The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ie123
YOU NEED OT RELATE TO THE FOUR MAIN ECONOMIC OBJECTIVES: GROWTH, PRICE STABILITY, BALANCE OF PAYMENTS AND EMPLOYMENT.

If you relate your points back to these objectives then your guaranteed to high marks (Assuming there relevant).

E.g Increase infrastructure leads to an increase in the LRAS (Then illustrate the LRAS curve.), then discuss how this effects employment and relate the positive multiplier effect etc. etc.

also something I forgot to mention explicitly
my teacher said that it will be on either austerity or deflation most likely. Both are demand side and are mainly about govt spending
Original post by sulliver98
my teacher said that it will be on either austerity or deflation most likely. Both are demand side and are mainly about govt spending

How are you supposed to write a 25 mark on deflation when theres less than a paragraph in the textbook/revision guides!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
How are you supposed to write a 25 mark on deflation when theres less than a paragraph in the textbook/revision guides!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it will probably be about how to get out of deflation. Look at this powerpoint. Remember, this is only a prediction so don't just take my word for it that it will be the 25 marker. Check this out. Maybe it will help with the deflation stuff. It is the last couple of slides
it will probably be about how to get out of deflation. Look at this powerpoint. Remember, this is only a prediction so don't just take my word for it that it will be the 25 marker. Check this out. Maybe it will help with the deflation stuff. It is the last couple of slides

Thank you!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
you are very welcome. don't stress out too much. we have less than 2 hours so get some rest as well
you are very welcome. don't stress out too much. we have less than 2 hours so get some rest as well

I slept 8 hours and had a good breakfast, skim reading my notes now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Remember, AS is only the beginning :colone:

And there's always next year if this is your first time, and if you're like me, and retaking, then just don't **** it up :wink:
How did everyone find that? I think it went well. Personally went for context 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was context 2 about macroeconomic objectives

Posted from TSR Mobile
the 8 marker and 25 marker on context 2 were difficult!
Original post by yoman1109
the 8 marker and 25 marker on context 2 were difficult!

They were sooo easy just compare the highs abd lows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
They were sooo easy just compare the highs abd lows

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt read the question carefully so i just wrote the highest point and lowest point of economic growth and rate of inflation. But then I knew it was wrong as my mates saying you have to compare lol
I didnt read the question carefully so i just wrote the highest point and lowest point of economic growth and rate of inflation. But then I knew it was wrong as my mates saying you have to compare lol

Lol but egat you did is compare as long as you wrote the highs and lows for growth and inflation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 694
Context 1 was a gift.
Lol but egat you did is compare as long as you wrote the highs and lows for growth and inflation

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote

the highest point of economic growth were XXX% during 20XX and highest point of inflation were XXX% during 20XX
the lowest point of ................................

because thats how teachers teach us to do. But then my mates saying its wrong and i misunderstand it
I wrote

the highest point of economic growth were XXX% during 20XX and highest point of inflation were XXX% during 20XX
the lowest point of ................................

because thats how teachers teach us to do. But then my mates saying its wrong and i misunderstand it

I think thsts right it better be right I wrote that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Buses
Context 1 was a gift.

What was it on again? Growth in construction sector?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think thsts right it better be right I wrote that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? what about the 25 marker? Im not really understand what the question asking so i just wrote policies on. how it affect AD and growth etc.
I don't know. Chose context 2, but I felt I verged too far off the question ... as always. Started talking about supply-side policies

F these vague questions.

MCQ once again couldn't be better, completed them in ~13 mins lol.

"Price deflation" is "deflation" right? I mean, I didn't expect them to be talking about deflating footballs or car tyres but wtf was the reason to put price in front

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending