The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by knifeblade
Thanks, I really hate the Kaiserreich section

So yeah, they would never ask two kaiser reich questions.. IM 99% sure ask CD just to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
So yeah, they would never ask two kaiser reich questions.. IM 99% sure ask CD just to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

CD?
Sorry, just one more question. Last year, there was a question about the war economy under the life in wartime Germany section. Would it be likely that another question from that section would come up this year? Something about the Final Solution or civilian morale? I really want to just revise the rise of the Nazis and the whole Weimar section. Along with the WW1 Controversy
Reply 783
Sorry, just one more question. Last year, there was a question about the war economy under the life in wartime Germany section. Would it be likely that another question from that section would come up this year? Something about the Final Solution or civilian morale? I really want to just revise the rise of the Nazis and the whole Weimar section. Along with the WW1 Controversy

The war economy is less likely to come up but the rest of the unit might
Reply 784
Anybody think holocaust might come up?

And in a holocaust essay is it more sensible to argue the holocaust happened because of the Fuhrer or the chaotic state?

Holocaust could come up. Hasn't for a while.

I personally believe the war was ultimately responsible. I gave my reasoning a couple of pages back.

Is Weimar likely to come up this year? I'm revising Nazi Germany now but I'm not too sure which to look over, the Kaiserreich or Weimar?

Also, is it possible to do the WW1 controversy without revising the Kaiserreich?

Weimar came up last year in the form of an evaluation of its "democratic experiment". As such, it is likely that a more specific and less thematic Weimar question could arise, although I predict Nazi consolidation and German revolution personally.

That section again could come up. It is more likely to be about morale and opposition than the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

I personally believe the war was ultimately responsible. I gave my reasoning a couple of pages back.

Weimar came up last year in the form of an evaluation of its "democratic experiment". As such, it is likely that a more specific and less thematic Weimar question could arise, although I predict Nazi consolidation and German revolution personally.

That section again could come up. It is more likely to be about morale and opposition than the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know why people say the war i really do because potentially without it, the holocaust would have been doubtful. am i allowed to argue for the fuhrer's responsibility?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
I know why people say the war i really do because potentially without it, the holocaust would have been doubtful. am i allowed to argue for the fuhrer's responsibility?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you're allowed! History has no "right answers".

The Führer's responsibility is also convincing. Different people argue for:

War and its circumstances
Hitler himself
State structure
the German people's collective responsibility

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Of course you're allowed! History has no "right answers".

The Führer's responsibility is also convincing. Different people argue for:

War and its circumstances
Hitler himself
State structure
the German people's collective responsibility

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes okay good!:smile: see the arguments i have are

Fuhrer
Other nazi leaders
War
German people
Polycratic/chaotic state
improve the economy

And even though the war is a good argument i would argue that the radical change of plans for jews during the war was also to impress the Fuhrer himself. The fact that they wanted rid of them quickly, the nazis probably saw the death camps as an incentive to impress hitler? War was obviously influential for opting to kill rather than use slave labour but with the Nazi's experience in sporadic killing of "undesirables", they may have even managed it without an outbreak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Yes okay good!:smile: see the arguments i have are

Fuhrer
Other nazi leaders
War
German people
Polycratic/chaotic state
improve the economy

And even though the war is a good argument i would argue that the radical change of plans for jews during the war was also to impress the Fuhrer himself. The fact that they wanted rid of them quickly, the nazis probably saw the death camps as an incentive to impress hitler? War was obviously influential for opting to kill rather than use slave labour but with the Nazi's experience in sporadic killing of "undesirables", they may have even managed it without an outbreak

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. All possible arguments. Personally I would prefer a Nazi consolidation question though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
True. All possible arguments. Personally I would prefer a Nazi consolidation question though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that like "why and how the nazis came into power"? (Hitler becoming chancellor)

Wall street crash
Policy of legality
Violence/terror
Only option left for Hindenburg
?

OR

Before hitler actually comes into power?

Sorry i forget what consolidating means😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Is that like "why and how the nazis came into power"? (Hitler becoming chancellor)

Wall street crash
Policy of legality
Violence/terror
Only option left for Hindenburg
?

OR

Before hitler actually comes into power?

Sorry i forget what consolidating means😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither - it's after.

1933 and how he gained a greater hold onto power :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Neither - it's after.

1933 and how he gained a greater hold onto power :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

1933 onwards then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I've gone over Nazi consolidation and rise to power. Doing Weimar Golden Years now and I'll go through the German Revolution tomorrow. I'll have to take a break from History revision until the 1st June due to exams but I've just remembered the exam is actually on the 8th not the 4th, mixed it up with another exam, so I feel better now.
Reply 793
1933 onwards then?

Yeah January to July 1933.

Thanks, I've gone over Nazi consolidation and rise to power. Doing Weimar Golden Years now and I'll go through the German Revolution tomorrow. I'll have to take a break from History revision until the 1st June due to exams but I've just remembered the exam is actually on the 8th not the 4th, mixed it up with another exam, so I feel better now.

Ah that's good. Gives you more time. I have 3 exams the week of this one :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah January to July 1933.

Ah that's good. Gives you more time. I have 3 exams the week of this one :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do u have an essay plan for that time period?😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Weimar likely to come up this year? I'm revising Nazi Germany now but I'm not too sure which to look over, the Kaiserreich or Weimar?

Also, is it possible to do the WW1 controversy without revising the Kaiserreich?

You need to know Weimar to fully grasp Nazi Germany...

Also, Weimar is easy to learn anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong.

They can ask 2 Kaiser questions.
Original post by Tow
Wrong.

They can ask 2 Kaiser questions.

Ah okay aha, its unlikely though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending