The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omgitslouise
Praying that the P3 6 marker is instructions for finding the centre of mass of an object

It should be , although i hope the eye doesn't come up.:tongue:
Please explain critical angle when angle of incidence and refraction is given... I'm a little confused!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you get a formula sheet and periodic table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Praying that the P3 6 marker is instructions for finding the centre of mass of an object

So do I however, unfortunately it did come up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chardevs
Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?

- electricity
- forces
- life cycle of stars
- radioactivity
- motion
- work , energy , momentum
- main's supply

it's possible.:smile:
Original post by shannon060399
Do you get a formula sheet and periodic table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Formula sheet but not periodic table.. That's only for chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turquoisecat
Formula sheet but not periodic table.. That's only for chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But then how are you meant to label the element if the alpha and beta part comes up and you have to change the element but taking away and adding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chardevs
Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?

Exactly what I'm doing right now! Did that for the chemistry as well, and managed to answer 80% of the questions on the exam, sooooo I guess we'll see if this was an effective way of revising when we get our results back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288

It won't be because it was the 5 marker last year
can anyone outline nuclear fission and fusion? Much appreciated, last minute revision.
Do you get all equations on a formula sheet???
Reply 291
Original post by will.i am583

Except "frequency(Hz)=1/time period(seconds)"
There might be others but this is the only one I know that isn't on the sheet

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you convert the minutes into seconds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will.i am583

My teacher told us that Frequency=1/time period distance=speed/time and (p3)pressure= force/cross sectional area isn't on the sheet
if i got an A* in p1 a low B in p2 an A in p3 and a high B in coursework (1 off an A, 25% of final grade) what would my overall grade be??
Reply 295

Posted from TSR Mobile

Multiply the minutes by 60

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

x60 (because there are 60 seconds in a minute)
Original post by Natalie15
can anyone outline nuclear fission and fusion? Much appreciated, last minute revision.

Im sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but this is how I have learnt it.
nuclear fission:
a neutron is absorbed into the nucleus of an uranium (usually uranium-235) or plutonium (usually plutonium-239) which makes it unstable and causes it to split. It splits into two smaller atomic nuclei and spits out two or three neutrons. These neutrons could go on to be absorbed into the nucleus of another atom, causing it to split so it causes a chain reaction. (this is why control rods are used in power stations- they absorb some of the neutrons to control the chain reaction)
Nuclear fission has many disposable issues and is very expensive way of producing energy

Nuclear fusion:
This is the joining of two smaller atomic nuclei to form one larger atomic nucleus. It creates a lot more energy than fission and there is plenty of hydrogen available for fuel so people are trying to develop ways to use it. But it can only occur at 10 million degress C and it currently takes a lot more enrgy to get the reactor to this temp than it can produce
I'm a bit stuck on electromagnetic induction, could someone explain the main points I need for the exam?
Original post by docilechic
My teacher told us that Frequency=1/time period distance=speed/time and (p3)pressure= force/cross sectional area isn't on the sheet

Here is the P3 equation sheet. All of those are on this sheet, so don't worry.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYS-W-DS-3.PDF

If you encounter a question saying "Use the formula on the sheet." in the exam, then it will be on here.

Quick Reply

Latest