people may find it difficult to come off it if they have relied on it for quite a long time, -does not actually get rid of the disorder itself, -only gets rid of the symptoms, -side effects such as drowsiness so may be dangerous to drive, -symptoms may come back if medication stops. (how many marks for AO2 would tha tbe worth??)

8.Also, what did you guys put about what the scatergraph also tells us? I've put 'we can see how little/a lot of stress we experience affect our health' (referring to the graph, but pretty sure I got this wrong! quite a vague question I think!)

9. The question where it's worth 4 marks on how to deal with ethics? I've put confidentiality, right to withraw, and debriefing..is this right?

10. On the normative and informational influence worth 3 marks each, ive put: Normative is when people wanted to be liked and accepted in the group. This leads to compliance. For example, when you say you liked the film even though you hated it because you wanted to fit in. Informational influence is when you feel the need to be right so you look onto others who we think are right. This leads into internalization. For example, changing religion because we agree about their view.

Funny how there are research methods in the PSYa2 paper.. wasn't really aware about that :/ I thought they'd only come up in the unit 1 paper. THANKS GUYS! RESPONSE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. REALLY WANTED TO GET A HIGH GRADE ON THIS AS THIS IS A RESIT ..DOING A2 THE WEEK AFTER NEXT! NEED 300 UCAS PTS FOR UNIVERSITY SO GETTING REALLY NERVOUS.. EASIER TO GET A HIGHER GRADE IN AS THAN IT IS IN A2!..
Does biofeed back count as a psychological treatment? :/
Original post by Troytheboy
Does biofeed back count as a psychological treatment? :/

Only four marks I believe. Biofeedback is a physiological therapy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wbenmore
Only four marks I believe. Biofeedback is a physiological therapy.

..... that can be the difference between a whole grade. fml
well i guess thats the end of this forum. Goodbye guys, thanks and good luck :smile:
Wasnt janet experiencing chronic (ongoing) stress such as the wedding and hoilday as well has high workload and low job control.
I put Kieran as internal locus of control and Zach for internal locus of control. I also said that Kieran was the one who was unlikely to conform because he shows independent behaviour? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhiannaf
I put Kieran as internal locus of control and Zach for internal locus of control. I also said that Kieran was the one who was unlikely to conform because he shows independent behaviour? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean Zach for external locus of control?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saran12
Wasnt janet experiencing chronic (ongoing) stress such as the wedding and hoilday as well has high workload and low job control.

She was suffering from high workload

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
You mean Zach for external locus of control?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
She was suffering from high workload

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but the wedding and hoilday were ongoing stress as well i believe. Yes she was suffering from high workload as well as low job control. Linked to marmot et al and johannsons findings
unofficial mark scheme please?
Original post by amylhensman
unofficial mark scheme please?

Is there an unofficial mark scheme for unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Troytheboy
Uhhh -.- well I finished half an hour early so that's a good sign but I don't want to jinx myself. I'm like Tommy I have external locus of control hahah. How about you?

Lol oh! Was it Tommy or Zach that had the internal locus of control
I wrote Tommy as well :3 (for the 1 marker)

Thought it was okay :3 didn't run out of time
Just made silly mistakes :frown:
SHIZZERZ I did not write about how normative and social influence may lead to compliance and internalisation for the definition :frown:
Original post by Lad lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but if you'r wrong I'll commit an arson attack on AQA Headquarters. You've all been warned.

lol i'll join
attack on OCR B salter as well while we're on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending