The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Physics PH1 May 19th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jonooo123
Haha well I bet it will catch a few people out!

They'll probably put an upwards arrow. It's likely though that a lot of people thought there would be no air resistance but thankfully for them there was no 'no arrow'.
Did anyone else get a resistivity along the lines of 8x10^-8 for the wire? and a drift velocity of something like 5x10^-5?

I remember getting 10^-5 for drift velocity
With the graff with the train. I did a tangent and I got a weird acceleration. what was the acceleration? or in other words, what was the gradient?
Original post by rhungwilym
With the graff with the train. I did a tangent and I got a weird acceleration. what was the acceleration? or in other words, what was the gradient?

0.133333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333... ms^-2
Original post by PrimeLime
0.133333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333... ms^-2

I think I got something smaller than that but I don't remember. I just remember making the triangle massive on the paper
I think I got something smaller than that but I don't remember. I just remember making the triangle massive on the paper

yeah mine was about 0.1375 I think, I'm sure there will be loads of tolerance in the mark scheme for that bit like ±0.05, doesn't sound like a lot but in the context it is!
Where did 48km/h come from? I put 50 because I am a tool. Also what was the velocity of it? I think I did 50,000/60x60? Something like that?
Original post by DirtyExamTables
Where did 48km/h come from? I put 50 because I am a tool. Also what was the velocity of it? I think I did 50,000/60x60? Something like that?

Can't remember the exact values, but you divide distance travelled (300m) by their respective speeds, this gives you the time taken. Do this for both AB and BA. Then to calculate mean velocity, you divide the total distance travelled (300+300=600) by the total time taken for AB and BA, which should give you 48km
Original post by thegayman
Can't remember the exact values, but you divide distance travelled (300m) by their respective speeds, this gives you the time taken. Do this for both AB and BA. Then to calculate mean velocity, you divide the total distance travelled (300+300=600) by the total time taken for AB and BA, which should give you 48km

48km/h sorry

It went at 40kmh for 7.5 hours and 60 for 5 hours. (40x7.5)+(60x5) = 600
600/12.5 = 48. For the next bit velocity = 0 because the resultant displacement is zero, it ends where it started!
ugh. I knew 50 was too good to be true :frown: I didn't do very well. Will have to do better next year amongst all the a2 exams, otherwise I'll be working in McDonald's for the rest of my life
It went at 40kmh for 7.5 hours and 60 for 5 hours. (40x7.5)+(60x5) = 600
600/12.5 = 48. For the next bit velocity = 0 because the resultant displacement is zero, it ends where it started!
oh great. I've done even worse than my already low expectations :redface:
oh great. I've done even worse than my already low expectations :redface:

Have faith, the grade boundaries are likely to be low (I hope!!) as the paper was significantly harder than previous years
Have faith, the grade boundaries are likely to be low (I hope!!) as the paper was significantly harder than previous years

It would be good to compile a list of all the quotes on answers people agree on. Because, so far, 4500 ohms is the only number I can recognise...
It would be good to compile a list of all the quotes on answers people agree on. Because, so far, 4500 ohms is the only number I can recognise...

Hmm I would try but I can't remember question numbers only answers aha
Hmm I would try but I can't remember question numbers only answers aha

and 4500 ohms is right :biggrin:
and 4500 ohms is right :biggrin:

Yay, so far I'm on 5 marks out of 80. At one point I remember doing mgh - 0.5mv^2, that seem familiar? I know I got the next part wrong though, I forgot to use the horizontal distance given in the question

I did the same as you because I don't think it said the time in that particular question. it said later if I remember. in the graph.
I did the same as you because I don't think it said the time in that particular question. it said later if I remember.

You have to work out the time, using time=distance travelled/speed
I think I did okay on the experiment question, the grasshopper one is either all right or all completely wrong, and deriving the equation :angry: I did steps of vt x a, vta x n, vtan x e, then dividing by t and cancelling the t's to get nave. Didn't remember to mention how it equalled I though.

Edit: oh and I also forgot to put ohm meters as the unit for resistivity, guaranteed that will be the question with a mark for unit
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending