The Student Room Group

OCR PHYSICS B G491~ 19th May 2015 AM ~ AS Physics

Scroll to see replies

Aaaaaarrghh! That was sooo hard,
I know that I have dropped at least 20 marks and am hoping the grade boundaries will be really low, perhaps 40/60 for an A? I hope I can just scrape a B -really don't want a C...

Does anyone know for the bird question what it meant by work out the number of oscillations?
And what did you draw for the last question for the graph?
Original post by jack0997
0.018m?

Yeah I had something like that
Reply 202
0.018m?

Sounds good to me.
Original post by Youre_a_bellend
51 u t w a t

69/60
Original post by Alex Gerrow
I got that too!

did you use the 3.14 ohm resistance then?

I wrote the resistances in the table as 3.14 and 21. something ... as in 3sf. did u do the same? and is this okay seen as apparently the table was all in 2sf
Original post by jpetersgill
I wrote the resistances in the table as 3.14 and 21. something ... as in 3sf. did u do the same? and is this okay seen as apparently the table was all in 2sf

Yeah, I got the same - though I put the length of the wire as 0.02 metres - there were a few grey areas in terms of sig fig on this paper i thought
Original post by Alex Gerrow
Yeah, I got the same - though I put the length of the wire as 0.02 metres - there were a few grey areas in terms of sig fig on this paper i thought
I may have used 3.2 ohms because I can't round, but yeah thats what i used since 20 degrees is likely room temperature. With 2014, since it was very hard there were far less significant figure penalties compared to other papers, so it will likely be the same. What did you guys get for the sensitivity of the microscope?
0.018m?

**** I got 0.18m

I think the question tripped me up somewhere or I missed a zero on my calculator
I may have used 3.2 ohms because I can't round, but yeah thats what i used since 20 degrees is likely room temperature. With 2014, since it was very hard there were far less significant figure penalties compared to other papers, so it will likely be the same. What did you guys get for the sensitivity of the microscope?

~760

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 695, but the answer depends on the tangent you drew
Reply 210
Original post by Bbowyer1996
I got 695, but the answer depends on the tangent you drew

Do you remember the raw figures you got off the graph?
Original post by Wolfea
Do you remember the raw figures you got off the graph?

No sorry I just remember drawing a tangent at the point they stated
I remember getting a lot lower
what were the units? I think I missed something
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CancerousProblem
I remember getting a lot lower
what were the units? I think I missed something

The Units weren't standard, they were the same as the ones on the graph including prefixes

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone get around 1000 for the p3000:tongue:20 ratio
Original post by airborne454

More like 6. Something ..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
3.375 x 10^7 i cant remember what question that was from but It was on my calculator when I left thes test
Original post by fandalf
i think i put d a b, can't fully recall sorry. My brain still feels like its been raped

raped you say?! How excellent
Original post by airborne454

I got 0.67

edit; i meant 6.7 mistype
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending