The Student Room Group

Rings on guys

Yes or No?

I know no guys that wears rings, a few of the girls I have asked said it looks gay for a guy to wear them, but I quite like them? what do you lot think, can guys wear rings? (excluding wedding rings)
i think they're fine, his choice
Sure, I dont because I hate having things on my hands/wrists in general.

Also, I dont know about you but being called gay is just not in the least bit offensive.
Doesn't bother me either way - its his choice
Rings are fine. I don't really pay attention to things like that and a ring isn't part of him. I'm more interested about the guy himself, not what he wears or has on his fingers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Not a fan of guy jewellery apart from like a watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
i like wearing ring but not light items i've got gold and platium pieces some plain some with stones but all are at least 4g the heaviest is a staff ring which cost me a couple of grand but it's 10kt white gold and diamond and cost me $3500 or £2200 approximately but i like o wear up to 12 rings at a time
Reply 7
Depends on the guy. But generally I am not a fan of rings on boys. If the overall style is rock, then maybe yes but all other, nooo :smile:
I wear a silver band ring on my index finger, it's just an accessory to me
rings are fine, just make sure only one per hand
Original post by Above The Ankles
rings are fine, just make sure only one per hand

we are clearly v. different people
Original post by jamesthehustler
we are clearly v. different people

indeed, anymore than one per hand looks very unprofessional, especially in a working environment where people dress formal
Reply 12
Gay guys tend to have decent fashion sense, if we're stereotyping, so there's nothing wrong with being called that at all. I don't personally wear rings, except for one stainless steel thumb ring with a religious message that was bought for me in Jerusalem which I sometimes add onto a formal outfit, but I think that has more to do with not finding anything I like. If they're what you like wearing - then wear them. You'll look and feel confident, especially considering rings can add pleasant weight and colour to your fingers.
If that's their style, then let them go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest