The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzie2
Damn didn't do that paper, as it wasn't on AQA website and couldn't be bothered finding it, were any others recycled?

I counted around 6 recycled questions which I remembered
Original post by Jupers
for context 2 12 marker i did:
definition of investment and 'rate of growth' (economic growth)
said how in short term investment increases AD, creates short term economic growth as increased RNO
said how in long term invesment could possibly lead to innovation, better tech/machinery etc so increase in productive potential of economy (showed this on ad/as diagram shifting lras right) then y1 to y2 being increase in potential, again increased economic growth as more RNO

hows this?

also saying multiplier effect will gain you more marks probably
Original post by SotonianOne
C - Trade in goods and services, investment incomes and transfers.
D - Transfers involving money in and out of the economy.

I put C because D threw me off as it sounds a bit like Circular Flow rather than BoP but I have regrets.

I also put C

I put C because D threw me off as it sounds a bit like Circular Flow rather than BoP but I have regrets.

D would have been incorrect as the total money thing would mean the current account and the capital account. We didn't have to know the capital account for our AS though.

Circular flow is about money into and out of the country, as well as how the money travels within the economy, while D would be only about how it flees and enters.
what were you supposed to write for the context 1 25 marker? I don't know if I wrote about the right thing as i didnt include any policies!!!! Also is there a unit 1 unofficial mark scheme anywhere yet?
Reply 745
MCQ threw me a bit due to there being lots of groupings of the same letter.
Original post by Jupers
for context 2 12 marker i did:
definition of investment and 'rate of growth' (economic growth)
said how in short term investment increases AD, creates short term economic growth as increased RNO
said how in long term invesment could possibly lead to innovation, better tech/machinery etc so increase in productive potential of economy (showed this on ad/as diagram shifting lras right) then y1 to y2 being increase in potential, again increased economic growth as more RNO

hows this?

I did similar. spoke about how investment was a component of ad meaning an increase in investment. would shift ad outwards.
spoke about capital investment increases > productivity > output increases > LRAS increases > economic growth
Can anyone remember context two question 08??? What was it again? The Britain one?

Were we supposed to relate greatly to the UK and the three extracts, or could we just talk in general?

I simply stated how conflicts can arise and can be solved (so pro and against) in between econ growth and keeping pollution and inflation down (gov objectives), and how income redistribution (a government objective of some countries) may conflict with econ growth too.

I only stated two things from the extracts at the end of the exam in passing just when I realised what the question really was about ....

Please, some feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by stevieg135
I answered the multiple choice in pencil, would this be an issue ?

They will probs realise you must have done something like that when they scan it and it comes up with 0 so they will probably check it, but did you not do the first exam or did you do pencil for both? (You might want to call up the exam board or tell your exam person in school about it)

Original post by jennifer.tariah
I counted around 6 recycled questions which I remembered

Damn, some I might have done though, and subconsciously knew the answers :biggrin:
Original post by jennifer.tariah
I did similar. spoke about how investment was a component of ad meaning an increase in investment. would shift ad outwards.
spoke about capital investment increases > productivity > output increases > LRAS increases > economic growth

I did state that there would an increase in the industrial capacity of the economy, but I used a graph showing the trend and current growth, and how investment tends to increase trend growth, making it harder for current growth to reach it or surpass it and thus cause demand-pull inflation. I did say that in the short term it's also part of aggregate demand so it improves the economy that way too, not only in the long run with less inflationary pressure, etc.

What do you think? =o
Original post by ozzie2
They will probs realise you must have done something like that when they scan it and it comes up with 0 so they will probably check it, but did you not do the first exam or did you do pencil for both? (You might want to call up the exam board or tell your exam person in school about it)

Damn, some I might have done though, and subconsciously knew the answers :biggrin:

SCAN IT???

I was told to cross over those that I have mistaken!! A scanner is very unlikely to realise that! Damn
Also, didn't anyone else notice that the multiple choice had a couple questions that could have been answered by a couple answers?? The questions were at times too ambiguous to be sure of your reply...

What did you guys choose for an increase in the currency value? Fall in aggregate supply and increase in aggregate demand, right??
Anyone got the paper?
Original post by Caius Filimon G
Also, didn't anyone else notice that the multiple choice had a couple questions that could have been answered by a couple answers?? The questions were at times too ambiguous to be sure of your reply...

What did you guys choose for an increase in the currency value? Fall in aggregate supply and increase in aggregate demand, right??

was that the graph question? i thought it said appreciation...
SCAN IT???

I was told to cross over those that I have mistaken!! A scanner is very unlikely to realise that! Damn

Yeah they scan it to save time and stuff, all that economies of scale stuff :biggrin:

There were instructions on the back and it says to cross over the wrong answer...

I put C as well like many others because that's what the Balance of payments is
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BBeyond
was that the graph question? i thought it said appreciation...

Yup.

Appreciation of a currency = increase in the currency's value on the world market
seriously? isn't that what was meant to be done in question 6?

i hate essays, i have never been good in them and my teacher always focused on multiple choices and data significance questions which was completely useless to me, i felt like i wasted at least half a year

Yeah there were 4 columns, you had to talk about growth and inflation, not the others :/
Can anyone remember context two question 08??? What was it again? The Britain one?

Were we supposed to relate greatly to the UK and the three extracts, or could we just talk in general?

I simply stated how conflicts can arise and can be solved (so pro and against) in between econ growth and keeping pollution and inflation down (gov objectives), and how income redistribution (a government objective of some countries) may conflict with econ growth too.

I only stated two things from the extracts at the end of the exam in passing just when I realised what the question really was about ....

Please, some feedback would be greatly appreciated!

The Extracts guided you as to which direction your answer should take - it mentioned unbalanced growth (e.g. growth based on consumption), lack of productivity and therefore perhaps the necessity of supply side policies, the situations when inflation might emerge. So you don't by any means have to refer to what the Extract was telling you, a variety of approaches would be acceptable, but as long as you followed the clues in the Extract and your own knowledge you probably couldn't go wrong.
Yup.

Appreciation of a currency = increase in the currency's value on the world market

if currency appreciates then AD falls and SRAS shifts right, so the answer was c?
Original post by ozzie2
Yeah they scan it to save time and stuff, all that economies of scale stuff :biggrin:

I put C as well like many others because that's what the Balance of payments is

Heh =P

So then, will they know if I crossed something out?

I suppose the computer would detect the anomaly and have an examiner check the actual answer, which would be the one that isn't crossed? Lol :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending