The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RJM1997
Hehehehe

You'll find out soon enough that the Economics examiners are delightful compared to other subjects.

They try and give you marks, look at what you do well not what you do badly, and don't reserve full marks for perfect answers!

I'm very glad! Thank you for putting me more at ease!
Original post by BzRMonkeh
Anyone else put the Extract F Line 8 about "unless productivity increases...ect."

Yes, I referenced both extract's, because they both talked about productivity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I couldnt get a good mark already after reading the comments here. Guess i should resit it next year. Today is not my day.. very upset right now! AND ITS RAINING ASWELL!!!
Original post by BzRMonkeh
Anyone else put the Extract F Line 8 about "unless productivity increases...ect."

Yep that was relevant to aid non-inflationary economic growth and also perhaps to make the UK more competitive on the international arena (improve BofP etc etc)
Original post by SotonianOne
C - Trade in goods and services, investment incomes and transfers.
D - Transfers involving money in and out of the economy.

I put C because D threw me off as it sounds a bit like Circular Flow rather than BoP but I have regrets.

to the contrary, my friend put D because the "incomes" in investment seemed off to them as investment goes two ways.
Original post by yoman1109
I feel like I couldnt get a good mark already after reading the comments here. Guess i should resit it next year. Today is not my day.. very upset right now! AND ITS RAINING ASWELL!!!

Don't get worried about things on here.
The mark scheme gives you the freedom to talk about a lot or different things, not everyone has to write the same.

Was hailing and I had to walk home, I know the feels :frown:
Reply 806
I'm getting worried for context 2 25 marker, I talked about how monetary, fiscal and supply side policies would help reduce the conflicts of unemployment, BOP and employment and inflation and how productivity and AD will help. Did anyone else do that. Was i correct to write about the policies???????

Pls reply!!
Original post by yoman1109

Me and you both D;

Had my eye on a uni ever since I was 14, and if I don't get full As on my 5 A levels this year, I'll have to go through a gap year next year... maybe go into the army reserves and pick up a couple more a levels to teach myself.

Because if you plan to go on to uni, you won't be able to retake the exams before summer anymore (I think). The uni will have to base its offers more or less solely on the teachers' predictions, and good universities have stopped giving too much of a hoot on the predictions, as they've been proven to be a bit untrue in the last few years (or so told me a geography department head teacher).

So, really, even if you're predicted an A*** on your A-levels, if you got Cs in your AS levels no uni will take you. So you'll have to go through a gap year as the A level grades would not be out until a couple weeks before the end of the summer vacation, time in which you might just as well retake your AS levels because why not.

And unless you do something great with your gap year, you chances of getting into a top or semi-top uni are slashed.
Original post by RJM1997
Don't get worried about things on here.
The mark scheme gives you the freedom to talk about a lot or different things, not everyone has to write the same.

Was hailing and I had to walk home, I know the feels :frown:

lol same here, feels like the gods are crying for me right now
Can someone please give me a predicted mark for context 1 12 marker?

I defined intrest rates and output

i drew a AS/AD diagram with a leftward shift of the AD curve

I wrote a rise in interest rate will increase the reward for saving and increase the cost of borrowing. This will therefore increase the incentive to save and decrease the incentive to borrow. This will increase the savings ratio and therefore causing a fall in expenditure, lowering AD and causing it to fall. This will therefore cause households income to fall and since houses are an asset, i rise in income encourages people to buy new houses therefore this fall in income will cause a smaller demand for housing. This will reduce the derived demand for labour in the construction industry and cause a rise in unemployment of the industry.

If anyone has an idea what this is worth please comment.
Original post by Caius Filimon G
Me and you both D;

Had my eye on a uni ever since I was 14, and if I don't get full As on my 5 A levels this year, I'll have to go through a gap year next year... maybe go into the army reserves and pick up a couple more a levels to teach myself.

Because if you plan to go on to uni, you won't be able to retake the exams before summer anymore (I think). The uni will have to base its offers more or less solely on the teachers' predictions, and good universities have stopped giving too much of a hoot on the predictions, as they've been proven to be a bit untrue in the last few years (or so told me a geography department head teacher).

So, really, even if you're predicted an A*** on your A-levels, if you got Cs in your AS levels no uni will take you. So you'll have to go through a gap year as the A level grades would not be out until a couple weeks before the end of the summer vacation, time in which you might just as well retake your AS levels because why not.

And unless you do something great with your gap year, you chances of getting into a top or semi-top uni are slashed.

But isn't it waste of time if i retake the whole AS again?
Original post by RJM1997
Who else threw in a reference to -0.1% inflation today? :biggrin:

Hahaha same! Slightly worried the examiners might not be as up to date as us :/ LOL
Original post by Caius Filimon G
Me and you both D;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we could resit next year with our A2s. It is the year after where AS are scrapped
Reply 813
Does anyone remember what the question was for context 2, 25 marker?
Original post by RJM1997
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we could resit next year with our A2s. It is the year after where AS are scrapped

yea that's what im thinking, retaking AS exams during A2.
Original post by al33m
Does anyone remember what the question was for context 2, 25 marker?

Assess how likely it is that the uk economy will grow without conflicting with the main objectives.
Reply 816
Original post by simonedmo
Can someone please give me a predicted mark for context 1 12 marker?

I defined intrest rates and output

i drew a AS/AD diagram with a leftward shift of the AD curve

I wrote a rise in interest rate will increase the reward for saving and increase the cost of borrowing. This will therefore increase the incentive to save and decrease the incentive to borrow. This will increase the savings ratio and therefore causing a fall in expenditure, lowering AD and causing it to fall. This will therefore cause households income to fall and since houses are an asset, i rise in income encourages people to buy new houses therefore this fall in income will cause a smaller demand for housing. This will reduce the derived demand for labour in the construction industry and cause a rise in unemployment of the industry.

If anyone has an idea what this is worth please comment.

I said exactly this but also mentioned the de-multiplier.
Original post by RJM1997

Indeed we could. However, as you know, the grades come back about two weeks before the end of the summer vacation, and uni sign-ups are to be done quite a while before that, nowadays according to your AS level grades rather than your predicted A level grade.

Even though, well, I do have little understanding of how the uni registration works, so I'm just going by what my pessimistic Geography teacher has told me.

I do not know if universities would completely ignore you and allow you the time to sign up until after you receive your A levels, but something tells me that highly contested universities tend to require you to sign up with your AS levels a while before the A level results come about. And only if your A level results are not what your offer was do you not go to uni.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 818
Original post by JBrns97

I wrote the same, you should get minimum 10
Original post by JBrns97

Any idea on what this is worth out of 12 then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending