The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Bristol Rovers are the first side in 10 years to immediately bounce back to League 2. Credit where it's due for an impressive achievement.

They ran Barnet very close for the top spot and I am sure they will do well in the fourth division next season.
Clubs have announced their retained and released lists, with a few good players from Championship clubs available.
Original post by Mackay
Bristol Rovers are the first side in 10 years to immediately bounce back to League 2. Credit where it's due for an impressive achievement.

i'm so happy for them.
they're basically my lower-league team
followed them for years now, ever since the Lambert days :biggrin:

wish i could follow them more than i do though - i seldom have time to do anything more than check results, maybe the occasional highlights.
always play as them on FIFA so at least that's something :wink:

Original post by Mackay
Clubs have announced their retained and released lists, with a few good players from Championship clubs available.

liverpool to make several 20m offers then :rolleyes:
Mowbray confirmed as Cov boss on a 2 year deal, season ticket sales expected to go up significantly as a result, great news.
Original post by Midlander
Mowbray confirmed as Cov boss on a 2 year deal, season ticket sales expected to go up significantly as a result, great news.

Very good stuff. No doubt your retained list will follow swiftly now he's in charge.
Original post by Mackay
Very good stuff. No doubt your retained list will follow swiftly now he's in charge.

Haha it will be a short one I suspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just waiting for our retained list. Mainly interested o see whether Ricketts is going to join the coaching staff or not. Guess it depends on the Playoff Final.
Haha it will be a short one I suspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nouble gone, but he's a bit mercurial at best so no surprises there.

Big fan of Ipswich's new kit.
Blackpool with just 10 senior players now (and no manager) - relegation next season
Original post by Mackay
Nouble gone, but he's a bit mercurial at best so no surprises there.

Big fan of Ipswich's new kit.

I agree with most of it although I am surprised to see Tudgay on there, he has offered very little this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with most of it although I am surprised to see Tudgay on there, he has offered very little this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Model pro, apparently.
Looks like its Uwe Rosler for Leeds.
It was Nigel Adkins last week, and Hasselbaink the week before that
Sheringham to Stevenage would be good. Where more ex players should start themselves off, its worked well for quite a few of them already!
Original post by TornadoGR4
It was Nigel Adkins last week, and Hasselbaink the week before that

You should go for Pressley, he'll get you out of the Championship in record time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's Rosler.
Bolton yet to tie down Gudjohnsen or Heskey on new deals, but Lennon's signed Gary Madine from Blackpool. Christ. I take back what I said about them challenging for the play-offs with Lennon having a full pre-season picking his own squad...
Original post by Mackay
Bolton yet to tie down Gudjohnsen or Heskey on new deals, but Lennon's signed Gary Madine from Blackpool. Christ. I take back what I said about them challenging for the play-offs with Lennon having a full pre-season picking his own squad...

He was very average for us in L1 so his prospects can't be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He was very average for us in L1 so his prospects can't be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't believe he's still at a second tier club. Stealing a living.
McClaren looks to be on his way out, but not by his choice.

Crunch talks going on in the next 24 hours and it looks like he'll be replaced by Paul Clement, only a week after Mac reiterated his commitment to the club.

It all seems a bit odd to me but you can't argue with Clement's pedigree. And to not reach the play-offs from the position we were in is a colossal failure on the manager's part.

Going to be an interesting Summer, that's for sure :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest