The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Spanish Unit 2 Tuesday 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by LN239
Yay!
1) He said he felt more prepared aswell and something about starting the car.

Which 4 did you tick for question 2? Los carriles - out of curiosity

Answers were A, C, D and H. Hopefully this question also went well for you. :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Smeggo
Answers were A, C, D and H. Hopefully this question also went well for you. :smile:

Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.

What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.
I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha
i wrote about really basic stuff in my essay like cleaning beach and cooking for homeless, do you think I will get lower mark for lack of imagination/ higher vocab or something?
Original post by LN239
Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.

What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.
I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha

I think c and D were that the Asuncion is a problem or something like that and he explains the timings of it and I think H may have been he has to tell others how to use it or something like that, correct me if im wrong but that's just from my memory
Reply 64
Original post by kellyreed
i wrote about really basic stuff in my essay like cleaning beach and cooking for homeless, do you think I will get lower mark for lack of imagination/ higher vocab or something?

I don't think so as that's good content which is fine, you explained what you did :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by LN239
Ooo no, I can't remember what C, D and H were (do you?) but i definitely didn't tick A.What made you tick that it was in the open air? I didn't understand that at all.I actually thought they were trying to catch me out as they mentioned the centre of the a working city haha
The woman talked about the speech being in a plaza, so that means it was outdoors and in open air.
C was talking about how traffic is a problem
D asked if they explained about the dates when the bike lanes would be built
H asked if the residents would be informed on how the bike lanes work
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Smeggo
The woman talked about the speech being in a plaza, so that means it was outdoors and in open air.
C was talking about how traffic is a problem
D asked if they explained about the dates when the bike lanes would be built
H asked if the residents would be informed on how the bike lanes work

Wow, loooool oh no how embarrassing - I was lit so confused.
Got 3/4 then. Thank you for sharing what you put down by the way!
Reply 67
Original post by LN239
Wow, loooool oh no how embarrassing - I was lit so confused.
Got 3/4 then. Thank you for sharing what you put down by the way!

No problem, glad I could help :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Smeggo
No problem, glad I could help :smile:

Sorry, last question - feel like I'm bombarding you.
Did we have to follow the particular stimulus for the essay question as i didn't really read it carefully because i was running out of time and started writing!
Reply 69
Original post by LN239
Sorry, last question - feel like I'm bombarding you.
Did we have to follow the particular stimulus for the essay question as i didn't really read it carefully because i was running out of time and started writing!

Pretty sure we didn't have to, at least it didn't say you had to.
Markscheme (my opinion):
Q1 - listening
Kids didn't go to school previously
Different aged pupils
2 activities at once
His father can't read

Q2 - listening
reunión
dificil
nadie
iré

Q3 - listening
Talk took place outdoors
Traffic is a problem in the region
He mentioned how long it would take
It is necessary to tell residents how the new system will work

Q4 - listening
6 drivers finished ahead of him
Feels well prepared, more experienced than previously, confident, can't wait for season to begin
Mexico haven't had an F1 driver for a long time, F1 is popular in mexico
Everyone called Carlos has that nickname
His early years in F1 were difficult
Young drivers have to work hard every day

Q1 - reading
can't quite remember this one, it was about illnesses, was pretty obvious from what i remember

Q2 - reading
Either left or right foot vibrates helping to direct the person towards their destination
A bag which charges mobile phones using solar energy (there were other options for this one)
Its important to keep the technology hidden/discrete in the design of the product
USA is good for inventors because there are professionals out there solely dedicated to inventions
He gives them the opportunity to go to the USA and pitch ideas to investors (guessed the investors bit)

Q3 - reading
figure referred to unemployment amongst 25 year olds
Struggled with this one - i put qualifications help you avoid the dole and avoid social exclusion
These courses are good for young people because they can earn a salary and they get a qualification
Some companies prefer a certain course because they don't have to pay the young people a salary
Over 25s won't benefit once economy improves
Scheme introduced because it was successful in Germany
Companies need to work together so they can reap the benefits of these training schemes

I normally do well on listening and reading section, but don't put too much trust in this
Original post by BrianPeppers
Markscheme (my opinion):
Q1 - listening
Kids didn't go to school previously
Different aged pupils
2 activities at once
His father can't read

Q2 - listening
reunión
dificil
nadie
iré

Q3 - listening
Talk took place outdoors
Traffic is a problem in the region
He mentioned how long it would take
It is necessary to tell residents how the new system will work

Q4 - listening
6 drivers finished ahead of him
Feels well prepared, more experienced than previously, confident, can't wait for season to begin
Mexico haven't had an F1 driver for a long time, F1 is popular in mexico
Everyone called Carlos has that nickname
His early years in F1 were difficult
Young drivers have to work hard every day

Q1 - reading
can't quite remember this one, it was about illnesses, was pretty obvious from what i remember

Q2 - reading
Either left or right foot vibrates helping to direct the person towards their destination
A bag which charges mobile phones using solar energy (there were other options for this one)
Its important to keep the technology hidden/discrete in the design of the product
USA is good for inventors because there are professionals out there solely dedicated to inventions
He gives them the opportunity to go to the USA and pitch ideas to investors (guessed the investors bit)

Q3 - reading
figure referred to unemployment amongst 25 year olds
Struggled with this one - i put qualifications help you avoid the dole and avoid social exclusion
These courses are good for young people because they can earn a salary and they get a qualification
Some companies prefer a certain course because they don't have to pay the young people a salary
Over 25s won't benefit once economy improves
Scheme introduced because it was successful in Germany
Companies need to work together so they can reap the benefits of these training schemes

I normally do well on listening and reading section, but don't put too much trust in this

I got the exact same :biggrin:
I could have sworn it was a worldwide journey that he had planned....
What were the answers on Q1 on the reading? The one about illnesses? I think i got 10/20 on the listening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smeggo
How'd you guys find this exam? I found it quite easy, but that's because I'm fluent in Spanish. If you guys want to know any of the answers, feel free to ask me :smile:

For the writing, does it make sense to say 'quise aportar mi granito de arena?' The phrase is 'nuestro grano' not 'mi grano' so now I'm doubting if what I put works
Original post by rhiannaf
What were the answers on Q1 on the reading? The one about illnesses? I think i got 10/20 on the listening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roughly:
Flu - things have been put in place to help vulnerable people
Obesity - will cost more in the future
Fatigue - scientists don't know the causes, it can affect the mind too
Forgotten the fourth one :tongue:
Original post by uncommonsensing
Roughly:
Flu - things have been put in place to help vulnerable people
Obesity - will cost more in the future
Fatigue - scientists don't know the causes, it can affect the mind too
Forgotten the fourth one :tongue:

Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by uncommonsensing
For the writing, does it make sense to say 'quise aportar mi granito de arena?' The phrase is 'nuestro grano' not 'mi grano' so now I'm doubting if what I put works

Don't worry, still makes sense.

Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?Posted from TSR Mobile

Answers to the first reading were:
C - Fatigue
B - Obesity
C - Fatigue
A - Gripe
D - Infections
Thankyou! Wasn't the last one washing hands?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's it!
Original post by Smeggo
Don't worry, still makes sense.

Answers to the first reading were:
C - Fatigue
B - Obesity
C - Fatigue
A - Gripe
D - Infections

Thankyou for putting this up. I think i got them all right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending