The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Spanish Unit 2 Tuesday 19th May

Who's sitting this exam? What do you think might come up as the writing?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by benrobinson3

hey, I'm doing this exam. Doesn't look like a lot of people on here do edexcel?! and I recon it'll be a letter, like it always seems to be a article. What are you thinking?
Original post by benrobinson3

I'm doing this exam too! I think it might be the environment seeing as that hasn't come up in such a really long time! I hope it does because that was my Speaking topic :cool::rolleyes::smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jeevanr21
I'm doing this exam too! I think it might be the environment seeing as that hasn't come up in such a really long time! I hope it does because that was my Speaking topic :cool::rolleyes::smile:

omg i seriously hope it isnt el medio ambiente :frown: I did health for speaking and know hardly any environment vocab hahah
Original post by Taz35
omg i seriously hope it isnt el medio ambiente :frown: I did health for speaking and know hardly any environment vocab hahah

Hopefully we get something to do with Transport!
I hope its not environment,
im doing A2 Spanish and I am resitting AS from last year, I reckon it could be an article as it was a letter last year. id say last years was a harder paper, so hoping its easier this year. good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by kellyreed
I hope its not environment,
im doing A2 Spanish and I am resitting AS from last year, I reckon it could be an article as it was a letter last year. id say last years was a harder paper, so hoping its easier this year. good luck!

hahah Im not a fan of environmental either. and yeah that's true, could be an article then. I'm really bad at the essays :frown:
Original post by Taz35
hahah Im not a fan of environmental either. and yeah that's true, could be an article then. I'm really bad at the essays :frown:

do you have any key environmental vocab that you think could help incase...I cant remember much of it...

good luck for tonmorrow
I'm hoping its environment or tourism as i had that topic for my oral exam!
For the environment:
incendios forestales- forest fires
efecto invernadero- greenhouse effect
calentamiento global- global warming
dioxido de carbono- carbon dioxide
monoxido de carbono- carbon monoxide
vapor de agua- water vapor
metano- methane
lluvia acida- acid rain
contaminacion- pollution
Just speak about cars and litter in the streets!
Reply 10
I'm freaking out so much, anyone got any tips for the exam?
Reply 11
I'm doing the exam as well and I find it hard to revise for Spanish.
I'm just going over vocal mostly and tenses as well as learning some subjunctive phrases to fit in my writing.
Hate 2 hour 30mins exams- far too long :frown:
Good luck everyone!!!
Original post by lucymarieduffy
I'm hoping its environment or tourism as i had that topic for my oral exam!
For the environment:
incendios forestales- forest fires
efecto invernadero- greenhouse effect
calentamiento global- global warming
dioxido de carbono- carbon dioxide
monoxido de carbono- carbon monoxide
vapor de agua- water vapor
metano- methane
lluvia acida- acid rain
contaminacion- pollution
Just speak about cars and litter in the streets!

Thank you! That's great! Good luck!
Original post by Taz35
I'm freaking out so much, anyone got any tips for the exam?

Having done it last year, I got a B. So only really retaking to try to boost it to an A, but my friend got a D, he left the exam like an hour early because he thought there was nothing he could do. He felt really confident, if you have this much time left, make sure you go through ethers thing, read through your essay again and again.

With regards to the essay, if it's a letter remember the punctuation is : not ,
for example Querido Señor : not Querido Señor,

Also something little that may help, if you go over the 220 word count, don't worry too much, just write a word count at the end of your essay and make it up so put like 126 words or something, the examiner is unlikely to count it all, and this will influence them that you haven't over written unless you have done like 3 pages worth or something.
Also split the essay into four paragraphs, one for each point given and don't forget a subjunctive if clause or something.

You have 45 minutes for the listening, make sure you use all this time, and double, and even triple check everything.

In the reading, in the last question, try not to lift from text, this will be penalised.

Stay calm, you'll be surprised at how much time you actually have left at the end.

I know you would have already been told all of that already by teachers or something, but just in case.
Hope it helps
Good luck!
Reply 14
Original post by kellyreed
Having done it last year, I got a B. So only really retaking to try to boost it to an A, but my friend got a D, he left the exam like an hour early because he thought there was nothing he could do. He felt really confident, if you have this much time left, make sure you go through ethers thing, read through your essay again and again.

With regards to the essay, if it's a letter remember the punctuation is : not ,
for example Querido Señor : not Querido Señor,

Also something little that may help, if you go over the 220 word count, don't worry too much, just write a word count at the end of your essay and make it up so put like 126 words or something, the examiner is unlikely to count it all, and this will influence them that you haven't over written unless you have done like 3 pages worth or something.
Also split the essay into four paragraphs, one for each point given and don't forget a subjunctive if clause or something.

You have 45 minutes for the listening, make sure you use all this time, and double, and even triple check everything.

In the reading, in the last question, try not to lift from text, this will be penalised.

Stay calm, you'll be surprised at how much time you actually have left at the end.

I know you would have already been told all of that already by teachers or something, but just in case.
Hope it helps
Good luck!

This helped loads thanks!
Original post by gmh
This helped loads thanks!

that's alright, good luck for the morning, come on here and let me know how you found it
If we had a do a letter would the address take up some of our 220 words?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any good phrases to use for the writing?
Reply 18
How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me :smile:
Original post by Smeggo
How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me :smile:

What did you put for the second question of the listening ? And what did you put for the reading to English question about what designers are most careful about.... to do with the design?
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending