Reply 80
Original post by rhungwilym
No way I got 58

How do you know??
Original post by gergjre
I put 0.4Fsin(40)=0.9(22)+1.8(12)

therefore, F=(41.4)/0.4sin(40)
F=77.12N

Is that wrong? Thought I resolved the vector correctly?!?!?!?!?!?!

for the force of the hinge? hmmm i can't remember my answer but you had to use the principle that forces in the up direction equalled the forces in the down direction
Original post by gergjre

F=77.12N

I think it was that for the right side of the paper. I thought it was just normal moment equation on the left side then do FCosAngle or FSinAngle. dunno though
Reply 83
Original post by matthewdjones
for the force of the hinge? hmmm i can't remember my answer but you had to use the principle that forces in the up direction equalled the forces in the down direction

Ahhhhhhh im so nervous for PH2 now that this is by far the hardest PH1 paper there has been and i need an A!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 84
Original post by gergjre

F=77.12N

Wait, the force labelled F should've been 200N (approx.).
So no marks for EMF, but 8 for recalling a practical... For the practical 5 marker I said start at boiling point and work down for 'more precise readings', stir for uniform temp, check ohm meter for zero error etc, only with about 5 minutes left I realised it was from 0 to 100 degrees so just stuck in 'add ice cubes' at the very end, what a stupid question that was -.-
Reply 86
Original post by PrimeLime

Ohh yeah hahahah! I had like 196N if i remember correctly. I think hmmmmm
Reply 87
Original post by gergjre
Ahhhhhhh im so nervous for PH2 now that this is by far the hardest PH1 paper there has been and i need an A!!!!!!!!!!!

And PH2 is only gonna be 10x harder...

Yeah I got something like 196.02N? They're always a bit unprecise with those types of questions...
Reply 89
Original post by gergjre
Ohh yeah hahahah! I had like 196N if i remember correctly. I think hmmmmm

Yes! I got that. Did you get the hinge pulling down with 94N or something?
I thought the Zip Line question was really stupid as well. With the diagram, I said measure the resistance every 10 celsius but forgot every 30s and also forgot to say cool down with water and I put the wrong word for the graph. I put curved instead of linear.
Reply 91
Original post by Jonooo123
Yeah I got something like 196.02N? They're always a bit unprecise with those types of questions...

I know, it's hardly acceptable to round to 200 there XD. I got 164 the first time I did it and I was like, knowing WJEC this counts as 'approximately 200N' LOL. But then I came to my senses and redid that part. :redface:
Reply 92
And PH2 is only gonna be 10x harder...

I know. I liked all the PH1 past papers but that today was disgusting. Ohh well got 2 weeks to prepare for PH2!! Just got to cover every angle

I got 94. but the hinge was pushing up. well that's what I thought
Reply 94
I thought the Zip Line question was really stupid as well. With the diagram, I said measure the resistance every 10 celsius but forgot every 30s and also forgot to say cool down with water and I put the wrong word for the graph. I put curved instead of linear.

Oh come on! I forgot to mention what the graph would look like, because they asked how would the results be analysed! Surely you didn't need to mention that it would be a straight line through O right?? :crossedf:
What didn't you get about the zip line question?
Oh come on! I forgot to mention what the graph would look like, because they asked how would the results be analysed! Surely you didn't need to mention that it would be a straight line through O right?? :crossedf:
What didn't you get about the zip line question?

Everything..
Reply 96
Original post by gergjre
I know. I liked all the PH1 past papers but that today was disgusting. Ohh well got 2 weeks to prepare for PH2!! Just got to cover every angle

Exactly the same with me. I loved PH1 (favourite exam) and was really looking forward to this paper. I was let down. A lot.
And um... I'm still yet to complete a PH2 paper... or revise my notes... or learn half the content...
Reply 97
Everything..

Did you at least find mg(delta)h and 1/2mv^2 and maybe find the difference?
Reply 98

I cant remember. I probably screwed it up. Circuit question and q7 were the worst though!
Reply 99
Exactly the same with me. I loved PH1 (favourite exam) and was really looking forward to this paper. I was let down. A lot.
And um... I'm still yet to complete a PH2 paper... or revise my notes... or learn half the content...

Neither have I. I havent looked at anything for about 4 weeks. OOPS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending