The Student Room Group

GCSE SDME OCR geography 2015

just wondering what kind of preparation is everyone doing for the geography exam? Most of the questions use sources so are you still going to revise economic development section as normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just did the SDME and stupidly wrote option "c" instead of 3:frown:
do you guys think this matters
Reply 2
Original post by stark12
just did the SDME and stupidly wrote option "c" instead of 3:frown:
do you guys think this matters

Unless the examiner is a right ****, no
Reply 3
For the question which asked you to give an example of a secondary and tertiary work, would it matter if the example you gave was not the one in the booklet. Only worth 2 marks but would still be f****** annoying if they didnt
Reply 4
Original post by theRAV
For the question which asked you to give an example of a secondary and tertiary work, would it matter if the example you gave was not the one in the booklet. Only worth 2 marks but would still be f****** annoying if they didnt

Omg i literally did that exact same thingbut realised at the end so changed it and idk because at the top it said uses resources 1 and 2
Original post by theRAV

Don't worry I read it as what do these sectors do - so I put like

Secondary: manufacturing goods for retail
Tertiary: provides a service

So you probably got the mark regardless - I completely lost both :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by k8trees
Omg i literally did that exact same thingbut realised at the end so changed it and idk because at the top it said uses resources 1 and 2

Yeah i wished i looked more closely but even then surely they can't mark you wrong for something that is right!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by iamlucy
Don't worry I read it as what do these sectors do - so I put like

Secondary: manufacturing goods for retail
Tertiary: provides a service

So you probably got the mark regardless - I completely lost both :frown:

Its only 2 marks wont matter too much
Original post by theRAV
Its only 2 marks wont matter too much

Hmm but I don't think the rest of the paper went too well - do you know what the previous grade boundaries were?
Reply 9
Original post by iamlucy
Hmm but I don't think the rest of the paper went too well - do you know what the previous grade boundaries were?

A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

If theyre similar to that i'll be happy
Original post by theRAV
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Thank you!!

Personally reckon they will be lower - I think unlike previous years, the choice for the 16 marker wasn't clear cut. Usually when we have done a past paper, everyone has come out and all chosen the same, but there was a great deal of difference, so some people's points might not be strong enough for why an area is/isn't suitable (if that makes sense) :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by theRAV
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Wait whats that out of???
Reply 12
In the 16 marker i put in an example case study (sheffield meadowhall) because people were saying it might gain you extra marks does anyone know if this is true???
Did anyone think that paper was a lot tougher than last years? *pray for low grade boundaries*
Reply 14
Original post by theRAV
A* 29
A 25
B 21
C 17
D 13
E 11

Is the paper out of 60?? and 29 is A*
Reply 15
Original post by TheClassicsGeek
Did anyone think that paper was a lot tougher than last years? *pray for low grade boundaries*

how many marks fr an A* do you think??? and do you think you did well??
Original post by zk414

I know you weren't asking me - but I reckon 28 for an A* this year :smile:

And I personally think it went "meh" - final choice for 16 marker wasn't clear cut!

What about you?
Reply 17
Guys since the OCR SDME was on economic development, will the economic development case studies (eg Nike, coca-cola) come up in the key themes exam on the 3rd June? Please reply!
Original post by _JD_
Guys since the OCR SDME was on economic development, will the economic development case studies (eg Nike, coca-cola) come up in the key themes exam on the 3rd June? Please reply!

No - because that topic won't be coming up at all in the theme paper :smile:
Original post by zk414

Last year it was 29/40 for an A* so i'm hoping for low grade boundaries again this year! I thought It was ok I guess, no-one really revised because there didn't seem to be much you could do since Geography is basically common sense. Should probably do some revision for the key themes paper though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending