The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saran12
yh i wrote about the other drugs as well as ect in detail. The question was around ect and drug therapies so talking about SD may have lost you marks unless your evaluation related to drugs in anyway.

I think the grade boundaries for an A for unit 1 could be around 58-60 and around 53-55 for unit 2.

Honestly man BZs come under treating abnormality because there ws a question on this in a paper for 4 marks and it said allow BZs but not BBS so if you talked about BZs reducing stress it counts and is valid because it treats abnormaity aas it is an anti anxiety drug so its fine they count but BBs dont that 12 marker was just so nice of AQA
Original post by studentwiz
Correct scattergram (1)
C
What do they show other than relationship? (1)
One strength of correlations in stress research (2)
One weakness of correlations in stress research (2)
Outline findings from research into daily hassles (4)
Identify personality type (1)
Who is more likely to suffer negative effects of stress? Refer to psychological research (4)
Explain why Janet might be feeling stressed; refer to psychological research (4)
Outline one psychological method of stress management (4)
Why is failing to gain informed consent an ethical issue? (2)

Explain one or more ways in which psychologists attempt to overcome ethical issues (4)
Explain one difference between conformity and obedience (2)
Explain what is meant by 'normative social influence (3)
Explain what is meant by 'informational social influence (3)
Which boy demonstrates internal locus of control? (1)
Which boy demonstrates external locus of control? (1)
Which boy is more likely to resist the pressure to conform? Use knowledge of psychology to explain choice (4)
Explain how social influence research helps us to understand social change (4)
One limitation of 'deviation from ideal mental health' definition of abnormality (2)
Outline behavioural approach to psychopathology(6)
Evaluate psychoanalysis as a method for treating abnormality (4)

Discuss one or more biological therapies for treating abnormality (12)
Here's the questions that was posted earlier
Cheers Jeff, you absolute nutsack.
Original post by K3lvin
Honestly man BZs come under treating abnormality because there ws a question on this in a paper for 4 marks and it said allow BZs but not BBS so if you talked about BZs reducing stress it counts and is valid because it treats abnormaity aas it is an anti anxiety drug so its fine they count but BBs dont that 12 marker was just so nice of AQA

yeah that's what i thought so added in BZs beta blockers, anti depressants, anti psycotoics and ect the whole lot tbh to be sure
Anyone have any idea as to what the grade boundaries may be?
How much to get an A?
Original post by alevels2k15
Anyone have any idea as to what the grade boundaries may be?
How much to get an A?

Only from looking at previous grade boundaries, I think it is normally around 50-53 for an A!
Original post by Eleanor303
I think I might have seen once on a mark scheme stating that if a student has written about the wrong thing but has written a detailed answer on another topic by accident then a few marks can be awarded. I have no idea if the mark scheme will be this generous, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as some grade boundaries still allow you to lose 22 marks to get an A.

I wrote about biological approach instead of behavioural, and I gave detailed explanation so could I get like 1 or 2 marks for it or none?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RHobbs
Only from looking at previous grade boundaries, I think it is normally around 50-53 for an A!

How many mark out of both paper together do you think it would be for an A?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nat100000
How many mark out of both paper together do you think it would be for an A?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think last year it was 103 or 104 over all and the year before it was 49 and 52 so 101 out of 144, I think!
Original post by RHobbs
I think last year it was 103 or 104 over all and the year before it was 49 and 52 so 101 out of 144, I think!

Okay thank you!☺️ I just want my results back already😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if this unit will be available next summer? Because of the introduction of the new spec I'm not sure if it will be available to sit or not.
Original post by MTKigz
Does anyone know if this unit will be available next summer? Because of the introduction of the new spec I'm not sure if it will be available to sit or not.

We were told at school that if you have to re-sit and the spec has changed you will still sit an exam paper on the spec you learnt not the new one. It will be a specific re-sit paper I think!
Original post by RHobbs
We were told at school that if you have to re-sit and the spec has changed you will still sit an exam paper on the spec you learnt not the new one. It will be a specific re-sit paper I think!

Ok. My teacher said that we're allowed to resit under this specific unit but she didn't seem sure lol. Not that I want to talk about re-sitting. I'm just wondering in case I needed too.
Original post by RHobbs

Your right! It will be a specific paper :smile:
Original post by YouAgain
Hiya... Did u actually include any research or researchers in your answer in any of the questions? O.o cuz it says include research findings or base on your psychological knowledge ( so on what you've revised) because in your answer above u didn't seem to put any research whatsoever, just your opinion .-.

Wih number 5 you didn't mention anything about consistency, augmentation principle etc.. There was a previous question on this in one of the past papers and on the mark scheme it says you had to include: consistency, flexibility, non-dogmatic etc...

Also with number 4, you put lack of control but did you back it up with a finding? Like for example, I put she had high workload etc and talked about johannson et al....

Don't take my word for it though, this is just what I think lol not to scare you but with the 4 markers you had to base it off a psychological research and if u didn't .-. Then you'd probably lose a lot of marks...

Hey thanks for your response!
Well i've put the lack of control..and the workload.. but those were based on the findings from the research of Johansson.. So its like referring to it? Im not sure.. But because its a context question.. I have referred the context with the findings from the research (which is the fact that workload and lack of control affects stress) .. Do you think thats like referring to it even though the name of the researcher or how it was conducted wasnt included? Coz its only a 4 marker and i thought that it would be too much if i included it.. Since i thought that theyd give 2 marks for each point (ie workload and lack of control) and an elaboration in context.
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Your right! It will be a specific paper :smile:

Yeah I think it will be really hard next year because it will be the last one if we resit😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone please answer this for me I would appreciate it cuz im not sure how much i would roughly get i was thinking 2-4For the 4 marker on findings on daily hassles I wrote that Kanner developed a 117 hassle scale and 135 uplifts scale and found that Daily hassles are more stressful that major life events because they are frequent and persistent while major life events are in frequent. He also found that the hassle scale tended to be a better predictor of stress than the srrs scale such as predicting depression and anxiety. Also ruffin found the accumulation effect where small persistent fequent daily hassles eventuall build up and lead to stress as they are persistent. How much out of 4 please

anyone please
Original post by K3lvin
Someone please answer this for me I would appreciate it cuz im not sure how much i would roughly get i was thinking 2-4For the 4 marker on findings on daily hassles I wrote that Kanner developed a 117 hassle scale and 135 uplifts scale and found that Daily hassles are more stressful that major life events because they are frequent and persistent while major life events are in frequent. He also found that the hassle scale tended to be a better predictor of stress than the srrs scale such as predicting depression and anxiety. Also ruffin found the accumulation effect where small persistent fequent daily hassles eventuall build up and lead to stress as they are persistent. How much out of 4 please

anyone please

The first study you did i havent learnt and most people wrote about Delongis, bourtryre et al and Gervais including myself. Ruffin seems fine so if your first study is relevant to daily hassles then you should get 3 to 4 marks
[QUOTE="saran12;55968093"]The first study you did i havent learnt and most people wrote about Delongis, bourtryre et al and Gervais including myself. Ruffin seems fine so if your first study is relevant to daily hassles then you should get 3 to 4 marks[/QUOTE

Cheers appreciate that just saying though it is relevant because in a 12 marker on life changes or hassles in a past paper it said kanner for daily hasssles so that should be fine then. Cheers
The first question in the unit 2 surprised everyone I think, was not expecting it... rest of paper was alright, finished within an hour... not sure if thats a good or bad thing tho:/
What do you lot mean 'specific paper'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending