The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Genuinely freaking out because I'm pretty sure I messed up the 12 marker in section c and now all these silly mistakes I've made in section a ...
Original post by A-LJLB
I did Bandura. I basically put boys were more physically aggressive/girls slightly more verbally aggressive, how boys responded to same-sex model more aggressively, for girls the gender of model didn't have as significant a difference, and how there was no significant difference in aggression between those in the non-aggressive condition and those in the control group/condition

does mine seem right
Original post by thiss1
does mine seem right

Yeah the finding you suggested seems absolutely fine :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah the finding you suggested seems absolutely fine :smile:

that's good ,i learnt so many result for Griffiths but i did not use any
Original post by thiss1
that's good ,i learnt so many result for Griffiths but i did not use any

Griffiths was actually one of the studies I was not too confident on, I was so happy when Bandura came up!
Original post by A-LJLB
Griffiths was actually one of the studies I was not too confident on, I was so happy when Bandura came up!

you were lucky,i would have been happy if it came up but bandura was ok
Original post by thiss1
you were lucky,i would have been happy if it came up but bandura was ok

I was! I was honestly dreading this exam, especially with the changes, I had no idea what would come up! It was a retake for me though, I have a B from last year but thought I may as well try and boost my grade. I'm sure you did great for Bandura!
Original post by A-LJLB
I was! I was honestly dreading this exam, especially with the changes, I had no idea what would come up! It was a retake for me though, I have a B from last year but thought I may as well try and boost my grade. I'm sure you did great for Bandura!

ohh that good,B is really good but im sure you have done better then before,i must say the question question b was not as hard as before
I messed up a few questions in section A, like the piliavin one, Savage-Rumbaugh, didn't answer the Reicher and Haslam one, but I thought the rest of the questions were fine. The Freud one had come up in a past paper beforehand, so had the Maguire one. Section B was pretty good. Messed up the results for Milgram, just didn't put enough detail but am confident that I probably got at least 4 marks for that question and the rest of those ones were fine, I thought. Section C was a challenge. They changed the part a to say outline instead of assume (unless they mean the same thing?) and the 12 marker was terrible, managed to put 2 strengths of ethical issues with regards to physiological approach but couldn't think of any weaknesses, but hoping that I got 6 marks. As long as I get a high C or above I am happy :smile:

The grade boundaries are normally quite lenient in this exam so just hoping that they don't go up by a lot cause it was an easier paper, although I am sure the changes in section C would have thrown quite a few people off.
Original post by thiss1
ohh that good,B is really good but im sure you have done better then before,i must say the question question b was not as hard as before

Do you mean section B? Because I do agree that section B this year was lovely! I don't know what it was about it but I didn't particularly struggle. I honestly thought I did dreadfully last year and was so shocked when I got the B, I didn't think I'd get even a D!
Original post by A-LJLB
Do you mean section B? Because I do agree that section B this year was lovely! I don't know what it was about it but I didn't particularly struggle. I honestly thought I did dreadfully last year and was so shocked when I got the B, I didn't think I'd get even a D!

yh section B ,it was findings ,then ethical issue
Original post by moment of truth
I messed up a few questions in section A, like the piliavin one, Savage-Rumbaugh, didn't answer the Reicher and Haslam one, but I thought the rest of the questions were fine. The Freud one had come up in a past paper beforehand, so had the Maguire one. Section B was pretty good. Messed up the results for Milgram, just didn't put enough detail but am confident that I probably got at least 4 marks for that question and the rest of those ones were fine, I thought. Section C was a challenge. They changed the part a to say outline instead of assume (unless they mean the same thing?) and the 12 marker was terrible, managed to put 2 strengths of ethical issues with regards to physiological approach but couldn't think of any weaknesses, but hoping that I got 6 marks. As long as I get a high C or above I am happy :smile:

The grade boundaries are normally quite lenient in this exam so just hoping that they don't go up by a lot cause it was an easier paper, although I am sure the changes in section C would have thrown quite a few people off.

As far as I'm aware, recently anyway, the highest I've seen the A grade boundary be is 85, and it tends to vary year to year from 81-85, so the rest of the boundaries are pretty similar and consistent. As for the outline question, I just wrote the assumption as normal. I'm sure you will have done great!
I was just wondering... For the Piliavin question if I mainly described the victims but mentioned the timings of the early/late models would I still get at least 1 mark??
same
Original post by A-LJLB
I did Bandura. I basically put boys were more physically aggressive/girls slightly more verbally aggressive, how boys responded to same-sex model more aggressively, for girls the gender of model didn't have as significant a difference, and how there was no significant difference in aggression between those in the non-aggressive condition and those in the control group/condition
Reply 474
Original post by moment of truth

pretty much messed up the same as you, savage-rumbah and Reicher & haslam, rest were fine (maybe a few marks lost on some dodgy questions) but If I got the Savage & Prison study ones right i'd be 100% sure of my A right now
Hey!

It was interesting to read what sort of things came up in the exam for you guys this year. I did this exam last year and am now nervously awaiting my A2 exams! :woo:

For some of you worrying about some of the answers you put down, try not to worry so much. Like someone has already said, the grade boundaries for this exam tend to be low and so you can afford to lose those couple of marks if you misread the question. Also, if you misread the question the likelihood is that OCR designed it in a way to trip people up (they're mean like that)- you don't know how many people last year went into automatic mode for the 12 marker, only to realise it was on lab experiments within the approach and not just on the approach itself.

Good luck for your results- the likelihood is that most of you have done better than you think.
Reply 476
Original post by emiloujess
I was just wondering... For the Piliavin question if I mainly described the victims but mentioned the timings of the early/late models would I still get at least 1 mark??

Which Piliavin question?
Original post by Rstlss
Which Piliavin question?

Oh, sorry! The section A one on describing the roles of the model or something like that
Reply 478
Original post by emiloujess
Oh, sorry! The section A one on describing the roles of the model or something like that

I think as long as you mentioned the condition and said the time you should get at least 2
Original post by Rstlss
I think as long as you mentioned the condition and said the time you should get at least 2

Thank you! I feel a little more confident now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending