The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelc142
Just to let you all know the G481 paper was THE HARDEST I've ever seen. if its any sort of benchmark we are in for tough ocr exams this year.

Was it today??

Worse than last year?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Was it today??

Worse than last year?

yes this morning
yes, much worse
I would not have passed it had I sat it as an AS student. Felt like an A2 paper. Not complex content, just oddly worded questions and tricks EVERYWHERE to try and catch you out. Was also extremely rushed for time. I finished on the dot of when they said to stop writing and it was only 8 questions.
I'm very confident I've done well, hoping for 80+ ums but I could recognise how difficult it was. The AS class felt awful about it and I felt so sorry for them.
yes this morning
yes, much worse
I would not have passed it had I sat it as an AS student. Felt like an A2 paper. Not complex content, just oddly worded questions and tricks EVERYWHERE to try and catch you out. Was also extremely rushed for time. I finished on the dot of when they said to stop writing and it was only 8 questions.
I'm very confident I've done well, hoping for 80+ ums but I could recognise how difficult it was. The AS class felt awful about it and I felt so sorry for them.

Oh god, hello low boundaries
yes this morning
yes, much worse

Can't wait for ours

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes this morning
yes, much worse

I hate the way you get so many 2 markers now where there is almost certainly some crap to catch you out, at the very least with a unit; then when you do legacy papers they spray marks at you.
Original post by chem@uni
Oh wow think you can do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm trying my best, hopefully I will be able to :C

Mechanical Engineering
yes this morning
yes, much worse

I do wonder why G484 has an extra 15mins for the same number of marks as G481....
Hey guys, so far all the G484 papers and the G485 papers were OK, not too hard. You know what is hard? Try the G484 and the G485 specimen papers. The thought of being good at physics turns to, "Why am I so crap at physics?".
Oh god, hello low boundaries

yep.. I'm calling 40 for an A
after looking at the unofficial markscheme on here I think I got around 51, 53 max

Original post by chem@uni
Can't wait for ours

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahah.. I am soooooo scared tbh

Original post by ForgottenApple
I hate the way you get so many 2 markers now where there is almost certainly some crap to catch you out, at the very least with a unit; then when you do legacy papers they spray marks at you.

I know, this paper was honestly full of tricks
like I said, none of it was REALLY DIFFICULT content or maths wise, it was just being able to spot what to do, and just weird questions like I've never seen before on any former paper.

Original post by randlemcmurphy
I do wonder why G484 has an extra 15mins for the same number of marks as G481....

Yeah. A mark a minute for the paper I sat this morning was a very tall order. 45 minutes had passed and I was only on question 5 out of 8. Hello scribbles.
Reply 250
What the ****, I got 4 marks lower when I redid the June 14 mock. Wtf is wrong with me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elcor
What the ****, I got 4 marks lower when I redid the June 14 mock. Wtf is wrong with me?
It is quite tricky tbh like the first question I didn't tick total energy conserved for both then at the end I just realised and I'm like, "You fool" went back and fixed it :tongue:
Original post by Elcor

Where did you get the paper?

What did you get this time
Reply 253

Teacher printed it

Went from 50 to 46.
You guys want the June 2014 G484 paper? Here it is with the mark scheme :biggrin:
You should've already got it...

If you want it I can send it.

Actually never mind someone else posted it.

Have fun on that Somerville question!

How is revision?
Hey guys, new to this thread, Hoping to get an A in physics this year, will need above 83 in both units cause I messed up my practical, I've done 3 papers so far and have scored 90,78 and 82 respectively, what are you guys doing to improve apart from past papers? My school gave me some old sylabus questions and AQA questions that are quite similar. How did G481 go this morning? I'm reading on this thread that it was difficult, but a friend of mine who is resitting told me it was quite average straightforward, will ask the other kids tomorrow, good luck guys.
Original post by sagar448
Hey guys, so far all the G484 papers and the G485 papers were OK, not too hard. You know what is hard? Try the G484 and the G485 specimen papers. The thought of being good at physics turns to, "Why am I so crap at physics?".

which paper you looking at?

g484 specimen was cake.

g484 june 2014 was difficult mainly just last question but it is what it is srs
Original post by Elcor
Teacher printed it

Went from 50 to 46.

I think that was my mock in January actually
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
If you want it I can send it.

Actually never mind someone else posted it.

Have fun on that Somerville question!

How is revision?

Was that the one about air pressure in mountains? Lol

Revision good

F324: consistent (I've done about 5 papers)
F325: consistent (done 4 I think)
G484: consistent (done a few)
G485: only done 2 but both 90+

French... Haven't done anything, gonna fail but that's fine, can get an e in paper and still get a I think overall

Maths, got A*s in the mocks we did so should be fine!

I might try for French but it's same day as f325 so meh
Can anyone help me with January 2011 Question 3c) ? I have no idea how to do it

Latest

Trending

Trending