The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? 2015 A-level exam epic discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aash-na
i did this too! we did medical ethics (abortion), wbu? the question was a bit weird but i just answered it like it was saying we can't reject religious principles. I'm sure your exam went well! hallelujah we are done with AS philosophy!!

yeah i did abortion too :smile: that's how i answered it, and i literally evaluated everything i said cause that's what my teacher old us to do. I'm sure you did great as well! and thank God it's over :biggrin:
Original post by BioStudentx
I remember you. You want to go to Cambridge same as me. My prediction for me is around 55. I didn't realise K had strangeness so I lost 6 marks :s-smilie: What do you think you got :smile: ?

Around 60/70, 62-63/70 best case scenario. So hopefully still an A, just a low one :/ hoping to push it up with unit 2 because that's usually the easier module for me.
Original post by thechemistress
Around 60/70, 62-63/70 best case scenario. So hopefully still an A, just a low one :/ hoping to push it up with unit 2 because that's usually the easier module for me.

Wtf. People are predicting 51 for an A which means 60 is more than 90% UMS. You are complaining about nothing as per usual.
Wtf. People are predicting 51 for an A which means 60 is more than 90% UMS. You are complaining about nothing as per usual.

Yes, but that's assuming I've got everything right which I probably haven't :lol: so it's probably going to be 30/70
Yes, but that's assuming I've got everything right which I probably haven't :lol: so it's probably going to be 30/70

Yeah yeah yeah. You know full well you got close to full UMS. 55 for an A last year and 60 would have got you bang on 90%. 50 roughly for an A this year so 60 will get you high 90s.
Yeah yeah yeah. You know full well you got close to full UMS. 55 for an A last year and 60 would have got you bang on 90%. 50 roughly for an A this year so 60 will get you high 90s.

Trust me when I say I know I've done badly. I came out of the exam in tears, I did ****. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, okay?
Trust me when I say I know I've done badly. I came out of the exam in tears, I did ****. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, okay?

You haven't done badly though have you. Like you said 60/70. I also came out of the exam in tears to be fair because I realised that K has strangeness. 60/70 gets you almost full UMS. You should be happy not upset :smile:
You haven't done badly though have you. Like you said 60/70. I also came out of the exam in tears to be fair because I realised that K has strangeness. 60/70 gets you almost full UMS. You should be happy not upset :smile:

We'll both be fine :smile: Anyways, it's all okay- we can just ace biology xD
We'll both be fine :smile: Anyways, it's all okay- we can just ace biology xD

"We????". More like you. Do Cambridge look at your top 3 subjects for UMS?
"We????". More like you. Do Cambridge look at your top 3 subjects for UMS?

You'll be fine :smile: yep, just your top three. So if you ace maths, biology and chemistry then physics doesn't even need to be glanced at.
Reply 90
Original post by KaylaB
Exam Subject: Religious Studies: Religious Ethics
Exam Board: OCR
AS Level or A Level: AS

I was so unprepared and panicked but it actually turned out quite well :smile:

I totally agree , hopefully everything turns out good :smile:
Exam Subject : Maths C2
Exam Board : AQA
AS Level

I thought the exam went quite well today. I know I have done a few questions wrong, but I should still be on for 90+ UMS (hopefully). Honestly there wasn't anything too hard in the exam.
Original post by lucyx
Exam Subject: History (Women's Suffrage)
Exam Board: Edexcel
A Level or AS Level: AS
:frown: worst exam yet (as in ever) - I'd revised so much and knew all the dates and legislation etc and exam technique and had done every past paper ever and was basically always getting 40/40 for essays but I think it was a disaster and I'm so upset

Try not ot worry about it :hugs: These things generally go better than you feel they did. Don't let it ruin the rest of your exams - it's over now, so forget about it and focus on your other subjects now :h:
Exam: Statistics 3
Board: Edexcel
Module type: A2

Made 2 stupid mistakes, costing me a lot of marks. Difficult paper too. Don't see any chance of meeting my firm or insurance now.
Exam: Maths C2
Module Type: AS

Felt like utter ****, much like the c1 paper. I think I've still got an A but if not I may as well kill myself because I'm branded as the school's resident maths genius.
Original post by jchampjchamp
Exam: Maths C2
Module Type: AS

Felt like utter ****, much like the c1 paper. I think I've still got an A but if not I may as well kill myself because I'm branded as the school's resident maths genius.

You doing FM?
Original post by Jai Sandhu
You doing FM?

I wasn't originally but halfway through the year a teacher who organises our Maths Challenge entries persuaded me to pick it up. Regretting not selecting it at the start of year 12 now because I'm gonna have to teach myself quite a bit of it over the next two weeks lol
Original post by jchampjchamp
I wasn't originally but halfway through the year a teacher who organises our Maths Challenge entries persuaded me to pick it up. Regretting not selecting it at the start of year 12 now because I'm gonna have to teach myself quite a bit of it over the next two weeks lol

Alright, if you need any help feel free to ask.
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Alright, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot man, I'll keep that in mind :smile:
Lol each post seems like a diary entry

Anyway,
Edexcel Bio unit 1 AS Retake

Meh. Probably lost 18-22 marks,

Quick Reply

Latest