The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

how to solve this!! :s-smilie:
Original post by NickLCFC
The (R) papers are challenging but are nothing compared to Solomon papers :wink: They prepare you for the hard questions that are likely to come up

You do not need to do Solomon papers, past exams are a more realistic indication of what the exam will be like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Basically but ask me again on Thursday and I will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Need to brush up on definitions
I came across a trig question in the June 2014 paper and it said
"Solutions based entirely on graphical or numerical methods are not acceptable."
I was just wondering if that means you can't use the graph and can only use the CAST method.
What do you think?
You do not need to do Solomon papers, past exams are a more realistic indication of what the exam will be like

I've done normal past papers as well ofc, so I'm all good
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-for-you/students/updates/allegations-of-core-maths-1-c1-leaked-paper.html
This is on the official edexcel site about c1 paper leak, why not about c2? Is it because they don't know or because it's a lie?
I hope no one has an advantage of seeing any leaked papers, so unfair :frown:
Original post by alishahussain832
"Solutions based entirely on graphical or numerical methods are not acceptable."
I was just wondering if that means you can't use the graph and can only use the CAST method.
What do you think?

That means that you cannot draw an accurate graph and read off values or just plug numbers in until one works

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alishahussain832
What do you think?

****, is this for real? I've never bothered to learn the CAST method because I just use the graphs :u:
Original post by frozo123
Need to brush up on definitions

Yeah same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .JC.
Leaning towards dropping law of my 4 subjects, you?

out of what?
I have a couple of medicine offers
Reply 1010
i am so screwed for this exam, it's not even a joke
****, is this for real? I've never bothered to learn the CAST method because I just use the graphs :u:

Same. I am just so used to drawing a sketch of the graph and working it out that way. The cast method gets confusing if you are looking for values beyond 360 degrees.
I have not done any other papers (soloman, international, r etc. ) but I've completed all the c2 papers 2006-2014.. Is this enough or are other papers necessary?
That means that you cannot draw an accurate graph and read off values or just plug numbers in until one works

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you can draw a rough sketch? But not use like an accurate graph?
Or do you think it is best to avoid the graph and just use the cast method?
I just looked at the question, you can't use CAST or GRAPHS for that question. Here is the model solution (Q7);

https://e85afdd1ce02d2224940da7b2c3895ad3dff3d65.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYR202bUt5aTZFMUk/Edexcel%20C2%20-%20June%202014%20Model%20Answers%20by%20Arsey.pdf
Original post by marsbar135
I have not done any other papers (soloman, international, r etc. ) but I've completed all the c2 papers 2006-2014.. Is this enough or are other papers necessary?

Try and do harder ones (R/IAL/Solomon) this afternoon to prepare you for the odd harder question they might throw in tomorrow.
Reply 1016
Original post by kkboyk
Make them equal each other, then log both sides ao you'll have log(1/3)^x = log(2)^3x

then use the power law to put the x in front
so: xlog(1/3) = (3x)log2.

3xlog2 = 3log2 + xlog2
xlog(1/3) - xlog2 = 3log2
x[log(1/3) - log2] = 3log2

and then divide :biggrin:

Edit: I am using thw log to base 10 for those that may be confused about it.

"3xlog2 = 3log2 + xlog2" is this a log rule?? I didn't know you could do that?
For clarity. Numerical/graphical methods does not refer to cast or using graphs to generate other solutions. Graphical means you plot a graph e.g. if sin x =1/2 and you drew the line y=1/2 and the sine graph and then read off the intersections. Numerical means you used a method like newton rhapson or trial and error to find the solutions

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just looked at the question, you can't use CAST or GRAPHS for that question. Here is the model solution (Q7);

https://e85afdd1ce02d2224940da7b2c3895ad3dff3d65.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYR202bUt5aTZFMUk/Edexcel%20C2%20-%20June%202014%20Model%20Answers%20by%20Arsey.pdf

Thank you.
Reply 1019
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Try and do harder ones (R/IAL/Solomon) this afternoon to prepare you for the odd harder question they might throw in tomorrow.

You keep saying R/IAL but can you give me a link of where i can find these questions? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending