The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

whats the mark for B and C normally for Econ2?
Original post by ozzie2
I just did a process of elimination and was left with house prices. Didn't understand why and don't care :smile:

Did the same - it makes sense as mortgages cost more therefore less demand for houses therefore price goes down
Original post by yoman1109
whats the mark for B and C normally for Econ2?

B normally just below 50
Original post by BBeyond
Easiest paper for a long time, I'd expect high boundaries.

Agree!

Feel sorry for anyone doing context 2 that didn't just compare inflation and growth
Original post by RJM1997
Did the same - it makes sense as mortgages cost more therefore less demand for houses therefore price goes down

Oh wow didn't make that link, wasn't thinking properly, just put that as it was the only remaining one :biggrin:
Original post by RJM1997
Agree!

Feel sorry for anyone doing context 2 that didn't just compare inflation and growth

yeah true that actually, that may have caught people out
Original post by BBeyond
yeah true that actually, that may have caught people out

For the MCQ on current account, it confused me.

I originally put all transfers involving money, then changed it to exports imports investment or something
Original post by ozzie2
Oh wow didn't make that link, wasn't thinking properly, just put that as it was the only remaining one :biggrin:

House prices was correct, they recycled the quesion from the jan 11 paper
in the context 2 25marker, I spoke about the gov creating non inflationary econ growth through demand and supply side policies resulting in increase economic growth and controlled inflationary pressures (stable prices objectives) : evaluated inflation can only be controlled to an extent as it will always occur if AD increases.
then said full employment and explained how that would occur then said however cost push inflation will occur due to workers demanding higher wages.
talked a but briefly about BOP and drew graphs for all my points

evaluated by stating in the long run inflation is inevitable and cannot be avoided but controlled. and supply side policies is how to achieve this. all objectives are conflicting therefore there will always be a trade off between objectives that government will have to make.
Original post by jennifer.tariah
in the context 2 25marker, I spoke about the gov creating non inflationary econ growth through demand and supply side policies resulting in increase economic growth and controlled inflationary pressures (stable prices objectives) : evaluated inflation can only be controlled to an extent as it will always occur if AD increases.
then said full employment and explained how that would occur then said however cost push inflation will occur due to workers demanding higher wages.
talked a but briefly about BOP and drew graphs for all my points

evaluated by stating in the long run inflation is inevitable and cannot be avoided but controlled. and supply side policies is how to achieve this. all objectives are conflicting therefore there will always be a trade off between objectives that government will have to make.

Did similar! I also evaluated by saying that if productivity rises faster than AD, there will be unemployment
Reply 730
Original post by Buses
wth how do you remember that

Photographic memory
Original post by RJM1997
Agree!

seriously? isn't that what was meant to be done in question 6?

i hate essays, i have never been good in them and my teacher always focused on multiple choices and data significance questions which was completely useless to me, i felt like i wasted at least half a year
Original post by mattsexams
House prices was correct, they recycled the quesion from the jan 11 paper

Damn didn't do that paper, as it wasn't on AQA website and couldn't be bothered finding it, were any others recycled?
I answered the multiple choice in pencil would this be an issue ?
Original post by RJM1997
For the MCQ on current account, it confused me.

I originally put all transfers involving money, then changed it to exports imports investment or something

C - Trade in goods and services, investment incomes and transfers.
D - Transfers involving money in and out of the economy.

I put C because D threw me off as it sounds a bit like Circular Flow rather than BoP but I have regrets.
I answered the multiple choice in pencil, would this be an issue ?
Original post by stevieg135
I answered the multiple choice in pencil, would this be an issue ?

probably not, it's computer scanned so as long as it was filled in properly i don't think it would make a difference if you answered in pink
Original post by RJM1997
Did similar! I also evaluated by saying that if productivity rises faster than AD, there will be unemployment

oh no, I didn't think of that. I explained how gov could increase employment... I said gov should invest in infrastructure to decrease factor immobility and used HS2 as an example leading to decreased unemployment.

although I had like 40mins for my 25marker, time management was still a problem for me.

I hope I can secure around 60Marks.
Reply 738
for context 2 12 marker i did:
definition of investment and 'rate of growth' (economic growth)
said how in short term investment increases AD, creates short term economic growth as increased RNO
said how in long term invesment could possibly lead to innovation, better tech/machinery etc so increase in productive potential of economy (showed this on ad/as diagram shifting lras right) then y1 to y2 being increase in potential, again increased economic growth as more RNO

hows this?
Original post by SotonianOne
probably not, it's computer scanned so as long as it was filled in properly i don't think it would make a difference if you answered in pink

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending