The Student Room Group

The new iPhone 6S rumours...

So the rumours are,

2GB RAM and the new A9 chip (finally a RAM upgrade, long due despite the great optimisation), 12MP camera, Force Touch (the major selling point), the same 4.7 and 5.5 inch displays and designs as the 6's and a new microphone added next to the speaker.

Do you guys think this will justify an upgrade from the 5S (I have 5), for those of you on contract? Lets hope these rumours turn out to be true anyway...
Original post by TheKevinFang

Do you guys think this will justify an upgrade from the 5S (I have 5)

Do you have an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 5 or do you have 5 iPhone 5S'
Just the 5, so will definitely upgrade; but my question was directed at those who plan to upgrade to the 6S from the 5S.
I think with most high end smartphones these days, the market has become pretty dull but this was bound to happen. The law of diminishing returns has lessened the value that an upgrade proposes to the end user and consumers just don't feel as interested anymore. Mobile is pretty much played out now to me. The returns on investment for these companies is going to start declining now that the market is so saturated and potential growth areas like China are slowing down. We already see with Samsung, HTC and Sony that the market for smartphones is really faulting. Only Apple, LG and the Chinese OEMs are showing growth in the space. Smartphones are really commoditised now and have run out of tricks that defined the early years of the space. The real growth period for smartphones and tablets has tailed off and become muted,
2GB will be the main selling point for me.

I was going to get a 6 Plus. But 1GB of RAM on a £600.00 phone is a joke.
Reply 5
Original post by Camoxide
2GB will be the main selling point for me.

I was going to get a 6 Plus. But 1GB of RAM on a £600.00 phone is a joke.

I dunno, I think Apple do a great job at hiding the limitations you'd expect from only 1GB of RAM. I'm not sure I'd even notice if the iPhone 7 had 2GB.
Original post by estel
I dunno, I think Apple do a great job at hiding the limitations you'd expect from only 1GB of RAM. I'm not sure I'd even notice if the iPhone 7 had 2GB.

True, however knowing the buttery smooth performance of the miniscule 1GB RAM, I do think that the upgraded RAM will really make the 6S a powerhouse, as even 1GB RAM can compete with the 3GB RAM that Android's are offering as of now.
Original post by estel

I notice it on my iPhone 5 with the safari refresh and apps reloading.
It's apparently worse o the 6 Plus due to the resolution of the screen.
Reply 8
Lol I find it funny how Apple users get excited for technology from years ago appearing in the next iteration of their smartphones.
Original post by Camoxide
I notice it on my iPhone 5 with the safari refresh and apps reloading.
It's apparently worse o the 6 Plus due to the resolution of the screen.

It's not worse.
I always think the first gen in a series is the better value i.e. the 5 over 5S, the 6 over the 6S. The S never delivers anything significant and by the time the next version comes along in a year, the S design is outdated. So get the 6 and you'll have the latest looking iphone for 2 years, but get the 6S and in a year (or a few months, depending when you buy it) your phone looks last gen.

Yes, image is everything. Isn't that a key selling point of an iPhone?

Original post by EatAndRevise
It's not worse.

haha Mr Flappy hands in your sig

Love the show Steve
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending