The Student Room Group

How to know if a friend likes me and ask her out?

Hi,

i've known this girl for 8 months and become good friends. Just over a month ago i started liking her and we started talking more. Sometimes i think she's interested in me and we end up being so close that our bodies are rubbing against each other and yesterday she kept touching and rubbing my hand for ages because it was cold but at the same time she calls me bro all the time and i'm 99% sure that she might like this other guy.

I want to know if there are any good ways to tell if she's interested and how i can tell her i like her without ruining the cool friendship we have and making it awkward. (we're both quite shy and i've never asked out a girl before)
I think if you subtly ask her who she likes (not as a convo starter) and if she repels to answer she clearly likes you. -Cuz if you're good friends she would tell you but if she liked you she wouldn't tell you.
And dw, I get called bro all the time, I say "ouch, #brozoned" and she'll prob reply like oh no you're not.
Original post by Anonymous
I think if you subtly ask her who she likes (not as a convo starter) and if she repels to answer she clearly likes you. -Cuz if you're good friends she would tell you but if she liked you she wouldn't tell you.
And dw, I get called bro all the time, I say "ouch, #brozoned" and she'll prob reply like oh no you're not.

This guy's answer basically. He's right on both counts.
Original post by godivaontherocks
This guy's answer basically. He's right on both counts.

Lol I'm glad I'm on the right path even though I've not had a gf - thank you for the appreciation (the anonymous comment was by me btw)
Original post by Normal.Person
Lol I'm glad I'm on the right path even though I've not had a gf - thank you for the appreciation (the anonymous comment was by me btw)

You're welcome hun. And yes, I agree with your answer. It seems like the most tactful approach and will probably give the best result.
Original post by godivaontherocks
You're welcome hun. And yes, I agree with your answer. It seems like the most tactful approach and will probably give the best result.

Then again, being straight up is also the best option :P
I, literally, see no problem in going up to someone and saying - Hey, I like your face. Tis just being upfront and to the point :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending