The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Exam predictions 19th May

Scroll to see replies

The last question on water on land was terrible. What case study did u use, I used keyhaven, hope its right
Ahh I put shield too! The picture did look faily flat though...maybe they'll allow either as long as you label correctly?
What was the 8 marker on living world
Original post by hannah4475
Ahh I put shield too! The picture did look faily flat though...maybe they'll allow either as long as you label correctly?

yeah they probably will
Original post by SmashedIt
yeah they probably will

Th volcano is a shield:smile:
I totally blanked on the last question oncoasts and wrote god knows what
Reply 105
so glad supervolcanoes came up, anyone else?:biggrin:
Original post by Positivedani

lol. i messed up on that too, which case study did u use?
Reply 107
That was vile

Me too - they confused me by asking about conflicts with other groups!
lol. i messed up on that too, which case study did u use?

I would have used Keyhaven but Our teacher wasnt there on that lesson so ai talked about Holderness.
And what was withh all te shape questions?!
Reply 110
Original post by ozmo19
Went quite well today in my opinion. Think I might have got around 57 so hopefully good boundaries!
I did Restless Earth, Living World and Water On Land
The 8 mark for WOL was terrible - transportation changes were tough for me

Trust me. I was hoping for around 57 but that 8 marker killed me. Probs going to get around 53. Hopefully the grade boundaries stay around 49 (last year's).
Original post by hamiel
so glad supervolcanoes came up, anyone else?:biggrin:

i am too. Before the exam everyone knew there would be a lot on volcanoes and the whole section was on volcanoes except the first question on oceanic crust
Reply 112
Is it bad that i have actually stood on that volcano and didn't know whether to put shield or composite? I put shield in the end though :biggrin:
Reply 113
i am too. Before the exam everyone knew there would be a lot on volcanoes and the whole section was on volcanoes except the first question on oceanic crust

yeah, so glad i came on here an hour before the exam. I was stressing about formation of composite volcanoes but it didn't come up thank god
I would have used Keyhaven but Our teacher wasnt there on that lesson so ai talked about Holderness.
And what was withh all te shape questions?!

i thought holderness was a case study for coastal erosion. yeah the shape questions were weird. I wrote the shape of the super volcano was irregular and covered a large area, didnt know what to write. for the other shape one (if you did the same question), i wrote the reservoir is long, narrow at the start and then becomes wider
Original post by AAls
Trust me. I was hoping for around 57 but that 8 marker killed me. Probs going to get around 53. Hopefully the grade boundaries stay around 49 (last year's).

Restless earth went well, as long as it was shield. I mixed up where the processes occur on the last question. I said it back to front. Solution at upper, traction lower. But I will hoepfuly get 4 for deposition part. Thinking I mightn't have even got 53 now
Original post by AAls

Original post by Rabbanim

Using a case study, describe the ways Temperate Deciduous Woodland is managed.
The last question on water on land was terrible. What case study did u use, I used keyhaven, hope its right

Do you mean coasts? because if so yes Keyhaven

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending