The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Lizcookk
Yes but with the y- axis saying changes in volume of right posterior, with -8 that is a decrease so how can it be positive correlation if some of the results were showing the volume decreased to me that makes no sense! 😕

Because if the majority of the plots on the graph display positive correlation, i.e. both variables increase, then the graph still has overall positive correlation; that's why a line of best fit is drawn, as the upwards direction is the best fit for the direction of data.

Remember, correlation just means general relationship/trend/pattern. The data entries that weren't in line with the line of best fit are simply anomalies, and should not be taken into account when observing the overall trend.
Original post by Kiytt
60%, which isn't too bad.

I seriously wouldn't beat yourself up over that; I began writing about the same thing, until I realised it said model and not victim. Even then, the wording of the question being "Outline two of..." confused me into thinking there must be more than two conditions, which there is for the victim, but there is only two conditions for the model (early and late).

Expect a lot of people to have tripped up on that one; OCR's fault.

There's 4 model conditions... Critical early, critical late, adjacent early and adjacent late...
Original post by Lizcookk
Yes but with the y- axis saying changes in volume of right posterior, with -8 that is a decrease so how can it be positive correlation if some of the results were showing the volume decreased to me that makes no sense! 😕

Even if it was -8 (I can't remember so I'll take your word for it!) it would still be a positive correlation, even though it's a negative number, the line of best fit is up and to the right, showing a positive correlation. Bare in mind, there will probably be some data that does not exactly fit the line of best fit! -8 to +8 is an increase of 16 :smile:
Original post by fugeefari
Yh im soo disapointed in myself. Sigggghhhhhh. Do you think any marks will be given?

I hope so, but I really doubt it. The mark
schemes are quite harsh. Ughhhhh:frown:
Reply 444
Original post by gemmax6x
There's 4 model conditions... Critical early, critical late, adjacent early and adjacent late...

Looks like I'm dropping a couple marks for that question then...

Damnit Piliavin!
Reply 445
Original post by Zawarkhan786
I'm afraid not. Only intelligence tests fall under psychometric tests. Projective tests are separate as they measure personality and not intelligence.

Oh, luckily I didn't use the latter then!
Original post by khalidy95
So I guess my predictions for Section B were wrong but was right on Psychodynamic and the fact that the style was in line with last summer. Hope my resources helped Lol particularly the Section C. Felt quite confident walking out of the exam The Section A was certainly easier than last harder. Section B was also quite straightforward I chose Milgram. The Paper seemed to emphasise ethical issues which I thought was odd but hope I helped anyways.

I felt the same as you as well. I predicted Psychodynamic and/or Developmental as approaches for Section C; obviously Developmental never featured. Section A was indeed MUCH easier than last summer; especially when OCR decided to give 4 of the easiest marks to us for the Maguire question on interpreting the scattergraph lol.

By the way, I couldn't think of 4 results for the 8 marker on Section B for Milgram. I just wrote 3; 65% of Ps administering up to 450v, all Ps administering up to 300v, and the physical/emotional signs of distress that the Ps showed. What would be a fourth result? Would I need a fourth result to get the full 8 marks, or would the 3 that I mentioned enough for the 8 marks?
For Milgram section B results I did 26 were obedient and 14 were disobedient. 100% went up to 300vs. 5 stopped after 300vs. 4 stopped after 315vs. 2 stopped after 330vs. 1 stopped at 345vs, 1 stopped at 360vs and 1 stopped at 375vs. 65% went all the way to 450vs. In the post-experimental the mean score for the question about the participants estimate of the pain of the last shock they administered was 13.42/14 (or something like that). Obvious signs of tension (lip biting, sweating, etc). 14 had laughing/smiling fits and 3 had "full blown uncontrollable seizures"
Reply 448
Original post by Rstlss
Also when it say's why was your experiment conducted? Are you meant to say backround information??!?!? Cause I just said an aim.!!! :angry:, if so I julost out on 2 easy marks.... *cries*

I put an aim as well.

It makes sense, given a reason why the study was conducted was to investigate the effect of the IV upon the DV, which is what the aim describes.
I felt the same as you as well. I predicted Psychodynamic and/or Developmental as approaches for Section C; obviously Developmental never featured. Section A was indeed MUCH easier than last summer; especially when OCR decided to give 4 of the easiest marks to us for the Maguire question on interpreting the scattergraph lol.

By the way, I couldn't think of 4 results for the 8 marker on Section B for Milgram. I just wrote 3; 65% of Ps administering up to 450v, all Ps administering up to 300v, and the physical/emotional signs of distress that the Ps showed. What would be a fourth result? Would I need a fourth result to get the full 8 marks, or would the 3 that I mentioned enough for the 8 marks?

you could have talked about 3 participants have uncontrollable seizures and one having to be removed as it was so severe/uncontrollable
or
many participants showed signs of tension and a frequent sign of tension was nervous laughing fits
Original post by A-LJLB
To everyone freaking out about the Maguire question... I am 99% sure it was positive correlation. Mainly because it's positive correlation between volume change and time spent as a taxi driver in the actual study, and also the numbers (you're saying -8 and +8? That's still an increase) are totally irrelevent - the line of best fit showed positive correlation, as as the change in volume increased, so did the time spent as a taxi driver in months. There's pretty much been a question in every previous exam paper, but for example stating the findings in Dement and Kleitman - you literally just get given the answers and have to write them down

Also it's literally one of Maguire's conclusions that there's a positive correlation between volume of grey matter in the right posterior hippocampus and time spent as a taxi driver
Anyone do Bandura for scetion B
Original post by juliam98
I hope so, but I really doubt it. The mark
schemes are quite harsh. Ughhhhh:frown:

I so disappointed with myself right now. I guess we have to use this as a lesson to read every question carefully in future exams. Don't be demotivated. Use this as motivation. Lol its soo hard to get over it know
Original post by amy_eliz3
you could have talked about 3 participants have uncontrollable seizures and one having to be removed as it was so severe/uncontrollable
or
many participants showed signs of tension and a frequent sign of tension was nervous laughing fits

So would I get 6 marks for the 3 results I mentioned, or could I possibly get the full 8 marks?
So would I get 6 marks for the 3 results I mentioned, or could I possibly get the full 8 marks?

I would say probably 6 marks, not sure how they mark it but maybe you could get more if you were really detailed in one of them?
Original post by sumaya.ali
Anyone do Bandura for scetion B

i did
Original post by thiss1
i did

what did you say for the finding
Reply 457
For the Maguire conclusion question i wrote something along the lines of "The longer a person had spent as a taxi driver, the larger the volume of grey matter within the right hemisphere" which is just describing the positive correlation in a more wordy manner. Will this get me the marks?
i said the 4 finding that were on holah website
eg,the children in aggressive condition made more aggressive responses than children in non aggressive condition
what about you?
Original post by sumaya.ali
what did you say for the finding

I did Bandura. I basically put boys were more physically aggressive/girls slightly more verbally aggressive, how boys responded to same-sex model more aggressively, for girls the gender of model didn't have as significant a difference, and how there was no significant difference in aggression between those in the non-aggressive condition and those in the control group/condition

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending