The Student Room Group

AS OCR History: From Autocracy to Communism (Russia from 1894-1941)

The exam is 20/05/2015.

Who else is doing this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Reply 2
I am! Absolutely terrified for it
Has anyone's teacher predicted anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing this exam too! :h:

The power struggle has only ever come up once before, and 1917 Revolutions and the Civil War are often popular :smile: I don't think there was anything on the Tsar last year so that could come up too.
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm doing this exam too! :h:

The power struggle has only ever come up once before, and 1917 Revolutions and the Civil War are often popular :smile: I don't think there was anything on the Tsar last year so that could come up too.

My predictions:

Stalin's rise to power
How stable was Russia by 1914?
What were the causes of the February 1917 revolution

Last year it was Stalin's economic policies, 1917 October Revolution and Provisional Government's downfall, and how well did Lenin face his problems from 1917-24.
1905 will be probably as well, actually.
I never learned key issue 6, so i really hope that one doesn't come up so I can chose...
Original post by JennyWoodie
I never learned key issue 6, so i really hope that one doesn't come up so I can chose...

Key issue 6 is Stalin's economic policies in the 1930's. Apparently they've had that question in 2013 and 2014. Unlikely for it to show in 2015, then
What are the key issues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time to do some calculations.

May 2014:

Assess the reasons why the Provisional Government was unable to survive in 1917.
How successfully did Lenin deal with the problems he faced in the period following Bolshevik revolution in 1917 to 1924?
Assess the impact of Stalin's economic policies in the 1930s.

May 2013:

To what extent was Nicholas II able to restore his authority from 1905 to 1914?
Assess the reasons for the victory of the Red Army in the Russian Civil War.
'Stalin's economic policies in the 1930s were a failure: How far do you agree?

January 2013:

How far were economic problems the main cause of the opposition to Tsar Nicholas II from 1894 to 1914?
Assess the reasons why the overthrow of the Tsar in March 1917 was followed by a second revolution in November 1917.
Assess the reasons for Stalin's consolidation of power.

June 2012

How effectively did Tsar Nicholas II deal with the problems he faced from 1894 to 1914?
Assess the reasons why Lenin and the Bolsheviks were able to seize power in October 1917.
'The weaknesses of their enemies were the main reason for the Bolshevik victory in the Russian Civil War: How far do you agree?

Summary

In the past two exams, Stalin's economic policies have been asked.
Stalin's rise to power has only been asked once, in January 2013.
The 1905 revolution and Bloody Sunday/October Manifesto hasn't showed up yet.
The period between 1894/1905-1914, and how successful the Tsar was in handling his issues has been asked 3 times in the past 4 exams.
Exam tomorrow. All prepared?
Hi does anyone know the problems to talk about for 'How effectively did Lenin deal with the problems he faced between 1917 and 1924?'
I'm resitting Russia so haven't studied it in a year!
Reply 13
I have no idea what I'm doing for this exam.... xD
Original post by NimaOP
Time to do some calculations.

May 2014:

Assess the reasons why the Provisional Government was unable to survive in 1917.
How successfully did Lenin deal with the problems he faced in the period following Bolshevik revolution in 1917 to 1924?
Assess the impact of Stalin's economic policies in the 1930s.

May 2013:

To what extent was Nicholas II able to restore his authority from 1905 to 1914?
Assess the reasons for the victory of the Red Army in the Russian Civil War.
'Stalin's economic policies in the 1930s were a failure: How far do you agree?

January 2013:

How far were economic problems the main cause of the opposition to Tsar Nicholas II from 1894 to 1914?
Assess the reasons why the overthrow of the Tsar in March 1917 was followed by a second revolution in November 1917.
Assess the reasons for Stalin's consolidation of power.

June 2012

How effectively did Tsar Nicholas II deal with the problems he faced from 1894 to 1914?
Assess the reasons why Lenin and the Bolsheviks were able to seize power in October 1917.
'The weaknesses of their enemies were the main reason for the Bolshevik victory in the Russian Civil War: How far do you agree?

Summary

In the past two exams, Stalin's economic policies have been asked.
Stalin's rise to power has only been asked once, in January 2013.
The 1905 revolution and Bloody Sunday/October Manifesto hasn't showed up yet.
The period between 1894/1905-1914, and how successful the Tsar was in handling his issues has been asked 3 times in the past 4 exams.

There have been questions on the 1905 Revolution asked before I think :yes:
Reply 15
i found really good summary flashcards in a powerpoint if anyone wants them?
Original post by x_Becky_x
Hi does anyone know the problems to talk about for 'How effectively did Lenin deal with the problems he faced between 1917 and 1924?'
I'm resitting Russia so haven't studied it in a year!

exact question came up last year, won't return, probably.
Original post by Gingerbread101
There have been questions on the 1905 Revolution asked before I think :yes:

yep! usually 1905 questions ask how successfully was the tsar in dealing with the problems between 1894-1905, rather than asking the reasons for the 1905 revolution.

but anything can happen.
Original post by crepole
i found really good summary flashcards in a powerpoint if anyone wants them?

yes please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending