The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Spanish Unit 2 Tuesday 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kellyreed
What did you put for the second question of the listening ? And what did you put for the reading to English question about what designers are most careful about.... to do with the design?
Thanks.

Second question was A, C, D and H. I'm not 100% sure if my translation for that was right since my English isn't great but I wrote that they try to keep technology hidden/invisible.
What did you discuss for the essay question?
Reply 22
I found it horrible, especially the questions about the apprenticeship/ training questions :frown:
Original post by Smeggo
Second question was A, C, D and H. I'm not 100% sure if my translation for that was right since my English isn't great but I wrote that they try to keep technology hidden/invisible.

Thanks! Yeah I put something like that too
Original post by Smeggo
How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me :smile:

Original post by Smeggo

Try to keep the inventions a secret from the public was what I interpreted it as
Reply 26
Original post by annabelbrown20

Just generally about cleaning up the environment like beaches etc. Also talked about how you can learn a lot of new, different aspects of the world by working voluntarily and then I just gave some examples.
Reply 27
Original post by Aerosmith
Try to keep the inventions a secret from the public was what I interpreted it as

Might be wrong, but I'm 90% sure it didn't say anything about keeping a secret from the public. The designer loved creating ideas that combined technology with clothes etc so I can't see why he wouldn't want people to know about it.
Original post by Smeggo
Might be wrong, but I'm 90% sure it didn't say anything about keeping a secret from the public. The designer loved creating ideas that combined technology with clothes etc so I can't see why he wouldn't want people to know about it.

Well then what do you mean by keeping the technology invisible? The question referred to the most important thing for designers which was the products being 'casi invisibles' which means that the designers wouldn't want their work copied by someone else, ie to protect the originality of their work, hence why a better translation is keeping the products a secret
Reply 29
Well then what do you mean by keeping the technology invisible? The question referred to the most important thing for designers which was the products being 'casi invisibles' which means that the designers wouldn't want their work copied by someone else, ie to protect the originality of their work, hence why a better translation is keeping the products a secret

When it said they wanted the technology to be hidden, from my point of view I thought it meant that, for example, the shoes would look like normal shoes even though it had GPS. Therefore, people wouldn't notice the shoes had technology since it was hidden.
Original post by Smeggo
When it said they wanted the technology to be hidden, from my point of view I thought it meant that, for example, the shoes would look like normal shoes even though it had GPS. Therefore, people wouldn't notice the shoes had technology since it was hidden.

Ok well I thought that small paragraph was referring more generally to technology rather than specifically focussing on the GPS so I didn't pick that up...not gonna argue with a native speaker lol. Apart from that question the paper wasn't too bad, bit harder than normal mind
Reply 31
Ok well I thought that small paragraph was referring more generally to technology rather than specifically focussing on the GPS so I didn't pick that up...not gonna argue with a native speaker lol. Apart from that question the paper wasn't too bad, bit harder than normal mind

Heh, I could be completely wrong though, translating is my weak point. Edexcel were being a bit nasty with the first question, they were pretty much trying to catch people out in each part of the first question
Original post by Smeggo

For the third question of the listening which words did you put?
Reply 33
Original post by annabelbrown20
For the third question of the listening which words did you put?

It was reunión, dificil, nadie, ire
Guys what did you write for "what does the designer to for other designers?"
I just said "shows them his inventions" as I couldn't find the context for the life of me. I'm entirely sure this is wrong.

Another question, how lenient are the examiners in marking essays, as I am a private candidate with a tutor who does not know the standard exactly. In my essay I tried to use pluscuamperfecto after imperfecto to say what happened before. To me, it looked fine. Is this a minor structure error or would they neglect it?
Original post by ellenlaura15
Could you talk about volunteering abroad for the red cross in the last question

If you said it was in Spain then I think it's fine. Could you answer my question too please, if you know? thanks.
Reply 36
Original post by dfradkin
If you said it was in Spain then I think it's fine. Could you answer my question too please, if you know? thanks.

oh god, did you have to say you volunteered in Spain?
Original post by Taz35

the stimulus said in Spain as I remember, but I don't think it would make a difference if you have written a decent essay .
Original post by Taz35

The paragraph before the question related to voluntary work in Spain, but the question didn't say it had to be in Spain. It's 50:50 really. I can't see them penalising you too much but I'm not an edexcel examiner ahaha
Original post by Smeggo
How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me :smile:

I found it all very difficult! For the listening, what were the tickbox answera to Q1? Then that one where we had to fill in the gaps? Thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending