The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2 Education and Research Methods Forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evekay
I'm currently going through my textbook and and making flashcards of all the authors/researchers - would anyone like me to post a link to them when I'm done? I know it's a tad late but it's better than nothing!

Let me know:smile:

I would please 😬
Original post by EddyEagal
Predictions?

For the education side my teacher predicted: Government policies, Attainment and there is a chance of gender identities or subject choice to come up.

For the research method, the prediction for question five was postal questionnaires but nothing was predicted on any of the other questions
Hi.
think of the selection process in schools as skimming and silting. The best students are selected by schools these are the "cream of the Crop". Marketisation of schools and exams like the G11 or the 11 plus examination are examples of the selection process within the education system.
i'm totally going to fail this second unit :afraid:
Original post by evekay
I'm currently going through my textbook and and making flashcards of all the authors/researchers - would anyone like me to post a link to them when I'm done? I know it's a tad late but it's better than nothing!

Yes pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to structure a Methods in context question?
Not sure how i would, help would be appreciated, thank you. :h:
Original post by evekay

Yes please
Reply 227
What topic do you mean by attainment?
Original post by charnpreetx
For the education side my teacher predicted: Government policies, Attainment and there is a chance of gender identities or subject choice to come up.

For the research method, the prediction for question five was postal questionnaires but nothing was predicted on any of the other questions
achievement
Original post by AbidaIslam
Yes please

So its looking at achievement in gender, social class and ethnicity
Original post by charnpreetx
So its looking at achievement in gender, social class and ethnicity

how underachievement and the class system is largely reinforced by education policy - the notable difference being girls
Original post by AbidaIslam
Does anyone know how to structure a Methods in context question?
Not sure how i would, help would be appreciated, thank you. :h:

Structure your paragraphs so that they go through PETVRR, each issue will be a paragraph. Or if you prefer, PERV(e)RT if its easier to remember, although this isn't the best structure.
Reply 232
Original post by fieldy_xo
Structure your paragraphs so that they go through PETVRR, each issue will be a paragraph. Or if you prefer, PERV(e)RT if its easier to remember, although this isn't the best structure.

What is each letter please?
Original post by evekay

Yes please!! would be sooo helpful :biggrin:
Original post by fieldy_xo

Could you tell me what the letter stand for? Thank you
Reply 235
Practical
Ethical
Reliable
Valid
Examples
Representative
Theoretical
Original post by evekay

please do thanks a lot
Original post by risteard
how underachievement and the class system is largely reinforced by education policy - the notable difference being girls

However gender came up so many times... I think it will be social class
Reply 238
For research methods,
if the question were to ask to examine the problems of different types of experiments (lab, field, natural) should you include advantages and examples?

and would you structure by stating the type, for example field experiments, then address the problems using (PET) and then counter it by using advantages and then give an example?

I'm so confused :frown:
Reply 239
Original post by H-Ali1
Practical
Ethical
Reliable
Valid
Examples
Representative
Theoretical

thankssss

Quick Reply